Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

The more I think about the bamba draft makes me less and less encouraged by this management team. You just drafted Isaac the year before and he was a very thin but long and athletic. And he was injured most of his rookie year.

Then you go out and double down and draft bamba the same but even thinner, long type of player. But one HUGE difference. Athleticism! This cannot be understated. Bamba is not an athlete at this level and this should have been known by our management and scouting. Maybe you take the chance if and this is a big if, he has a good motor. And as we all have seen he doesn’t. 

This move has set this team back, We are now stuck with vooch and buddy ball. Which is kind of funny because neither is long or very athletic. 

I think in order for Bamba to reach his full potential Vooch has to go or when Vooch is playing poorly give Bamba a lot more minutes and see what happens. 

In saying that I wouldn't be surprised if the management team moved him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grizzlies have a nice little core.

I really like JJJ 

Melton gonna be a good player for sure I wish we got him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Grizzlies have a nice little core.

I really like JJJ 

Melton gonna be a good player for sure I wish we got him

I love Ja, he’s so nasty already and he’s already making his teammates better. Kid is special

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I love Ja, he’s so nasty already and he’s already making his teammates better. Kid is special

Yep. Grizzlies future very bright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Yep. Grizzlies future very bright

The Grizzlies is how you rebuild a team. Same with OKC. 

This management sucks. Waited too long. We needed to change ship as soon as they came in. Instead we doubled down on Vuc and wasted draft picks on "long arms". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

The Grizzlies is how you rebuild a team. Same with OKC. 

This management sucks. Waited too long. We needed to change ship as soon as they came in. Instead we doubled down on Vuc and wasted draft picks on "long arms". 

Okeke is gonna be excellent. 

Isaac is also. 

Bamba I'm unsure. But we need patience with the young 1s. 

The vets are a whole different story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

The Grizzlies is how you rebuild a team. Same with OKC. 

This management sucks. Waited too long. We needed to change ship as soon as they came in. Instead we doubled down on Vuc and wasted draft picks on "long arms". 

This just goes to show how little some of you understand about basketball. 

Memphis has literally the exact same team building philosophy as we do and almost an identical roster and almost an identical record. Every player that they've picked is a player I've mentioned that we should look at as they fit our philosophy. Literally every single one down to Melton, Jackson, and Caboclo. 

If we replaced our management with Memphis' staff we'd be in the exact same position we are today. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

This just goes to show how little some of you understand about basketball. 

Memphis has literally the exact same team building philosophy as we do and almost an identical roster and almost an identical record. Every player that they've picked is a player I've mentioned that we should look at as they fit our philosophy. Literally every single one down to Melton, Jackson, and Caboclo. 

If we replaced our management with Memphis' staff we'd be in the exact same position we are today. 

Like seriously though. 

Jonas valenciunas is the closest thing to Vucevic in the league. 

Jaren Jackson is probably the closest similar player in the league to Isaac

Jae Crowder is very similar to Gordon

Dillon Brooks is very similar to Fournier

Morant is very similar to Fultz

Deanthony Melton is near identical to MCW. 

Solomon Hill is very similar to iwundu

They signed Kyle Anderson for the same reason we signed aminu. 

Tyus Jones isn't much like augustin though. That's the big difference. 9 of their top 10 isn't bad though

 

Edit. Forgot Clarke. Clarke is the one guy I would have definitely picked over okeke but there's a reasonable chance okeke is better. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Like seriously though. 

Jonas valenciunas is the closest thing to Vucevic in the league. 

Jaren Jackson is probably the closest similar player in the league to Isaac

Jae Crowder is very similar to Gordon

Dillon Brooks is very similar to Fournier

Morant is very similar to Fultz

Deanthony Melton is near identical to MCW. 

Solomon Hill is very similar to iwundu

They signed Kyle Anderson for the same reason we signed aminu. 

Tyus Jones isn't much like augustin though. That's the big difference. 9 of their top 10 isn't bad though

Morant is averaging 17 and 7. Fultz is averaging 11 and 4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Morant is averaging 17 and 7. Fultz is averaging 11 and 4. 

Sure and Vucevic is averaging 19 and 11 while Jonas is averaging 15 and 10. 

And Brooks is averaging 15.8 ppg while Fournier is averaging 19.2

Same level of talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×