Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I certainly think Isaac can be a #3 option on offense and I don't think he was over drafted.

He's one of the best defensive players in the NBA, his scoring has gone up every year and his usage is one of the lowest on the team.

If he can take and make more 3s (nothing drastic but a 2% 3FG% increase on one more attempt a game basically results in 1.5 more points a game) and go to the line a couple more times a game (something which could easily come from getting stronger) he could be at 15 PPG easily. 15/7/1.5/1.5/2.5 with some of the best defense in the NBA would be the third best player on a lot of playoff teams. If he develops his offense more and takes on a bigger load and gets to 19ish points a game we're talking about a true 2 way player and probable all star. 

His health is a separate issue but I think we're being overly cautious with him, he's probably only just stopped growing so that will have had effects on his durability and he needs to add some more muscle to his frame which will help. 

Honestly if we don't extend Isaac I'll be mortified.

I'm not a subscriber and can't read the article by Robbins, but I think what the scout was getting at when he said Isaac was overdrafted was we could have had a comparable player at 23 in OG Anunoby.  I think Isaac has a higher ceiling, but their stats are pretty comparable for the first 3 years.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=1&player_id1_hint=OG+Anunoby&player_id1_select=OG+Anunoby&player_id1=anunoog01&player_id2_hint=Jonathan+Isaac&player_id2_select=Jonathan+Isaac&player_id2=isaacjo01&idx=bbr__players

8 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Things seem to be reopening again and sports are on their way to making a comeback. No martial law or nothin. Pretty obvious ending to most of us. 

Just wait a few months for another conspiracy 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Just wait a few months for another conspiracy 

Yup, its always "next time! this was a test run!!!!".

Cant wait for NBA to possibly restart with games possibly hosted in Orlando. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yup, its always "next time! this was a test run!!!!".

Cant wait for NBA to possibly restart with games possibly hosted in Orlando. 

Open your eyes, man. I'm a healthcare professional too and if you can't see that George Soros crafted this pandemic in his top secret vampire dungeon staffed by oompa loompas then idk what to even say to you lmao.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

• After recently polling NBA scouts on Jonathan Isaac‘s outlook going forward, Josh Robbins of The Athletic has done the same for Markelle Fultz, one of Orlando’s other young building blocks. Unsurprisingly, Fultz’s shot-making ability is the primary concern among those evaluators. “Right now, I think he’s more of a backup, which is perfect for him,” one scout said. “The shooting, unless that gets a lot better, he’s a backup. He’s with a good coach who values what he does. He defends. He’s an athletic presence. He can get to the rim. But for him to be a starter and a guy you pay that kind of money to, you’ve got to make shots.”
  • Given the Magic’s limited projected cap flexibility and the fact that they likely won’t have a lottery pick, Robbins says in a mailbag for The Athletic that he thinks the most realistic way for the team to make a splash in the 2020 offseason is to do so on the trade market.
  • Within the same mailbag, Robbins also confirms that 2019 first-rounder Chuma Okeke won’t be joining the Magic if the season resumes, since he’ll have to wait until the 2020/21 league year begins to sign his rookie contract. Okeke, who was recovering from an ACL tear when he was drafted last June, essentially took a redshirt year in the G League.

• Upvote 1

If we don’t make a big splash this offseason with regards to trades you have to question how competent the leaders of this organization are. It will now be 4 years with the same damn core. 

I'm curious how much personal training our guys have done during this pandemic. I'm hoping JI and Mo have continued to put on muscle. I'm hoping Fultz has continued to work on that shot. I'm hoping Vooch has taken up MMA.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2020 at 8:02 AM, Soul Bro said:

I'm curious how much personal training our guys have done during this pandemic. I'm hoping JI and Mo have continued to put on muscle. I'm hoping Fultz has continued to work on that shot. I'm hoping Vooch has taken up MMA.

I sure hope so. It’s crazy. The first round of the playoffs usually ends beginning of May, the preseason starts beginning of October. So that’s 5 months. If we do actually get a return of the sport, it probably won’t happen until early to mid July, meaning teams have had a 4 month hiatus, pretty much an offseason, that occurred 80% of the way in to the regular season. There’s no way an NBA champ wouldn’t have a huge asterisk next to it if play does resume. 

side note: JI has to be healthy enough to return if we do get to play again, right?

On 5/16/2020 at 7:58 AM, Gordon MVP said:

If we don’t make a big splash this offseason with regards to trades you have to question how competent the leaders of this organization are. It will now be 4 years with the same damn core. 

Yeah, I just don’t know anymore with all the uncertainty of the CBA going forward and everything who’s going to be willing to make any moves this offseason. Now it’s a near certainty that Evan opts in to his last year at $17 million. The free agent market was gonna suck this offseason anyway. I just fear if the CBA gets hit as hard as it could that the Vucevic and Aminu contracts from last year are even worse, and even more untradeable.