Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

24 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That was always dumb. People were projecting their young players to play like what they're supposed to play like in 2 years. 

When 5 of your rotation players are first and second year guys you don't win basketball games. 

Yep. Can’t wait for the assertions that they’d have been good had John Collins not been suspended 

7 hours ago, ML6 said:

Yep. Can’t wait for the assertions that they’d have been good had John Collins not been suspended 

Well I hate to be the guy who said I called it... but:

”The Hawks’ second-best player, forward John Collins, who is set to return next week from a 25-game suspension for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program, is one of the primary factors in the organization remaining patient with Pierce.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-hawks-coach-lloyd-pierce-not-currently-on-hot-seat-190450382.html

Why do we have bench players who have no chance of getting minutes? For most of the last 8 years we have been a sub .500 team. Where are our bench guys with upside.

I've watched other teams develop some players, why can't the Magic? Our bench is always filled with Cj Watson types and Melvin Frasiers who will only get minutes in the biggest blowouts. Why can't we get players who are actually good at putting the ball in the basket. So frustrating seeing other teams find these gems who can play ball and we have starters who dribble it off their foot.

Rant off.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:42 AM, Fultz4thewin said:

That was always dumb. People were projecting their young players to play like what they're supposed to play like in 2 years. 

When 5 of your rotation players are first and second year guys you don't win basketball games. 

But it can happen, lets look at another team.

Look at the line for the Heat in a win. 3 solid contributions from 3 very young players in Robinson, Herro and Nun. And trust me, they are up and down, but mostly find a way to contribute even on a bad night. Look at Robinson's line, not the best but doesn't completely crater like some of our starters do every other game.

Check out the minutes played! Even Herro in 22 mintues didn't shoot well but managed to pull down 8 rebounds!!!

This is what happens when you get pieces that fit together and the right coaching.Something doesn't fit on the Magic.

20 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Why do we have bench players who have no chance of getting minutes? For most of the last 8 years we have been a sub .500 team. Where are our bench guys with upside.

I've watched other teams develop some players, why can't the Magic? Our bench is always filled with Cj Watson types and Melvin Frasiers who will only get minutes in the biggest blowouts. Why can't we get players who are actually good at putting the ball in the basket. So frustrating seeing other teams find these gems who can play ball and we have starters who dribble it off their foot.

Rant off.

True

The guys at the end of the bench should change every year if a team sees no development. We should have taken more flyers on other teams extra players. I'm sorry but change is good. I hope Evan keeps balling and gets traded. We need change. I watched the game last night and we were destroyed in the 3rd quarter and i know why.

I saw how gassed they looked at the end of the half, but they had a break. Coaching is important but most coaches have floor generals. The problem is we have too many Indians and no Chiefs! We have a bunch of good guys and no leaders. Players like Ross and Gordon are too dependent on mindset, you can visibly see when they are shaken.

Players like DJ and Fournier  have a killer instinct but don't really have the talent to back it up. And then we have the youngsters, Fultz,Bamba and Isaac. It's not thier time yet but next year we might have to give the reigns to Isaac. Which means getting rid of some guys.

49 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

But it can happen, lets look at another team.

Look at the line for the Heat in a win. 3 solid contributions from 3 very young players in Robinson, Herro and Nun. And trust me, they are up and down, but mostly find a way to contribute even on a bad night. Look at Robinson's line, not the best but doesn't completely crater like some of our starters do every other game.

Check out the minutes played! Even Herro in 22 mintues didn't shoot well but managed to pull down 8 rebounds!!!

This is what happens when you get pieces that fit together and the right coaching.Something doesn't fit on the Magic.

That's not really the best example. Nunn is 25 and Robinson is 24 and you listed 3 first and second year guys vs the 5 that Atlanta has. If Atlanta was only relying on 3 rotation players and one was a guy with 3 years of professional experience it'd be different. 

I know it sounds stupid but a rotation is only 9 or 10 guys so replacing 2-3 of Atlanta's young guys with vets is a significant change. 

45 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

The guys at the end of the bench should change every year if a team sees no development. We should have taken more flyers on other teams extra players. I'm sorry but change is good. I hope Evan keeps balling and gets traded. We need change. I watched the game last night and we were destroyed in the 3rd quarter and i know why.

I saw how gassed they looked at the end of the half, but they had a break. Coaching is important but most coaches have floor generals. The problem is we have too many Indians and no Chiefs! We have a bunch of good guys and no leaders. Players like Ross and Gordon are too dependent on mindset, you can visibly see when they are shaken.

Players like DJ and Fournier  have a killer instinct but don't really have the talent to back it up. And then we have the youngsters, Fultz,Bamba and Isaac. It's not thier time yet but next year we might have to give the reigns to Isaac. Which means getting rid of some guys.

The end of bench guys are Birch, iwundu, and Frazier. Which guys are getting replaced due to no development?

I’m beginning to wonder if our philosophy of drafting defense first, serves us best in every draft? The idea being that we can make them better shooters, but when I see a guy like Hero it makes me wonder. 

44 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m beginning to wonder if our philosophy of drafting defense first, serves us best in every draft? The idea being that we can make them better shooters, but when I see a guy like Hero it makes me wonder. 

Okeke is a great shooter. Bamba is on a stretch since he snapped out of his funk when Vucevic got injured where he's shooting 46% on threes and is up to 37% on the year. Isaac is still trying to find his consistency but projects to be a great shooter. He was great at the end of last year and you start to see it this year where he'll go on stretches hitting a bunch followed by going 1/10. 

Frazier has 9 career three point attempts and zero meaningful minutes so I have no idea if he can shoot. 

Iwundu I'm not sure about because he doesn't take enough. You can point to his 37% shooting last year but he'll go 2 weeks without hitting a three and then hit 8 of his next 13. 

After viewing Okeke film I do see his shooting potential however I think this is a new wrinkle for Bamba; he has worked very hard on shooting since being drafted. I’m pretty excited on what Okeke may bring, all the more reason to move AG as I’m hopeful Okeke will be more balance then AG.