Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

"Three days into quarantine, Fultz purchased a basketball court and hoop through Walmart’s website. He collected the purchase via curbside pickup to maximize social distancing rules, then assembled the parts himself to ensure he could shoot a basketball anytime he wanted. The unfortunate reality: not every NBA player had such a luxury.

Fultz did, though. So he trained daily, sometimes up to three hours a day on his shooting, ball-handling and conditioning. He worked out in a weight room he had in his garage. He routinely checked in with teammates and coaches with Zoom calls."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/magic/2020/06/29/orlando-magic-guard-markelle-fultz-nba-restart-the-last-dance/3280798001/

Fultz working hard. Hopefully it pays off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Thought I read he hasn't had any contact practices yet.

I think they are keeping the details on the DL. Who knows?

On 7/1/2020 at 3:59 AM, CTMagicUK said:

"Three days into quarantine, Fultz purchased a basketball court and hoop through Walmart’s website. He collected the purchase via curbside pickup to maximize social distancing rules, then assembled the parts himself to ensure he could shoot a basketball anytime he wanted. The unfortunate reality: not every NBA player had such a luxury.

Fultz did, though. So he trained daily, sometimes up to three hours a day on his shooting, ball-handling and conditioning. He worked out in a weight room he had in his garage. He routinely checked in with teammates and coaches with Zoom calls."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/magic/2020/06/29/orlando-magic-guard-markelle-fultz-nba-restart-the-last-dance/3280798001/

Fultz working hard. Hopefully it pays off. 

Hearing this is so satisfying.  You just don't understand how much I want Fultz to succeed. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2020 at 4:40 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

You believe what you want. Regardless of facts. Test more and surprise more cases. Death rate has fallen off a cliff btw. 80% asymptomatic forever. What does that tell you? Oh nevermind. 

Go Magic!!!

Actually, the percentage of positive tests has gone from 4% to 16% in the last 30 days.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/florida

12 hours ago, ~O~ said:

Hearing this is so satisfying.  You just don't understand how much I want Fultz to succeed. 

You and I both my friend! This kid was determined, and I am also grateful that he has shaken the "Bust" label that so many wanted to tag him with!!!

46 minutes ago, chosen12 said:

You and I both my friend! This kid was determined, and I am also grateful that he has shaken the "Bust" label that so many wanted to tag him with!!!

I want him to become a great player because it’s be a positive story. And because I’m a Magic fan. 

I don’t envy free agents this year. Does Evan opt in for one year at 17 or does he try to sign like a 4/40 because nobody knows the long term ramifications of Covid on the cap?? There’s no short term pressure from him, but man it’s a gamble long term.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I don’t envy free agents this year. Does Evan opt in for one year at 17 or does he try to sign like a 4/40 because nobody knows the long term ramifications of Covid on the cap?? There’s no short term pressure from him, but man it’s a gamble long term.

I don't see any way he doesn't opt in.

2 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I don't see any way he doesn't opt in.

That's the reason he feels no pressure. Not only that but, no offense, how many teams are killing themselves to sign him? He is serviceable, and I think he has a great 

heart for the game, but he is a respectable 3pt shooter, marginal defense, and that's it. IMHO