Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

30 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

How long does he have to quarantine before he’s allowed to start to practicing with the team? 

Not entirely sure, I think it was 48 hours for everybody else but not sure if that was because they'd been having regular tests on the run up whereas that may have not been the case for Fultz. 

At times, Gordon has been asked to be a shot-creating small forward, other times he’s been asked to be a stretch-four even though his 3-point shooting is inconsistent as he’s only a career 32 percent shooter from deep.

Even with all of this, Gordon has been valued by many other organizations as recently as this season for the potential many teams believes he still has. The Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly tried to acquire Gordon at this season’s trade deadline, meanwhile, the Golden State Warriors were reported to have an interest in Gordon at the deadline as well, and possibly still have interest this offseason.

Most teams are unlikely to pay a massive premium for a player that is still relatively unproven, but if the Warriors do in fact have the interest they claim to have in Gordon, the Magic would be wise to make the deal.

Grabbing from the Warriors what could potentially be the No. 1 pick could become extremely valuable for the Magic. Orlando has long been deprived of a lead-guard which has now become essential to a contending NBA team, with such a high pick Orlando could finally fill that hole with a top-prospect like LaMelo Ball or Killian Hayes.

For Golden State, this deal makes sense and isn’t quite the overpay that it seems. In other years, a pick with a good chance of becoming the No. 1 pick would be extremely valuable but due to a number of factors, the perception that this draft is weaker could make a deal between the two more plausible.

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2020/07/14/orlando-magic-trade-value-aaron-gordon/

Thoughts on Isaac?

I think the org is Playing it safe to temper expectations, but the more I see him involved in the practices (and hopefully scrimmages)... I think there is a higher probability that he plays than we realize..

1 minute ago, zollman said:

Thoughts on Isaac?

I think the org is Playing it safe to temper expectations, but the more I see him involved in the practices (and hopefully scrimmages)... I think there is a higher probability that he plays than we realize..

Yea just seems like our weird ass front office is being weird. 2 weeks ago he was not doing any contact practices and today he is doing 5 on 5 although on a limited basis. I'd bet he plays. 

Rumours that a backup PG is a priority for Golden State and that MCW might be a target (although that might be conjecture based on similarity to Shaun Livingston). I hope we can keep him I really like his energy and defense off the bench.

The Warriors only have the taxpayer MLE so the max they could offer him is like $5.8 mil a year but if they did offer him all of that I think you just have to wish him well, congratulate him on the contract and move on.

7 hours ago, zollman said:

Thoughts on Isaac?

I agree. 

9 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Yea just seems like our weird ass front office is being weird. 2 weeks ago he was not doing any contact practices and today he is doing 5 on 5 although on a limited basis. I'd bet he plays. 

I agree. They are most likely playing this close to the vest like they did with Fultz. One minute we have no idea when he will play and the next the organization has a coming out party for him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Isaac play when we start these last 8 regular seasons games. 

Out of the “Top 50” players in the NBA bubble as ranked by ESPN writers, we only have Vooch represented at 37. Hope this stokes the drive in our guys.

Drafted with the 4th pick in the 2014 draft, Aaron Gordon is in the midst of his sixth season in the NBA. Still only 24, Gordon has seemingly been in the league longer than remotely possible. Is he pulling some sort of Benjamin-Button stunt? While Gordon has yet to age, there have been noted debates and concerns over the apparent stagnation of his development as a prospect. 

Gordon hasn’t shot league average from beyond the arc in any of his six seasons. His shot appeared on track last year when he shot 34.9%, a career mark, on ~4.5 attempts per game. However, his shot cratered this season, falling to a hair over 30% on similar volume. 

After being a positive on-court for the first time last season, he fell back to on-court negativity in 2019-20 (-2.8 pts/p100) per Cleaning the Glass.

Every player has hole’s in their game. It’s inevitable. I’m not here to shame Aaron Gordon’s season; quite the contrary. While many see Gordon’s season as a regression to the mean, I think we FINALLY have found out what his role might be in the NBA. After the All-Star break, there was a significant shift in Gordon’s game, as he became a legitimate offensive hub when Steve Clifford handed Gordon the keys to the offense (His defense is coming later).

In the era of position-less basketball, this is a promising flash from Gordon. It’s important to note that this is only a nine game sample size, but I think a great deal can be gleaned from his play without extrapolating. 

Over that stretch, Gordon generated 6.8 assists per game with a 3.4 Assist to Turnover ratio. The Magic offense skyrocketed from 27th (105.5 ORtg) over the first 55 games to 1st in the league after the break (117.8 ORtg) and went 6-3 for the nine games Gordon played in. I can’t/won’t attribute this solely to Gordon, but he’s certainly been a significant factor in Orlando’s offensive dynamism.

https://premiumhoops.org/2020/07/16/aaron-gordon-a-pre-bubble-analysis/

ESPN Wide World of Sports is beautiful place with three huge buildings practically made to host events year round.  There are yearly tournaments for Junior, high school, collegiate, and international all-around sporting events held there.  Even the pro bowl training for NFL.  They have 3 arena's (The Arena, HP Field House, Visa Athletic Center) that host basketball and easily could host the NBA.  Pop Warner for two decades.  

In 2016, the site hosted the Invictus Games.  Michelle Obama, Prince Harry, and Morgan Freeman were in attendance for that particular event.  

Personally, I've been at those events and the park is beautiful.  

They could host all the NBA teams there if they wanted to minus the crowds of course.  

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Playmaking AG is probably the thing I'm most interested in with the restart. If he continues what he has been doing and we continue to look like an improved offensive team, particularly in the playoffs, I think that's going to dictate whether we believe we should trade him. Because playmaking AG with healthy, All NBA defense Isaac combined with hopefully improvements from Fultz and Bamba might be enough to convince us to do what all Magic fans seem to lament lately and "wait and see". 

We were one of the best offensive teams post all star break with AG being a big part of that. Even if that regresses more to league average but the defense stays top 10 (it might even be better than 'just' top 10 with a full year of Isaac) next season that's probably like a 5 seed. I'm prepared to wait and see on a 5 seed with still quite a lot of potential for internal improvement.