Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

does anyone a) believe the stuff floating on the web about warriors continued interested in aaron for their pick?; and b) think we could quickly change course if that could be pulled off. I LOVE Aaron Gordon (was going to have that as lower case but decided to keep it upper) but I feel really lost as a fan right now and would be happy if they just did something that wasn't staying the course. They've done the "remain competitive while collecting future talent" bit in a way. Surely a couple of rubbish playoff berths give ownership enough of that to tie them over til we actually hit on something worth building around.

With Isaac's bad luck and bad health we have no 100% untouchables left. If there was ever a time to get fluid it's starting now.

10 hours ago, J-Mac said:

Are we really going to lose the 7th spot to Brooklyn 

It was seen as a given, especially after the two wins against weak teams, but in the end we will probably miss that target too. Not that will change a whole lot, we have not showed anything new in that tournament that could suggest we were going to beat the 2nd seed.

5 hours ago, Babir_9 said:

Are we really going to lose the 7th spot to Brooklyn 

I was insisting a lot that the path of mediocrity we've chosen last year was terrible, and a lot of people was answering that I was unable to see the long term plan, and that 2021 was our key season. That was the easy answer to justify everything...

Now it's probably more evident that a rebuild is necessary, but it's also too late, without the bad decisions of last summer there was no need of a rebuild either, just not sign so many absurd long term contracts... now even if we trade them, we have to take something back, and that's something will not be a good asset, and will still count against the cap.

We're actually in the worst possible situation, mediocre team with no cap space at all and no room for movement, especially considering how conservative has been the management. Unfortunately and sadly enough, we could start to make a point that we were on a better situation when Henningan was fired, and that's really terrible.

• Upvote 2

Couldn’t have said it better myself. The questionable resigning of Vuc after being almost unplayable in the playoffs was really the writing on the wall for me with this front office. I excused the first year when they said they wanted to evaluate the team and see what we had. I excused the second year when they said the draft flattened.  We decided to trade away  our second round picks when it turns out that draft was pretty deep with competent basketball players who could at the very least put the ball through the hoop unlike half our current roster. The direction this franchise is continuing to head is pretty concerning considering we keep putting the same product out on the floor, with the same core guys, and continuing to get the same results over and over again.  

• Upvote 2

Our record against teams over .500 after last night? A miserable 5-29. A .172 winning percentage. Don’t matter who we play between the Bucks and the Raptors, we’re getting swept.

• Like 1

Losing Isaac has derailed the middle way we have tried to approach rebuilding under WeltHam. I really hope we see Fultz start the rest of this year, and I really hope we flip some of our vets for a fresh start after the season.

• Upvote 1

Injuries happen, unfortunately, look at the Nets that are without a ton of stars/great players and still ahead of us, but that middle way IMO was disfunctional since the start. It could work if you have great leaders that show the young group the right way to play everynight, professional and consistent, but that's not the case with ours.

We have a good young group, but no stars anyway, so wasting cap space and assets for a mediocre output was doubtful from the start. You can convince a star to join with a) cap space b) a lot of great assets to make a deal. We killed both possibilities in our way to mediocrity.

Finally, I've done that before, but I have to remember again that with Isaac healthy, we were bad in the first part of the season too, something like a 12-19 record in november and december. (and don't get me wrong, I love Isaac, but he's not the savior)

I don’t even think the mediocrity treadmill is terrible. Miami and Indiana went that route and they’re slowly building fun teams.

What bugs me about our team is that the hard nosed guys get relegated to smaller roles or traded and we have a soft Center who throws a temper tantrum every time the opponent scores.

37 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

lol

Cant believe Lillard didn't hit the last 2 free throws

TrailBlazers does not deserve to get in the playoffs since they could not defeat Clippers' third stringers