Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

So I don't know if this is good or bad news. 8 weeks is a while

Develop. Clean house. This year is a wash. Rather we get a lottery pick if we continue to fall. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

At least 2 1/2-3 months with how cautious our training staff is. So now instead of looking on how to improve the win colum we should shed salary and trade for a young guy who shows promise but still needs work or opportunity.   

3 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

At least 2 1/2-3 months with how cautious our training staff is. So now instead of looking on how to improve the win colum we should shed salary and trade for a young guy who shows promise but still needs work or opportunity.   

But we won't...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Both. Bad because this puts a serious damper on playoffs and JI loses time on getting better in game.

Good because if there was structural damage, it would never be the same.

18 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Develop. Clean house. This year is a wash. Rather we get a lottery pick if we continue to fall. 

Yeah. I think I’d definitely unload Vuch.

Probably won’t unload AG now. Other players don’t have much value. Maybe Fournier.

IDK...This sucks ass. Being a magic fan sucks ass.

15 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Nah. You don't change everything because one player is out for two months. Whatever the long term plan was should remain the long term plan. 

Edit: though I'm saying that assuming the initial plan wasn't "trade for a guy like DeRozan so that we can win 4 more games at the expense of long term growth". 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I just had a radiologist fail to note broken hardware in a spinal fusion on their report so maybe I'm just shortchanging them a bit. 

There are bad orthopedists also.  Unfortunately there are bad ones in every specialty.  I'm reasonably certain that the doctors looking at someone like Jonathan Isaac are first rate, though, including the radiologists.

I wanna go back to not knowing :-/

considering how bad the worst case scenario was this is great news, however this stings in short term...

I really hope we don’t sign Jeff Green due to our lack of forwards 

30 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Agreed.  I'd say it's pretty bad news overall, even though it could have been worse.  I remember hearing people say he was walking on it after the game and might not miss any time, so this is much worse than that.

1 minute ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Nah. You don't change everything because one player is out for two months. Whatever the long term plan was should remain the long term plan. 

I agree. Weltman shouldn't overreact. Stick with the plan. If we don't make the playoffs, so be it. This had been a bad year for injuries. Let Fultz, AG, etc. continue to play and get better and next year we can regroup when we have more flexibility.