Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I still think it's far too early to close the book on Weltman and Hammond. They haven't made any outright bad decisions I don't think personally. They've made some decisions you could disagree with, but when they were hired we hadn't been to the playoffs since Dwight and now we'll have been twice. Yes it's the 8th seed, yes we're still under .500 but we've improved. Rob Hennigan traded Tobias Harris for basically nothing and Oladipo and Sabonis for half a season of Serge Ibaka. Compared to that this front office are downright brilliant.

5 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Vander Weide was incredibly successful until he cracked during a messy divorce from the owner's daughter (talk about stressful situations). Martins is - by all reports - excellent at his actual job, and he isn't doing any more than that anymore. Weisbrod, yes, was a joke, and a terrible mistake by the ownership. They also didn't let that mistake linger, making him step down after one year.

Something was going on between Martins,Skiles,Henny and ownership that set this team back half a decade. Henny and Skiles weren't on the same page and the year they worked together set the stage for our franchise to go backward. Even if you don't openly believe in conspiracy theory like me it's obvious The Tobias and Oladipo trades might have been killed by better management.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I still think it's far too early to close the book on Weltman and Hammond. They haven't made any outright bad decisions I don't think personally. They've made some decisions you could disagree with, but when they were hired we hadn't been to the playoffs since Dwight and now we'll have been twice. Yes it's the 8th seed, yes we're still under .500 but we've improved. Rob Hennigan traded Tobias Harris for basically nothing and Oladipo and Sabonis for half a season of Serge Ibaka. Compared to that this front office are downright brilliant.

Yeah i'm still 100% sure Henny did the first to spite Skiles and the second to spite Martins.

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Signing vooch and drafting bamba the same year, was a good decision?

2 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah i'm still 100% sure Henny did the first to spite Skiles and the second to spite Martins.

I can 100% believe that to be honest. Especially the Tobias trade. 

Ultimately it probably worked out for the best because now Alex Martins (who quite clearly pushed for hiring Skiles which was a disaster) isn't involved in basketball decisions anymore.

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

Something was going on between Martins,Skiles,Henny and ownership that set this team back half a decade. Henny and Skiles weren't on the same page and the year they worked together set the stage for our franchise to go backward. Even if you don't openly believe in conspiracy theory like me it's obvious The Tobias and Oladipo trades might have been killed by better management.

So ownership isn't involved enough? Obviously something was going on between Martins/Skiles/Hennigan. That's kind of documented information. But what you seem to be saying is that the non-basketball guys (Martins and ownership) should have stepped in and overrode Hennigan on those trades? Or they shouldn't have hired Skiles? I'm of the opinion that it wasn't the Skiles/Hennigan season that was the real death knell, but the Vogel/Hennigan off-season. Skiles, from what I could see, just understood that Hennigan was garbage and wanted nothing to do with it.

2 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

So really you just want to gut the team just for the sake of it. You don’t actually have an idea of how to make the team better

You should read Hootie’s post, he knows what he is talking about

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Signing vooch and drafting bamba the same year, was a good decision?

He drafted Bamba when Vuc was an expiring. Then Vuc made the All Star team and lead us to the playoffs so he resigned him. The decisions were independent. I don't think you can sell not resigning an All Star to fans, executives or future free agents. Similarly, always draft the best chance at a star in the lottery. Always. Regardless of roster. And I think Bamba developing into Rudy Gobert who can hit 3 pointers was worth gambling on. It might still be worth gambling on. Ultimately that decision might still pay off in the next couple of years (it's not likely but still possible).

Skiles was not the coach Henny wanted, he was forced to hire him. Skiles came in and said he could't win with our point guards so Henny obtained one he worked with before. I don't think it was a deliberate sabotage just a power struggle between two men. Then Skiles quits and Henny goes all-in knowing he is going to be fired. It's literally the worst situation you want with someone is in charge of personal. His Ibaka nonsense was a head scratcher the minute it happened. After the whiteboard incident it became obvious Henny did not know what he was doing. He used the Ibaka trade to try to create whatever he was going to do if he had gotten his "Combo forward center" star.

His trades were disasters that every single media outlet derided and questioned. So yes, upper management failed us this decade.They should have stopped this nonsense.

After that the failure of current management to trade some medium priced vets for better pieces allowed us to win just enough so we couldn't draft a star. Nuff said. In essence waiting and hoping isn't going to change anything, it's time for another reset, the Isaac injury is the catalyst. Maybe if it didn't happen we could try to win but it's not going to happen now, let's give Fultz another year to develop and start dumping contracts as well as we can.

• Upvote 1

I’m a fan and he didn’t have to sell me on not signing vooch. He was back asswards thinking. Sometimes you have to stick your neck out to reach success. So far I’ve seen the mngt has not. Safe route gets us exactly where we are at. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’m a fan and he didn’t have to sell me on not signing vooch. He was back asswards thinking. Sometimes you have to stick your neck out to reach success. So far I’ve seen the mngt has not. Safe route gets us exactly where we are at. 

Don’t know if you have noticed or not, but most fans of the team aren’t on this message board and don’t think like people who talk about teams on message boards

not bringing back an all star would have been an extremely hard sell to the majority of fans

This team is in a horrible situation considering isaacs horrible injury. Boring as all hell to watch, no sure fire young talents fultz is good but not a face of franchise talent, minimal passion, the Bamba situation is an absolute joke and this has been without Aminu who was a disgrace while fit and playing shooting 29%.

• Like 2