Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

21 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Seen some rumours that there's a mutual interest between Oladipo and Miami next summer. I've got to tell you it would really suck to see one of our draft picks playing for the Heat, and possibly winning playoff series (if he's healthy and paired with Butler and Bam).

Wouldn’t surprise me. Their front office is top notch. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Re: the JI stuff. Oladipo is sitting out too because of his injury. I think we need to consider going from zero to game action and the strain that puts on players’ bodies regardless of injury.

the reason teams have training camp and preseason is in large part in order to slowly work the players into form for the long grind of games and then the extra gear of playoffs. JI coming back for an immediate jump to game action and only eight games before going to the playoffs is risky. Him having an injury just compounds it. However serious the injury was at first, it makes sense to hold out due to the shock on the body of going from the regular home workouts to the intensity of actual NBA basketball.

• Upvote 1

The issue with the Isaac thing isn't that he is sitting out. It's that the front office has misinformed and all but lied to us fans. What's the point of all the secrecy? If he's hurt he's hurt. If he's not then stop bull****ting us.  

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

The issue with the Isaac thing isn't that he is sitting out. It's that the front office has misinformed and all but lied to us fans. What's the point of all the secrecy? If he's hurt he's hurt. If he's not then stop bull****ting us.  

Injuries can change or be unpredictable or vary depending on the individual. Injuries like most other things in this world aren't black and white.

3 hours ago, jjgator said:

Injuries can change or be unpredictable or vary depending on the individual. Injuries like most other things in this world aren't black and white.

Then say that! They haven't been up front since the injury.

I understand, it can be frustrating for myself as well that we don't know. But at the same time we need to keep in perspective we know a lot more than we used to prior to the over saturation of media.

Opinion: our team, for their sake; and likewise with other teams and their personnel probably need at least some layer of silence in order to properly make decisions that are beneficial for the franchise in the short / long term - whatever is important to the franchise at the time. If we as fans know everything about our team, you can guarantee so do their competitors and how can they remain strategy- and objective-focused if they are bowing to media and social media pressure?

That counts for executives, players and support staff alike.

Has anybody seen a photo of Mo inside the bubble? I’ve been looking, but haven’t found one. 

I’m curious to see if the rumor that he put on 28lbs or mostly muscle is accurate or not. 

Also, since i’ve been unable to find him, I’m thinking he might be the guy who has COVID. 

On 7/9/2020 at 10:21 PM, South_Aussie_Magic said:

I understand, it can be frustrating for myself as well that we don't know. But at the same time we need to keep in perspective we know a lot more than we used to prior to the over saturation of media.

Opinion: our team, for their sake; and likewise with other teams and their personnel probably need at least some layer of silence in order to properly make decisions that are beneficial for the franchise in the short / long term - whatever is important to the franchise at the time. If we as fans know everything about our team, you can guarantee so do their competitors and how can they remain strategy- and objective-focused if they are bowing to media and social media pressure?

That counts for executives, players and support staff alike.

No I get it, they need to keep quiet about some things. But I also think this kind of came out of nowhere, considering we all thought he could easily be back by the time playoffs rolled around. Then we get an update that he hasn’t even ran in 5-6 months. 

I think some patient fans are also just growing tired of the “lets do it next year” trend we’ve been seeing a lot with Weltman. But I get the strategy. 

7 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Has anybody seen a photo of Mo inside the bubble? I’ve been looking, but haven’t found one. 

I’m curious to see if the rumor that he put on 28lbs or mostly muscle is accurate or not. 

Also, since i’ve been unable to find him, I’m thinking he might be the guy who has COVID. 

I'm pretty sure it's James Ennis who has COVID.

Hey Guys, I went to Grand Floridian today and this is how they are keeping the players in the bubble. I didn’t see any Magic players but I did see the Pelicans getting off of the bus so that was pretty cool

A0742BD6-F9A6-40C5-895D-D70B4C7A13C4.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KRISH10 said:

Hey Guys, I went to Grand Floridian today and this is how they are keeping the players in the bubble. I didn’t see any Magic players but I did see the Pelicans getting off of the bus so that was pretty cool

A0742BD6-F9A6-40C5-895D-D70B4C7A13C4.jpeg

Pretty cool that all this is happening in Orlando, even though we can't go haha. The (Soccer) Champions League will also be held in my hometown of Lisbon and I won't be able to go.

Bittersweet

Yea it was pretty cool. If you drive on Disney property you will see tons of Disney buses and they have the team logos in the front window.