Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Guys the Evan thing is completely in his hands.It's a player option. I would love for a decent trade to happen with Evan but as always, that ship has sailed.

Even if he opts in 17 million is still pretty steep for a contender to trade for. At first i thought he would be stupid to turn down 17 million but i feel there are enough teams out there that might offer him something worth leaving for.

Here is the breakdown

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2020/

I'm aware he has a player option. And I've said previously we should hope he opts in so we get anything for him.

There are, by my reckoning, about 6 teams with meaningful cap space this summer. One of those is Miami who are more than likely going to try and preserve cap space for 2021's much better free agent class. It's not going to be a great market for free agents. Evan will more than likely opt in unless his agent thinks he can get like a 4 year 60mil deal somewhere and I'm not sure I can see where that'll come from. 

As far as being traded to a contender. You have to match salary in a trade so what teams are willing to pay is irrelevant. They're already paying that 17mil to some combination of players now. They're not committing to him long term because he's an expiring but if they wanted to extend him at the end of the season they could go over the cap to do so (something they couldn't do if they tried to sign him as a free agent)

Off the absolute top of my head (without much consideration) here are a few contenders who Fournier would probably benefit next season: Dallas, Denver, Brooklyn, maybe Utah, Philadelphia, maybe the Lakers, maybe Memphis if they're going to try to push towards being a playoff team. Whether those teams have anything to trade or any contracts to match up for Evan is another thing. 

29 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

You know how you build conditioning? Playing! How do the Magic expect him to ever get better if he doesn't play?

I hate that Birch has played over him so much this year. Birch has been just as awful and has gobbled up all the minutes. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

There is no way a guy averaging 17+ppg on 40% 3 point shooting with a positive assist to turnover ratio who's contract will be expiring doesn't have value. In the off-season or middle of next season. (I'd prefer he go in the off season to give us more time to mesh without him but his value might be maximised in a mid season trade)

He's been bad these last two but let's not act like that means he's worthless. 

If Magic tries to trade Evan and there is no takers then that means he is worthless

12 minutes ago, Anfernee1 said:

If Magic tries to trade Evan and there is no takers then that means he is worthless

But we don't know that we trade to trade him. We don't know there were no takers. You've just assumed. 

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

But we don't know that we trade to trade him. We don't know there were no takers. You've just assumed. 

I did not assumed, I said "IF"

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Anfernee1 said:

I did not assumed, I said "IF"

But you did say we were stuck with him. Which implies he has no value. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/7683412/milwaukee-bucks-trade-andrew-bogut-stephen-jackson-golden-state-warriors-monta-ellis

Curry didn’t really become Curry until GS traded Ellis. At the time of the trade, Ellis was their leading scorer. Meanwhile, Thompson also didn’t become Thompson until the trade, as Ellis was their starting SG.

At some point, we need to hand the reins to Fultz and AG and stop riding the Augustin, Fournier and Vooch train. (Obviously, I would have added JI in the mix, too, but now he’s injured). As currently constructed, this team will not be competitive with the top teams.

• Upvote 2

On 8/5/2020 at 11:39 AM, Gordon MVP said:

This is a case in point that with #6 you dont:

1. Ignore other needs for a perceived BPA that doesn't fit nor provide a need, especially considering we resigned our current starter to 4 years and had an adequate backup in Birch. 

2. Pick a skinny center this high that isn't being touted as a once in a generation player. 

3. Use it on a center in general, which is increasingly becoming the least important position in the NBA. Defensive centers can be found everywhere.

This was really just a stupid stupid pick considering our situation. 

I just recall the jubilation on this board when Bamba fell to us.  Everyone was saying Atlanta made a historic mistake by picking Young.  Others were saying that Bamba might be the best player in the draft.  

22 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I just recall the jubilation on this board when Bamba fell to us.  Everyone was saying Atlanta made a historic mistake by picking Young.  Others were saying that Bamba might be the best player in the draft.  

It shows that everyone does not know what the hell they are talking about and Young is proving everyone wrong! I am a Sooners fan and I thought Young is going to be one of the best players in the draft and I was right and Magic wanted Young too so I was pissed that Magic did not trade up for him

• Downvote 2