Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

18 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I’m sorry but do you research things before you respond? His ts% has been down since his second year in the league- with a brief blip last year thanks to his 3point proficiency that I already mentioned.  It’s gone now anyway.  Either way, everything else was down.  Everything.  Just go look at his advanced stats on bball reference...look at EVERYTHING.  There is a clear trend.  Again I have nothing against him; given our position we would be wise to sell as high as possible.  His value is not going up, that is all.  No emotion.  

He's been playing through an injury for the last 26 games

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

He's been playing through an injury for the last 26 games

Murphy has talked garbage about Gordon for a long time. Nothing new. No reason to really respond beyond "hey, don't take this too seriously, anybody; this dude's a hater"

The rest of his opinions I'll give respect to, but dude legitimately is a Gordon hater.

To be clear, 'hater' in this context isn't about emotion. My point is that Murphy has never liked Gordon, has always looked at him negatively, and seems to refuse to see any positive in him. Don't need emotion for 'hate' in this context, so maybe contempt is a better word.

• Upvote 1

I actually don't mind criticism of AG. No reason for it tonight, but he is inconsistent. Problem is that Murphy seems to legitimately believe that Aaron Gordon is not a starter level player. So I don't take his criticism of AG seriously, because it goes way too far.

6 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Maybe Murphy should watch tonight’s game. Gordon was exactly what we need him to be. Attack mode AG!!!

I saw it, and I’d point out negative facts about him every day if it led to meaningful performances by him like last night! It’s hard not to like his play last night. I’ve never been one to ignore his good play when it happens.  I’ve felt over the years that he has been overvalued by just a few and more acutely been kind of an empty stat guy that got more benefit of the doubt than anyone but games like last night really show the he has the ability to contribute meaningfully.  I couldn’t be happier with him this am.

42 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I saw it, and I’d point out negative facts about him every day if it led to meaningful performances by him like last night! It’s hard not to like his play last night. I’ve never been one to ignore his good play when it happens.  I’ve felt over the years that he has been overvalued by just a few and more acutely been kind of an empty stat guy that got more benefit of the doubt than anyone but games like last night really show the he has the ability to contribute meaningfully.  I couldn’t be happier with him this am.

That's because you've never included on ball defense in your evaluation. It's his most impactful trait and doesn't show up in box score numbers. 

• Upvote 1

It's not a mystery, Gordon always plays better when we run more and penetrate the lane. It sets up his cuts and wide open 3's.Gordon is inconsistent because our whole organization is inconsistent. Things have changed the last 12 months. Hopefully it gets better.

Anyhow this is the general thread.It was fun watching the Lakers.They need to dump Bradley and Rondo at the deadline if they want to win a title.Usually you need vets like them in the playoffs when the game slows down. However those two are terrible. Rondo can never stay healthy. Bradley is just a black hole on offense and is useless when the refs notice his dirty play. Shout out to KCP, he looks like a completely different player.This is what confidence can do for some guys.

3 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

I like AG, and I think he still has a lot of untapped talent. We see it almost every time that he is tasked with being the primary head-to-head defender of an elite player. The way he generally plays against Lebron, Giannis, Kawhi, and Blake Griffin is truly inspiring; and I bet every one of them has respect for AG. I only wish that he brought that level of FOCUS every night. If he could bring that focus on a consistent basis, he would be an all-star. Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking his normal, nightly energy; I don't ever really see him playing lazy, low-energy; but when he knows he's going up against a top PF/SF, he gets really dialed-in and you can see the difference. I bet he plays well again tonight with Kawhi on the schedule.