Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I guess you all want to give money to a injuried prone player next year when his contract is up, it is not worth doing so since he can not stay healthy and if he continues getting hurt after Magic signs him to a big contract, you all will be saying “Magic should never re-sign him” “Magic should have let him go instead of signing Isaac to a big contract” “and Magic made a big mistake re-signing him”

• Downvote 3

30 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

My heart hurts

Losing to the Lakers in the finals and JI getting hurt again...two most painful moments for me. We have waited so long for tge rebuild to pay off. Now we wait even longer. 

59 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Woke up to the ACL news. *****.

Yeah, I had just turned the game off. I thought they were old pictures at first.

My gut reaction is to burn the entire franchise to the ground, but I assume that's just anger talking

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Yeah, I had just turned the game off. I thought they were old pictures at first.

My gut reaction is to burn the entire franchise to the ground, but I assume that's just anger talking

I have a lot of emotions about the whole thing too.

Some Magic fans (not really on here thankfully) have flipped from "we're babying our young guys this is a joke WeltHam are too cautious" to "wtf why were we even playing him in these seeding games" and that is enraging me. 

If you take a step back from the crushing sadness of this young potential star having his career, at best, put on hold. The reality of the situation is now Weltman and Hammond have got a lot to deal with now. Do you extend Isaac? For how much? And how do you build going forward? He's going to miss at least next season, it's difficult to know how he'll play on his return. Do you continue to build for the future around the idea that he'll be a DPOY calibre guy who plays 70 games? Even if we wanted to trade AG can we do it now? Does this effect how you feel about keeping Fournier? 

I have been hugely against tanking. We tanked for a long time and ended up with very little. But part of me (and it's still only a small part of me at the moment) thinks: trade Vuc, Fournier, Gordon, Ross for picks and expiring vets, take next year as a free hit where Fultz just takes a bunch of shots and see what happens. If we lose a lot and get a high lottery pick we get Cade Cunningham or another one of the top guys in 2021 which is a hyped up draft class. If we somehow swim and Fultz is a star, great. 

I don't think we'll do that. And I don't know I actually want us to. But before this it wasn't even a thought in my mind.