Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Here is the honest and real state of the Magic.  Next year I don't see any teams above them falling off.  Especially with Brooklyn getting KD and Kyrie back.  There will be a significant divide between us and those teams talent wise. I believe the teams behind us will get better while we remain stagnant.   We really have no way to improve because of our cap situation and lack of assets anyone wants.  I am tired of striving for mediocrity, time to trade some veterans while keeping some for leadership.  Keep the young core and go young and keep adding talent.  Clifford has maxed this roster out and made them better then they should be because they don't beat themselves they just don't have top end talent.  Time for the Vooch and Fournier disaster to finally end!  There is no way if you are objective that you can say this has not been the worst stretch in Magic history.  Time to not be timid and take some smart calculated risks!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, og magic fan said:

Here is the honest and real state of the Magic.  Next year I don't see any teams above them falling off.  Especially with Brooklyn getting KD and Kyrie back.  There will be a significant divide between us and those teams talent wise. I believe the teams behind us will get better while we remain stagnant.   We really have no way to improve because of our cap situation and lack of assets anyone wants.  I am tired of striving for mediocrity, time to trade some veterans while keeping some for leadership.  Keep the young core and go young and keep adding talent.  Clifford has maxed this roster out and made them better then they should be because they don't beat themselves they just don't have top end talent.  Time for the Vooch and Fournier disaster to finally end!  There is no way if you are objective that you can say this has not been the worst stretch in Magic history.  Time to not be timid and take some smart calculated risks!

Agree with pretty much everything you said

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This guy gets it.

7 hours ago, og magic fan said:

Look i think we can and should keep Clifford and Weltham. Mistakes are inevitable, the problem is doubling down on those mistakes.

Read this  article about how the Suns have changed. Now at this moment, they haven't achieved anything. I watch basketball, i know they have a won all the game in the bubble, i have seen them play.Because of tiebreakers, they might not pull it out. However, it's obvious they have turned a corner.

Read this article. 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/8/13/21365383/phoenix-suns-team-building-cam-johnson-james-jones

Especially the part about the draft. Suns have had a ridiculous amount of draft busts this past decade and one really lucky pick. IN 2018 they get a new Gm who finnally has the balls to dump everyone. Now they still looked pretty lost the last two seasons until just before the break, kinda like we did. I guess the big difference is they acquired players who can actually shoot, we just had a hot streak. Lets see who actually gets better next season.

I think the Suns and Wolves finally turn the corner next year, but it's not to late for the Magic. They need to make some difficult decisions.

Last nights OKC win means Philly gets a first round pick for the Fultz trade instead of 2 seconds. Just a little information for you in October when Philly picks at number 21.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Last nights OKC win means Philly gets a first round pick for the Fultz trade instead of 2 seconds. Just a little information for you in October when Philly picks at number 21.

The beauty of the NBA

4 hours ago, hootie249 said:

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

The beauty of the NBA

I think I'm still okay with getting Fultz for Johnathan Simmons (who isn't even in the league right now ) and pick 21 in this draft. Could Philly come away with an asset, yes; will it be a player that can compare to a healthy, improving Fultz, I would doubt it. 

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think I'm still okay with getting Fultz for Johnathan Simmons (who isn't even in the league right now ) and pick 21 in this draft. Could Philly come away with an asset, yes; will it be a player that can compare to a healthy, improving Fultz, I would doubt it. 

Hey i like your posts. That wasn't the point. Just information. If you can pick up a former number one pick for Simmons and a pick that was most likely to convey to two seconds, you do that every single time.The next step is far more crucial, will he blossom? And will our management cave to whoever is his agent?

19 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Hey i like your posts. That wasn't the point. Just information. If you can pick up a former number one pick for Simmons and a pick that was most likely to convey to two seconds, you do that every single time.The next step is far more crucial, will he blossom? And will our management cave to whoever is his agent?

Not a criticism hootie249, just commenting that even if we knew then that OKC's pick would convey this year, I would still say it's a worthwhile trade/chance to take. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jay Magic said:
Impressive

Stat is impressive yeah, but it's also a product of him taking too many shots, some of them ill-advised. A lot of NBA players could have that kind of stats with that kind of freedom.

In his first year with the Magic, he was considered (and playing like) a pretty good defender and an offensive spark from the bench. With the time passing, his focus in defense has gone away little by little, while he's taking a role that is really too big on offense. Would like him (or the coach) to go back to the previous kind of player he was, more useful for the team.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Stat is impressive yeah, but it's also a product of him taking too many shots, some of them ill-advised. A lot of NBA players could have that kind of stats with that kind of freedom.

In his first year with the Magic, he was considered (and playing like) a pretty good defender and an offensive spark from the bench. With the time passing, his focus in defense has gone away little by little, while he's taking a role that is really too big on offense. Would like him (or the coach) to go back to the previous kind of player he was, more useful for the team.

I sort of agree. I would like us to have the personnel available so that he can go back to the previous kind of player he was.