Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

19 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m beginning to think our run last year at the end of the season was a fluke. By all accounts on paper we should be better this year; yet we’re really stinking it up. Bottom line, we are a very average team and it looks like we won’t break 40 wins and 30 is beginning to look concerning. 

I don’t even think on paper we’re that good. Last year we overachieved imo.

23 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m beginning to think our run last year at the end of the season was a fluke. By all accounts on paper we should be better this year; yet we’re really stinking it up. Bottom line, we are a very average team and it looks like we won’t break 40 wins and 30 is beginning to look concerning. 

I think specific vets (e.g. DJ, Ross and Vooch) played better than their career averages last year and inflated our outlook. 

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

The good news is Fournier and Vooch are very tradable, imho. Now if we re-sign Fournier to a monster deal, it’s a different story.

I don’t know about Vuch. Maybe sooner than later? Fresh off all star year might be a selling point but as time goes on, it’ll be like Greg Monroe imo.

I’m personally open to trading anyone for elite talent.

Yeah, If we can’t defend the pick and roll and hit shots then it’s going to be a long year. AG has been horrible! Bamba shows why we needed to sign Vooch; although he’s making incremental gains. TRoss is as streaky as they come. Can’t fault DJ for his role and what he’s paid, JI/Fultz need time, Aminu has not gained traction and Evan is a sixth man on good team. We need a change! 

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I don’t know about Vuch. Maybe sooner than later? Fresh off all star year might be a selling point but as time goes on, it’ll be like Greg Monroe imo.

I’m personally open to trading anyone for elite talent.

I think teams like SA and Toronto would scoop up Vooch with pleasure, but I do think it’s better sooner than later. 

Just now, Soul Bro said:

I think teams like SA and Toronto would scoop up Vooch with pleasure, but I do think it’s better sooner than later. 

Yeah but I don’t think any move with them would be much of a needle mover.

I think we’re going to have to trade players we don’t want to so we can right this ship.

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Yeah but I don’t think any move with them would be much of a needle mover.

I think we’re going to have to trade players we don’t want to so we can right this ship.

Agree, we’d probably just dump salary and get a late first. Still that’s something.

Here’s some good news. Vooch’s deal deescalates year by year: 

https://hoopshype.com/player/nikola-vucevic/salary/

3 hours ago, jec said:

Unfortunately barely anyone else on the team can score

It’s by design, a stupid design. Let’s run the offense through a slow footed 7 footer who’s inefficient and just cover the rest of the team with defense only guys, hoping they magically can one day contribute offense 

Our future is two guys in their early 20s, we can’t expect much I suppose. Our vets are average; let’s not sugar coat this. The team is flawed as currently constructed. I have to keep reminding myself of this because it seems like we’ve been on this treadmill forever.