Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

On 6/1/2020 at 8:37 AM, matthi32 said:

Let‘s say Fournier won‘t pick up his player-option (I think he will opt in). Would you trade Vuc, SRP and fillers for B. Hield and R. Holmes?

Absolutely 

It is really depressing when you look at possible landing spots for Vuc.  Really few that make sense.  Sort of makes you wonder what the market was really like for him last off-season.  

I just don't see upside to keeping Vuc and Fournier.  Getting the 7th or 8 seed is fools gold.  I'd rather get a higher draft pick to add to Isaac, Fultz, etc.  I'd rather have cap flexibility.  I'd rather make decisions on Bamba (increased minutes) and Gordon (increased usage as a facilitator). 

So yeah.  I'm dealing Vuc to just about any landing spot and praying that deal convinces Evan to opt out.    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/1/2020 at 8:37 AM, matthi32 said:

Let‘s say Fournier won‘t pick up his player-option (I think he will opt in). Would you trade Vuc, SRP and fillers for B. Hield and R. Holmes?

7 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don't think Divac is that dumb

It may not be that Divac is dumb, but there have been rumors that Hield wants out; this might be an offer that he would consider. The problem is, I'm not sure the numbers work.

New Shams article on The Athletic says the NBA will be proposing the 22-team format, including the play-in games for the 8th seed in each conference.

Details: if the 9th seed is more than 4 games back of 8th seed, the 8th seed earns the final playoff spot.  If the 9th seed is 4 or fewer games behind, the two teams will play for the final spot; in that case, the 9th seed would have to beat the 8th seed twice to get in, while the 8th seed only has to beat the 9th seed once to get in.

I believe Washington would be the only current East non-playoff team to get invited; they are 5.5 games back of us right now.  We are only 0.5 games back of BKN, so we could easily move up without even needing to care about the play-in thing.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It is really depressing when you look at possible landing spots for Vuc.  Really few that make sense.  Sort of makes you wonder what the market was really like for him last off-season.  

I just don't see upside to keeping Vuc and Fournier.  Getting the 7th or 8 seed is fools gold.  I'd rather get a higher draft pick to add to Isaac, Fultz, etc.  I'd rather have cap flexibility.  I'd rather make decisions on Bamba (increased minutes) and Gordon (increased usage as a facilitator). 

So yeah.  I'm dealing Vuc to just about any landing spot and praying that deal convinces Evan to opt out.    

Completely agree!

I would definitely go down that road and speaking about possible "I'd rather" scenarios, my favourite one would be to get the Pelicans to sign-and-trade Ingram for Vuc (adding a filler or 2nd rd pick if needed). They didn't extend him last summer so for me it wouldn't be a surprise if he is not favoring them at all.

On the Pelicans side, Zion will monopolise the offense for years to come (nothing to blame NOP on that) and Vuc would be an upgrade compared to Favors, for basically the same salary. Hayes looks like a good prospect but is not ready yet to be the starting 5.

As for us, IMO, Ingram is one of the players (if not THE PLAYER) in the league that better fits in between Fultz and Isaac (and hopefully Bamba), both in terms of playing style and also age. I think it is not needed to elaborate too much on how his 3-level offense would complement our young core strengths.

This would leave us with Gordon "a bit" out of context and, as I don't think it would be neither fair to him nor smart for the team to bench him, I will trade him for future picks + a good SG &/or C . For example: Beasley from MIN; Turner from IND; Allen from BKN; Bridges from PHO; Bogdanovic from SAC.

This is just my preferred way forward. There are plenty other ways, like those already shared here, so this is to say that if the coming offseason will be the same as the previous ones, all my hope on this FO will be gone for good.

If you are NO, do you want a ball dominant expensive 5 when your future is built around a young ball dominant 4?  I'd rather have cap space than Vuc if I'm NO.  As I say, I'm in favor of anything... but I think we are stuck with him for at least another year.  Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

Vuc is as expensive as Favors was, in a declining contract and that can stretch the floor for Zion cuts to the rim, for example. Of course his game is not perfect and by no means I am going to advocate for him but I can see some valid reasons on why NOP would at least have a good look at him.