Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Its sad really Indiana won tons of games last year and turned over half their roster and are winning even more.They did all this without the "star" that we lost.

Truth is they just know basketball and basketball players better. They god rid of Young so Sabonis could grow, they made a few savy pick ups to get all the TJ's and Holidays.

They let Bogdanovic walk so they could have room to sign and trade for Malcolm. They drafted a back-up point guard. 

We are the east version of the Suns and Timberwolves, only we don't even have a Booker or Kat. Timberwolves at least took a shot with Butler, even though it failed.

We did the same thing, with.....................IBAKA!!!! Truly we are going backwards.

Edit: Charlotte just passed us in the standings.That's the team who's point guard left them that we desperately wanted.We also debated endlessly if we should trade for their current point guard. Yeah i know they aren't good but this is the first year of their rebuild and they already found a Gem in Graham who already averages more points and assists then our two point guards. SMDH!

11 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Our future is two guys in their early 20s, we can’t expect much I suppose. Our vets are average; let’s not sugar coat this. The team is flawed as currently constructed. I have to keep reminding myself of this because it seems like we’ve been on this treadmill forever.

We can expect more from the FO though. Starts at the top.

We’re in a tough spot because you have to have players that others want and not mortgage your future. We are in that dreaded zone of mediocracy that is so hard to move from.  Some say it’s the worst position to be in versus dare I say a lotto team for a few more years, but then I see the Heat always reinventing themselves. 

23 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

We’re in a tough spot because you have to have players that others want and not mortgage your future. We are in that dreaded zone of mediocracy that is so hard to move from.  Some say it’s the worst position to be in versus dare I say a lotto team for a few more years, but then I see the Heat always reinventing themselves. 

It’s not impossible to build a really good team after choosing mediocrity instead of tanking, especially in the East. The Heat and Pacers have done it

The thing is, those teams play modern basketball with amazing defenders at the 5 and shooters all over 

Sounds logical. Maybe that’s our long term goal while our youth comes of age. I was hoping our vets would be more competitive, but it’s early yet and we could certainly use a tweak for now.

9 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It’s not impossible to build a really good team after choosing mediocrity instead of tanking, especially in the East. The Heat and Pacers have done it

The thing is, those teams play modern basketball with amazing defenders at the 5 and shooters all over 

Heat also has Butler who isn’t LeBron but is very capable of being a go to guy, creating for himself and others...Wants to win...

8 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Is this true?

We didn’t become that bad by accident.  We choose to tank and make ourselves terrible, hoping that history would repeat itself and that we’d land a superstar in the draft.  Some very few of us warned at the time that this was a high risk strategy that could lead to us being bad for a very long time if we didn’t hit the jackpot in the draft.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We didn’t become that bad by accident.  We choose to tank and make ourselves terrible, hoping that history would repeat itself and that we’d land a superstar in the draft.  Some very few of us warned at the time that this was a high risk strategy that could lead to us being bad for a very long time if we didn’t hit the jackpot in the draft.  

Tank or no tank. It’s irrelevant to the results above. We have failed to acquire an offensive go to guy. 

The team with Dwight and SVG, also had Turk who we have nothing close to currently and shooters like Shard and Nelson.

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Exactly, we've abandoned the tanking to follow mediocrity (and a playoff berth that was very marketing needed) but after that you've to make more moves to complete the jump,  especially if you don't have that top 10 player in your roster already. Instead we seemed happy to confirm everyone, sit, have a hard cap situation that doesn't exactly help those moves, and hope for the better, while playing a style that is clearly not the right one for the actual era of basketball (coach has responsabilities in that, but was still management chosing him to do so - they know which was his style and his CV with Charlotte)

Dallas is anothter team very good in reinventing themselves, make risky moves, and find good rotation players from scratches.

I was very happy with the Fultz move last deadline, and with the big run in which we showed guts and improvement. But that same run has been our management chosing a stagnant path (forgetting the reality of the Toronto series) and I'm really really disappointed with them since Vuc FA signing.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

The blessing in disguise is that we can’t continue like this. Either we start winning or WeltHam will be forced to do something.

When you're forced to do something, it's usually already too late. You're also desperate, other teams know that, and that could end in a bad move.

51 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Tank or no tank. It’s irrelevant to the results above. We have failed to acquire an offensive go to guy. 

The team with Dwight and SVG, also had Turk who we have nothing close to currently and shooters like Shard and Nelson.

Fultz projects to be a go-to guy

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Agree, we’d probably just dump salary and get a late first. Still that’s something.

Here’s some good news. Vooch’s deal deescalates year by year: 

https://hoopshype.com/player/nikola-vucevic/salary/

You don’t actually think will get anything worth while for vooch. He was untradeable before we inexplicably signed him with zero competition doing so. Now evan is trying to do the same dam sh** going for that new contract. Ross same deal had the year of his life. That’s when you sell these guys. They have never been good enough, why think it’s going to change in their late 20’s. It’s absurd. 

This team is exactly where it should be with these moves. WeHam got lucky with giannis. Period. 

3 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Fultz projects to be a go-to guy

Projects down the road but he’s not at the moment. He has ways to go. 

And there’s nothing that says you can’t have two. In fact most of good teams throughout the years had two you can count on. I’d say we are filled with 3rd options and projects.