Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I think we are asking the same question at the beginning of this season as we've been asking for a long time....when the game is on the line, who takes the shot? Right now, it's still Vuc. We sure did/do need AG to become a complete offensive player. AG just seems to be too much in his own head to get there. Fournier thinks he's that guy and I guess he could stake a claim to it as currently constructed. Therein lies the problem. We are gonna run people outta the gym when AG/Fournier?Ross are on at the same time. We are gonna suffer a lot of ugly losses because we can't adjust when they aren't. Vuc is 18-8 every night and that's the only thing we can hang our hat on.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, TRoss43 said:

I think we are asking the same question at the beginning of this season as we've been asking for a long time....when the game is on the line, who takes the shot? Right now, it's still Vuc. We sure did/do need AG to become a complete offensive player. AG just seems to be too much in his own head to get there. Fournier thinks he's that guy and I guess he could stake a claim to it as currently constructed. Therein lies the problem. We are gonna run people outta the gym when AG/Fournier?Ross are on at the same time. We are gonna suffer a lot of ugly losses because we can't adjust when they aren't. Vuc is 18-8 every night and that's the only thing we can hang our hat on.

What we need more then anything this year is health and a fast start. I feel confident we will make a few tweaks, if we are winning at the deadline.

Hield also got a ridicolous amount on his 4 year extension. It can reach 100 millions with bonuses. 

AG, Ross and Vooch deals look pretty pretty good at the moment. 

3 hours ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Lol at this point Evan might want to op out. 

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Oh pretty please!!!

So Funny, Fan For Too Long!!!     :)

G31JFZ.gif    jP13dm.png

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Good breakdown from a professional scout on fultz

This is a nice breakdown. So lets discuss this..Would you agree with the consensus opinion that Fournier/Vuc together creates to much stagnation on offense and certainly leaves us 2 minus defenders on that end? If so, how about starting Fultz at the 2, let DJ play off the ball more and allow Fultz to do we he apparently is most capable of doing now...distribute and play plus defense. Maybe that gives us less time with Fournier/AG with the ball in their hands and we actually create open shots through ball movement? Also, when DJ can square his shoulders from 3, he's deadly. Playing off the ball more would facilitate that.  I wouldn't mind Iwundu running point some with the 2nd group. We all know as soon as TR touches it, its going up anyway. It was never that I thought Fultz couldn't contribute, it was that the early feedback on this board for his play didn't match what I saw with my own eyes. This team lacks a cohesive offense and maybe having two PG-skilled guys together would minimize what we aren't good at and maximize the skill sets of our guys who are capable scorers. Plus I believe Fultz would be an upgrade against other team's 2's defensively. Right now we don't need Fultz feeling like he HAS to score. I think that's what AG is/will struggle with this year.

27 minutes ago, TRoss43 said:

This is a nice breakdown. So lets discuss this..Would you agree with the consensus opinion that Fournier/Vuc together creates to much stagnation on offense and certainly leaves us 2 minus defenders on that end? If so, how about starting Fultz at the 2, let DJ play off the ball more and allow Fultz to do we he apparently is most capable of doing now...distribute and play plus defense. Maybe that gives us less time with Fournier/AG with the ball in their hands and we actually create open shots through ball movement? Also, when DJ can square his shoulders from 3, he's deadly. Playing off the ball more would facilitate that.  I wouldn't mind Iwundu running point some with the 2nd group. We all know as soon as TR touches it, its going up anyway. It was never that I thought Fultz couldn't contribute, it was that the early feedback on this board for his play didn't match what I saw with my own eyes. This team lacks a cohesive offense and maybe having two PG-skilled guys together would minimize what we aren't good at and maximize the skill sets of our guys who are capable scorers. Plus I believe Fultz would be an upgrade against other team's 2's defensively. Right now we don't need Fultz feeling like he HAS to score. I think that's what AG is/will struggle with this year.

Yes I don't like Fournier and Vucevic on the team long term. 

No I wouldn't start fultz at the 2. Too difficult to create a viable 9 man rotation that way. You can play dj-fultz lineups but I don't see the point in starting them. It also creates an awkward bench lineup

When fultz is ready he'll take augustin's spot and that should help the defense. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes I don't like Fournier and Vucevic on the team long term. 

No I wouldn't start fultz at the 2. Too difficult to create a viable 9 man rotation that way. You can play dj-fultz lineups but I don't see the point in starting them. It also creates an awkward bench lineup

When fultz is ready he'll take augustin's spot and that should help the defense. 

Thanks for posting that video. I don't have a lot of basketball experience, so it was very educational for me.

IMO, the great thing about our situation with Fultz and Augustine is I don't believe Augustine is going to give up his starting role without a fight. He has worked too hard for it. If Fultz wants it, he's going to have to earn it, and the Magic will be better for it because both guys will be playing their best because of the competition. 

13 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Good breakdown from a professional scout on fultz

I was just telling my dad the other day how Fultz reminds me of Andre Miller right now, just more of an athlete.

Also, this video goes a long way toward explaining some of the major offensive differences between Fultz without shooting and Elfrid Payton without shooting. Elfrid wasn't always terrible in terms of feel for the game, but Fultz is next level. Fultz, even without shooting, has a lot of ways to attack a defense. Elfrid - when he even tried to make something happen - basically just charged in and either made a nice pass, made a nice finish, or he was toast. If they took away what he was initially trying to do, he just had nothing else. Fultz is much better on the fly in the half court, working that mid-range and finding a way to make something happen. He's young, so he still gets himself into bad situations sometimes... but dear God if he ever gets his outside shot back he's going to be a nightmare to defend.