Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

looks like we might have all of our best 9 man rotation active for the first time in a month.

Not like we were setting the league on fire with those 9 active a month ago.  I predict that if Vuch is even a little slower than usual, we’ll be worse when he first comes back (and maybe for awhile afterwards). 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I predict that if Vuch is even a little slower than usual, we’ll be worse when he first comes back (and maybe for awhile afterwards). 

Yeah I'm not sure a Westbrook game is the best one welcome Vooch back with.  OKC would always kill us in the 4th quarter because they just told Westbrook to get downhill and he attacked Vooch at the rim over and over again. 

17 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I wonder if Fultz "Stomach Illness" is a smokescreen for "OMG i'm still having TOC issues.... i had better Call in sick"?

I doubt that, I think the team has been very conscious of that issue and building the right program to address/correct it. I don't think it is something that he would try to hide, as that would only contribute to further issues with it. Knowing how much time it has previously cost him, I think if that were reoccurring he would immediately want to address it. He probably just ate something that didn't agree with him. It happens, especially when you travel as much as NBA players do, and when your body isn't really used to that. 

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Yeah I'm not sure a Westbrook game is the best one welcome Vooch back with.  OKC would always kill us in the 4th quarter because they just told Westbrook to get downhill and he attacked Vooch at the rim over and over again. 

We have a JI.

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

I wonder if Fultz "Stomach Illness" is a smokescreen for "OMG i'm still having TOC issues.... i had better Call in sick"?

I thought about that too. Doesn't seem like it. 

But there's a bug going around NBA locker rooms lately. 4 guys are on the injury report for tonight's games due to the flu

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I thought about that too. Doesn't seem like it. 

But there's a bug going around NBA locker rooms lately. 4 guys are on the injury report for tonight's games due to the flu

I agree.  I don’t think that’s it either.  People get transient GI problems, sometimes due to a virus, sometimes due to food poisoning.  It’s very common.  It’s probably happened to all of us at one time or another and is very unpleasant.  Luckily the worst of it is usually done within a day or so.

I don’t see any reason to suspect anything other than that.  

How much fun is it gonna be in summer of 2021 when we bring in potentially two max free agents, have Isaac and Fultz playing like superstars, and bring in Penny Hardaway as our Head Coach after winning a national title at Memphis?!

• Upvote 3

As we are more then a quarter of the way through the season I’m starting to get concerned about this team. We have regressed and our offense is horrible. Why can’t our front office find a diamond in the rough like some of these other teams? We are really not that young; I believe 17th in age so what’s our excuse? We may need a shake up, something, anything. I’m so tired of the same old crap. We’re a slow paced, soft, inconsistent team who can’t put the ball in the hoop. I’m frustrated with our lack of progression. I’m watching other teams getting better and we’re sucking it up. Vooch will not save us!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

As we are more then a quarter of the way through the season I’m starting to get concerned about this team. We have regressed and our offense is horrible. Why can’t our front office find a diamond in the rough like some of these other teams? We are really not that young; I believe 17th in age so what’s our excuse? We may need a shake up, something, anything. I’m so tired of the same old crap. We’re a slow paced, soft, inconsistent team who can’t put the ball in the hoop. I’m frustrated with our lack of progression. I’m watching other teams getting better and we’re sucking it up. Vooch will not save us!

Most of our issues are related to playing the 7th most difficult schedule so far.

I'm not concerned at all. Offense has been fine lately. 

Why can't our front office find a diamond in the rough? We're starting an undrafted center and picked up what looks to be a franchise cornerstone point guard for nothing. What are you talking about?

You have to stop living in the moment with this team and freaking out over every losing streak. We're the 8th seed. We've weathered 29 missed games from rotation players. We've played great lately. We're exactly where we need to be. Schedule is tough early and significantly easier late. Just need to hang around this spot and make our move in February. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2