Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

As expected your negativity proceeds you. You are no expert in fact I disagree with you on many occasions. You made reference that you do have a job and are a faster worker then all your colleagues at work that is why you post all the time; so let’s take a deep dive; your the best at your job, your the best on the board; man.... your ego is unbelievable dude. You have very little credibility with me, yeah your good for a few stats here and there but get over yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

As expected your negativity proceeds you. You are no expert in fact I disagree with you on many occasions. You made reference that you do have a job and are a faster worker then all your colleagues at work that is why you post all the time; so let’s take a deep dive; your the best at your job, your the best on the board; man.... your ego is unbelievable dude. You have very little credibility with me, yeah your good for a few stats here and there but get over yourself.

That's a pretty big leap to get there but ok. 

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

I made a proposal a while back that was echoed by others in the know regarding trading AG for Dinwiddie and Harris. I was shot down because 4thewin says that he and Fultz have to have the ball. I then presented Analysis from others in the know who confirmed that Dinwiddie can play off the ball just fine and can create his own shot. At worse we have a dynamic 6 man and Harris is one of the best 3 pt shooters in the league. Now I know you are going to say this is not a needle mover, but I believe it does and balances out our rotation. Do we have our star go to guy? No! But that will come in 2021/22 with another move when we are more balanced and attractive to a star. The trade worked out in the NBA trade machine. Go ahead and trash it....

I think it’s a good suggestion. He’s a good solid player. My opinion against it is He’s not much of a needle mover. He alone doesn’t make NJ much of a contender. I feel we are/have been missing that for quite some time. Since Dwight actually. I also agree at times he can play off the ball but in spurts. His strength lies in dominating the ball and creating. That’s what I want Fultz to do. To get better at with more reps.

I personally wouldn’t want to give up AG and other assets for him and instead wait for that needle mover where we know what we’re going to get. A guy who’s strengths fits not someone who has to alter their strengths.

I hear ya, and thank you for being professional and civil. I can have dialog with you. I agree it’s not much of a needle mover, but are we overrating AG and what he can fetch on the open market? I believe it’s coming to a point after 6 years where there may be some who feel he has another level and there are others who believe he is a solid role player as I do. Do we sell high now is the question and I am not sold that NJ would even entertain the idea, probably not without our 1st round pick and maybe not even then. 

11 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I hear ya, and thank you for being professional and civil. I can have dialog with you. I agree it’s not much of a needle mover, but are we overrating AG and what he can fetch on the open market? I believe it’s coming to a point after 6 years where there may be some who feel he has another level and there are others who believe he is a solid role player as I do. Do we sell high now is the question and I am not sold that NJ would even entertain the idea, probably not without our 1st round pick and maybe not even then. 

I don’t think so. My belief is he is still fairly young despite the 6 years. I look at what Tobias got and while Tobias seems to be a better offensive player, AG is still more all around. AG also isn’t in his prime yet which is the sole reason why I’m fine with keeping him and rather trade him for someone who does in fact move the needle and someone who amplifies Fultz and JI’s game. 

This has been a rough start for AG. At his age, that could follow up with a huge season and unless someone is trading a disgruntled star or looking to rebuild, I would be real picky about who we trade him for.

4 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Let’s be honest Tobias was vastly overpaid

Definitely but I see that if he has that kind of value, AG at 24 has to have a lot of value. Plus AG’s contract is so much more cap friendly.

True, it all depends on the market, availability cap space and other factors. Sometimes a player hits the market at the perfect time as did Tobias. Good conversation:)

1 minute ago, Magicpassion said:

True, it all depends on the market, availability cap space and other factors. Sometimes a player hits the market at the perfect time as did Tobias. Good conversation:)

Yup.

Same here.

I will say that forthewin, dude does his homework. Dinwiddie was a guy talked about last year before we got Fultz and forthewin will dig every statistic necessary to either show said player would be a good fit or not. I disagree with him at times, especially with draft picks, but his stats usually sheds necessary info on the convo. Especially with players already in the NBA.

To tell you the truth I have tried in the past to align with him by complimenting him when I felt his points were spot on and agree that his stat work is solid, but he is too negative for me.