Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

18 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Really I have a lot of years that say I do.  When you were a child I was watching this league.  The smartest people in life find someone who knows more then they do and listen to them,   copy them,  and learn.  But you seem you have it all figured out! Your hubris is your weakness!!!

I think you’re missing the point big time. Orlando is similar to toronto in that we aren’t gonna attract big names without some trades or without already being a contender. So we have to be smart and build wisely. That entails finding guys to build around and then using trades to keep improving the team. It’s really the only way forward. We just aren’t gonna sign 2 big FAs in a summer and contend and people have to realize this.

my gripe with the FO more has to do with resigning Vuc. I wanted to get away from him and the style of play he brings. But we didn’t lose an asset and if they can trade him eventually for something useful then it won’t be a waste. 

4 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Bleacher Report posted Mid Season report and gave us a C- which I think is a bit harsh. We are higher in the standing than the Nets and they got a B... everyone seems to hate on us.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871319-midseason-report-card-grades-for-every-nba-team#slide22

C- is probably fine. We're a couple games below where we should be but we're also doing a pretty good job managing these injuries. 

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

C- is probably fine. We're a couple games below where we should be but we're also doing a pretty good job managing these injuries. 

Do you think we are going to trade to offset some of the injuries? We basically have 2 players that may not play again this season Aminu and Isaac.

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Who cares!  we are irrelevant you can analyze it however you want we are still at best a 7th seed in the weak east first round beating!  Our young players can get experience?  It doesn't matter if you don't have the talent in the first place!  You obviously move opinions but don't move bull **** to the real fans!  

1 minute ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Who cares!  we are irrelevant you can analyze it however you want we are still at best a 7th seed in the weak east first round beating!  Our young players can get experience?  It doesn't matter if you don't have the talent in the first place!  You obviously move opinions but don't move bull **** to the real fans!  

This year, sure. But we're not building for this year. We're building for 2021-2025. 

53 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Really I have a lot of years that say I do.  When you were a child I was watching this league.  The smartest people in life find someone who knows more then they do and listen to them,   copy them,  and learn.  But you seem you have it all figured out! Your hubris is your weakness!!!

I'm sorry, but is this not the pot calling the kettle black re: hubris.

Can't understand why you are so angry. I gather we all understand that you've been invested in the NBA and this team for a very long time, but honestly longevity and wisdom are often mutually exclusive. If DOM were still here he would have pulled the logical fallacy website on you for that one.

Honestly though, regardless of opinions FTW is right about team building. It is essentially the same thing for most franchises these days and we cannot compare the past to the present. Magic Johnson once signed a 20 year contract. There wasn't a salary cap at one point. Etc. etc. So many things that make only the past 7 or 8 years relevant to what will happen in the future.

Of course, you are correct that we need to see greatness to be able to find something to build around. While your opinion on what that constitutes is different to FTW's and presumably a few other people, and some people would also share your opinion - it does not change the fact that the fundamentals are still the same. We can't yell at the tv or computer that we haven't traded for Giannis or discovered the next generational talent in the middle of this season. It isn't going to happen in the next five mins.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Not trying to pile on here, but the general observation at the moment is that both conferences are far more even than anytime in the past 15 years

Just now, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Okay what is that plan?  Please share.

One is hoping Fultz breaks out into a star.

Another is hoping Isaac gets healthy.

Eventually moving away from Vuc and potentially Gordon who could still have trade value. There’s still a lot of unknowns of course.

Just now, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Okay what is that plan?  Please share.

I already told you. Put fultz and Isaac in meaningful games to get them experience and development. Use the next 18 months to build the best team around them we can as our flexibility takes a hit at that point. Gather as many assets as possible so we can be players in the next superstar trade. Bet on fultz and Isaac's prime. 

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I already told you. Put fultz and Isaac in meaningful games to get them experience and development. Use the next 18 months to build the best team around them we can as our flexibility takes a hit at that point. Gather as many assets as possible so we can be players in the next superstar trade. Bet on fultz and Isaac's prime. 

I love Isaac and love Fultz.  I don't know if I see star with them and to me putting them in high pressure playoff situations is way overrated.  We don't have the talent base to be something special.  We need more draft picks!  I can see us having this same conversation years from now if things don't dramatically change:)