Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Understood, but you’re going on your premise that Dinwiddie can’t play off the ball and you and I have already beaten that horse. Remember, you said the NBA source that supports the notion that Dinwiddie can play off the ball was deemed unreliable by you; a local sports writer in New York. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Letting him walk and going after Dragic, teague, or Reggie Jackson in free agency. Someone isn't getting paid in this group. 

Just resigning augustin for a year or two as his play has rebounded pretty well lately. 

There's a handful of interesting young point guards that might be able to be had in restricted free agency. 

Trade for a veteran backup with a cost that's more palatable for the role we have available. 

I honestly think resigning MCW as a back up PG is more than enough. He is comfortable with his role on this team. Then draft a 3rd string PG in the second round. 
We need to be more aggressive with the SG position.  We need shooters.

16 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Understood, but you’re going on your premise that Dinwiddie can’t play off the ball and you and I have already beaten that horse. Remember, you said the NBA source that supports the notion that Dinwiddie can play off the ball was deemed unreliable by you; a local sports writer in New York. 

Spencer Dinwiddie is not gonna move the needle how we all want it to in my opinion

18 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Dinwiddie is going nowhere. He is one of the most reliable players in that team on a very cheap contract. No need to discuss any trades that involves him. Ohh and by the way, he is shooting 28% from 3 this year. Not sure how Fultz and Him can coexist with both shooting under 30% from 3. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

When dinwiddie was on the court last year without Russell he averaged 25.8 points and 7 assists per 36 on 46/35/81 shooting. 

When dinwiddie shared the court with Russell he averaged 14.9 points and 4 assists per 36 on 39/31/79 shooting. 

There's objective evidence showing dinwiddie is bad off ball. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Dinwiddie is going nowhere. He is one of the most reliable players in that team on a very cheap contract. No need to discuss any trades that involves him. Ohh and by the way, he is shooting 28% from 3 this year. Not sure how Fultz and Him can coexist with both shooting under 30% from 3. 

That percentage will go up, I know everyone wants a needle mover, but I doubt you get that with Gordon. He is not that great. I’m suggesting reasonable trades that will balance out our roster but the nets probably wouldn’t even bite.

• Downvote 4

20 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

That percentage will go up, I know everyone wants a needle mover, but I doubt you get that with Gordon. He is not that great. I’m suggesting reasonable trades that will balance out our roster but the nets probably wouldn’t even bite.

He's a career 31.6% three point shooter. It's not going to go up that much.