Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Bamba didn't get off the bench until the final six minutes of Orlando's first two games. Khem Birch, a 27-year-old journeyman, is playing ahead of him, and there is no indication that's going to change.

It was hard to watch Bamba amble onto the court for those final few minutes and think about how much different things would be for the Magic with a different break in the 2018 NBA draft. Here are three players who went ahead of Bamba (No. 6): Luka Doncic, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Trae Young. Taken right after him? Wendell Carter Jr. Taken later in the lottery? Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Michael Porter Jr.

Put any one of those six players on Orlando's roster and both the present and the future are much brighter. Instead, the Magic remain on the treadmill of mediocrity and without many options to meaningfully improve this summer.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbareturn29594655/what-seeing-hearing-nba-bubble

44 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

This is a case in point that with #6 you dont:

1. Ignore other needs for a perceived BPA that doesn't fit nor provide a need, especially considering we resigned our current starter to 4 years and had an adequate backup in Birch. 

2. Pick a skinny center this high that isn't being touted as a once in a generation player. 

3. Use it on a center in general, which is increasingly becoming the least important position in the NBA. Defensive centers can be found everywhere.

This was really just a stupid stupid pick considering our situation. 

• Like 1

Wendell Carter would be in the exact same position as Bamba right now. He's already missed half a season to injury and can't shoot yet. 

Having Shai or even Sexton would be nice. 

3 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

What should we have expected with barely any turnover in a roster that has been inconsistent for years?

If you've read my posts here, you know by now that I wasn't expecting nothing more, nothing less. :)

I'm actually surprised by fans that had high hopes after the two blowout wins (against mediocre teams)

I also thought we had a shot, giving this very particular situation to finish the season, in the sense that we're a team that hasn't changed a lot (routine could help you for a fast tournament) and we should be defensive minded... that kind of teams could make a surprise in a strange environment like that one. But in the end, this team always shows the same defects, defense should be our mantra, but we tend to forget about it too many times, and without Isaac, even this little hope I had has faded in only 3 games.

Hey hey i'm gonna watch the game and i will be absolutely thrilled if they win. That being said i'm still shocked at the long-boi, lets not get any shooters, or any ball handlers  draft and free agency strategy. This is why we *****! So whenever we have a good stretch its because almost everyone is healthy and we have an abnormal hot shooting stretch.

It took almost a miracle for us to be .500 last year. Have to be proactive...start doing anything to get better players. Cough, cough TJ Warren. Pacers lost PG 13 and got 2 players for him and still went out and got Brogdon,drafted a PG,Let Bogdan walk, paid Myles because he is an asset, acquired McConnel, traded for warren, basically flipped the whole team. And guess what they won't be done. If Dipo is healthy next year they will decide who is a better fit with the team between Sabonis and Myles and both will have great value because they are SIGNED!!!! Remind me in a year if one of them are not traded for a good asset. Meanwhile 8 years later we are still rolling out Vucevic and Evan. 

AND I LOVE VOOCH! However i wish he were traded before he cost 28 million.

RANT OVER

23 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Hey hey i'm gonna watch the game and i will be absolutely thrilled if they win. That being said i'm still shocked at the long-boi, lets not get any shooters, or any ball handlers  draft and free agency strategy. This is why we *****! So whenever we have a good stretch its because almost everyone is healthy and we have an abnormal hot shooting stretch.

It took almost a miracle for us to be .500 last year. Have to be proactive...start doing anything to get better players. Cough, cough TJ Warren. Pacers lost PG 13 and got 2 players for him and still went out and got Brogdon,drafted a PG,Let Bogdan walk, paid Myles because he is an asset, acquired McConnel, traded for warren, basically flipped the whole team. And guess what they won't be done. If Dipo is healthy next year they will decide who is a better fit with the team between Sabonis and Myles and both will have great value because they are SIGNED!!!! Remind me in a year if one of them are not traded for a good asset. Meanwhile 8 years later we are still rolling out Vucevic and Evan. 

AND I LOVE VOOCH! However i wish he were traded before he cost 28 million.

RANT OVER

I am glad Nikola was not traded because Bamba seems lazy

27 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

MPJ 30 and 15 and 5-9 from 3

Give Denver credit,  They rolled the dice and gambled on MPJ overcoming his injiury and it has worked so far.   I researched him and none of what he is doing should come as a surprise.  Overcoming his injury was the key.  It was a little easier for Denver who got him at pick 14.  Taking him at #6 would have taken a lot of guts.   Hopefully Okeke will be our MPJ.   I still think Denver's trade for injured Bol Bol may turn out to be just as good.  Both MPJ snf Bol Bol were considered top 3 picks before their injury.  Dnver could end up with two good starters for pick 14 and cash for pick 44.  Not too bad if it works.  Sometimes you need a little luck.