Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/7683412/milwaukee-bucks-trade-andrew-bogut-stephen-jackson-golden-state-warriors-monta-ellis

Curry didn’t really become Curry until GS traded Ellis. At the time of the trade, Ellis was their leading scorer. Meanwhile, Thompson also didn’t become Thompson until the trade, as Ellis was their starting SG.

At some point, we need to hand the reins to Fultz and AG and stop riding the Augustin, Fournier and Vooch train. (Obviously, I would have added JI in the mix, too, but now he’s injured). As currently constructed, this team will not be competitive with the top teams.

i wholeheartedly agree with this...we need to trade Vooch, even and augustine and see how we do this next year.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, magicblue said:

If we don't take Bamba I officially give up on this team. Like literally ?forthewin just delete my account

On 6/21/2018 at 7:51 PM, HeHateMe said:

Bro same. I’m nervous. If we pass on Bamba I’ll literally die. 

On 6/21/2018 at 7:51 PM, DirtDan2012 said:

Bamba's coming to O-Town.............  I love it.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, Fultz4thewin said:

On 6/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, HeHateMe said:

Welcome Mo. Welcome!!!

i just can’t beleive it actually worked out. 

Hammond must be doing backflips. 

On 6/21/2018 at 8:08 PM, HardCutting Fultz said:

I'm doing backflips atm

On 6/21/2018 at 8:12 PM, chosen12 said:

Yes Sir!!!! We just need to take care of the AG matter and we Have Issac, Mo and AG down low, and can guard anything coming into the paint! 

I think our Franchise just turned the corner!!

On 6/21/2018 at 8:20 PM, HeHateMe said:

It did man. We needed this. We deserved something like this to go our way. This is a franchise changing night. 

Lets go trade back and get a PG. 

A trip down memory lane from the day we drafted Bamba. Just a tiny sampling of posts.  

For what it’s worth on the Bamba front, part of his conditioning issues are that he had Covid in June and has apparently been struggling quite a bit from the aftermath of it. We need to continue to be as patient as we can as a fan base and remember that these aren’t only unprecedented times for us as people, but professional athletes as well. I’m viewing everything that happens in the bubble under a heavy asterisk, just *****ing sucks that JI happened to tear his ACL in there...

• Like 1

JJZFL here was my post just before the draft. 

Unless u have a working crystal ball, none of knows who’s gonna be the best pick. It’s all opinion and we shouldn’t be putting other people’s opinions down because it’s doesnt jive with your own. We all want the magic to be relevant again. I hope after tonight we will be on that path. Go Magic!!!!

#draftrae

just saying 

Yea it's revisionist history to say we should have selected SGA or someone like that. Bamba was considered the clear 5th pick. Several mocks had Bamba going in the top 4 and Trae falling to us (or past us). It's not like we reached on him. Hindsight is 20/20. 

• Upvote 1

I've been thinking about what it would take to get me to trade AG and I honestly think it would take a godfather type deal. And that might be me over valuing him but I honestly don't care. The only team I can see going all in on AG in that scenario would be Golden State. Their championship window is pretty short with a 32 year old Steph. They've got the Minnesota top 3 protected 2021 pick, their own high lottery pick this year, Eric Paschall and the TPE which they'd need to use to acquire salary to match. If they could acquire a 15 mil ish expiring for basically nothing with the TPE then they could make a deal work for AG.

16 hours ago, Anfernee1 said:

It shows that everyone does not know what the hell they are talking about and Young is proving everyone wrong! I am a Sooners fan and I thought Young is going to be one of the best players in the draft and I was right and Magic wanted Young too so I was pissed that Magic did not trade up for him

What? I think those two years most of the posters changed their mind after the draft lotto. This board was all over Trea Young,Luka and Jaren Jackson JR hoping we would get a little lucky and move up.I don't think anyone wanted Bamba it's we were told he was BPA at that spot. It's easy to fall into the trap of hope and people were just being fans.

I mean most of us could have **** all over Bamba before the draft and demanded management have enough balls to draft a point guard. I just don't think  the whole board is full of contrarians, or negative people. I'm that negative guy along with a few others. Everyone else was just going along with the national news to be fans. 

Bottom line with our management.They chose the guys almost every publication said they would, so they went the safe route, Isaac then Bamba.

Honestly most teams do it, it's not like we are the only team.It's just some teams constantly reinvent themselves. I used the Pacers as an example because they have been very similar to Orlando the last 30 years. They have had some very good teams and with just little more luck could have won a championship. They have kept changing and evolving.I think the Orlando Magic have exhibited all the signs of a perennial losers. It happens and i feel the Magic deserve better.

It's just mind boggling we had a solid 5 year stretch when we were easily one of the 3 worst teams and yet we never got a high pick. I'm talking about after the Dipo draft. I feel like management was just waiting for a savior instead of making moves. I think the one thing the fans do not want is complacency. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea it's revisionist history to say we should have selected SGA or someone like that. Bamba was considered the clear 5th pick. Several mocks had Bamba going in the top 4 and Trae falling to us (or past us). It's not like we reached on him. Hindsight is 20/20. 

We didn’t have to draft SGA at 6. We could have traded down. 

instead we drafted a redundant position that’s the least important in the NBA in which we had two guys ahead of him ready to go. Really baffling. 

51 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

What? I think those two years most of the posters changed their mind after the draft lotto. This board was all over Trea Young,Luka and Jaren Jackson JR hoping we would get a little lucky and move up.I don't think anyone wanted Bamba it's we were told he was BPA at that spot. It's easy to fall into the trap of hope and people were just being fans.

I mean most of us could have **** all over Bamba before the draft and demanded management have enough balls to draft a point guard. I just don't think  the whole board is full of contrarians, or negative people. I'm that negative guy along with a few others. Everyone else was just going along with the national news to be fans. 

Bottom line with our management.They chose the guys almost every publication said they would, so they went the safe route, Isaac then Bamba.

Honestly most teams do it, it's not like we are the only team.It's just some teams constantly reinvent themselves. I used the Pacers as an example because they have been very similar to Orlando the last 30 years. They have had some very good teams and with just little more luck could have won a championship. They have kept changing and evolving.I think the Orlando Magic have exhibited all the signs of a perennial losers. It happens and i feel the Magic deserve better.

It's just mind boggling we had a solid 5 year stretch when we were easily one of the 3 worst teams and yet we never got a high pick. I'm talking about after the Dipo draft. I feel like management was just waiting for a savior instead of making moves. I think the one thing the fans do not want is complacency. 

100% man. We need to get out of this savior mentality and just get guys who fit together. Indiana, Utah, Heat, etc all rebuilt pretty well and quickly in short time after they lost their stars by drafting well and making smart personnel changes. Even the Suns are starting to come together. This is shameful. 

I really hate our complacent front office. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

So Mo had the Rona

Makes sense now as to why he's out of the rotation.  Missed time staying in shape during his illness, missed early bubble team workouts due to isolation, carrying extra weight from bulking up.

Not sure if he's also dealing with lingering COVID effects, but hopefully he doesn't have any.  I got COVID from a patient and was out of work from 7/13-7/26.  Been back at work for 10 days and still randomly get short of breath / fatigued at times.