Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

On 6/2/2020 at 4:16 PM, Soul Bro said:

I’m ready for Fultz and Isaac to shine!

Do you expect JI to be cleared? I don't think they will unless JI insist, based upon the Weltman statement. 

7 hours ago, chosen12 said:

Do you expect JI to be cleared? I don't think they will unless JI insist, based upon the Weltman statement. 

Magic forwards Jonathan Isaac and Al-Farouq Aminu are unlikely to return this season despite the extended layoff, according to Roy Parry of the Orlando Sentinel.

Isaac suffered a knee injury on New Year’s Day and hasn’t played since that game in Washington. Isaac was establishing himself as a defensive force before the severe left knee sprain.

Aminu hasn’t played since November 29. Aminu underwent arthroscopic surgery in early January to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.

The Magic were granted a disabled player exception for Aminu but were denied another one for Isaac’s injury.

“Not a whole lot of news there,” Orlando president of basketball operations Jeff Weltman said of the duo. “As always, we’re going to wait and see how they respond to rehab. They’re both working very hard.”

Both players have guaranteed contracts for next season and the Magic plan to proceed with caution. Orlando is currently No. 8 in the Eastern Conference as play is expected to resume on July 31.

“There’s a difference of being healthy and then being safely healthy,” Weltman said. “It will have been a long, long time since those guys played and you know organizationally that we’re never going to put our guys in a position where they’re exposed to any sort of risk of injury. So that being said, we’ll just continue to see how they progress.”

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Someone tell Weltman their exposed to risk of injury everytime they step on the court - practice or game.

Yeah, especially since every player is gonna be coming off of 4 1/2 months off by the time we start back up, and it’ll be 7 months since Isaac’s knee sprain. 

I think Vuc for Andrew Wiggins would be a good trade. I could see GS trading Wiggins this off-season if they land Edwards. Plus, Wiggins still has some potential and he 'd be a good fit with our young core (Issac, Gordon, Fultz and Bamba).

On 6/7/2020 at 5:24 AM, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Very good post Sir, but I must admit that my short term goals consist of making the playoffs in this abbreviated season ....only! 

My long term goals/expectations are to be fully loaded for the 20 - 2021 season and challenge for the ECF. 

16 hours ago, chosen12 said:

Very good post Sir, but I must admit that my short term goals consist of making the playoffs in this abbreviated season ....only! 

My long term goals/expectations are to be fully loaded for the 20 - 2021 season and challenge for the ECF. 

Well then a trade has to happen if you want to to be that optimistic. First step is making it through the playoffs with no injuries. Second step is Evan opting into his contract.

After that management and yes, you the fans have to with hold your loyalties to specific players. It's time to reshape the roster into a unit that fits together. We do have players and assets that can be traded. It's time but not going to talk about that, i'd rather root for an upset in the playoffs. However reading Evans comments and hearing neither Aminu or Isaac will play i'm not holding my breath.

I’m not sure it’s smart to resume this season with a weird format and no fans.  Not sure what they hope to gain.  Players will be in start of season form, or maybe worse, and going directly to playoffs after only 8 games.  Games will all be played in the same complex, and with no fans I’m not sure how it’s going to look.  It may not be all that interesting. 

Then there is the issue of timing.   Playing these games will mean a significant delay to the start of the next season, so now two seasons are affected instead of one.  

I think they might be better off just writing off the rest of this season, and trying to have as normal a 20-21 season as possible.  This season will have a huge asterisk next to it even if they do adopt this weird protocol.  

Other thoughts?

I agree, and a lot of sports all around the world have just called it a day, and started to organize for next season. Except the ones in which money counts more, so there're more interests involved.

Could be weird, but could be also interesting. A lot of unthinkable results could happen, and our Magic team will have a shot, a very small one for sure, but before the break was a sure first round elimination. Even going a little further, could be a good experience for our young core.