Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

51 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The NBA has asked players to take a 50 percent pay cut while games are on hold, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Link:  https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/coronavirus-nba-wants-players-to-take-50-percent-pay-cut-union-counters-with-25-percent-per-report/

Fifty percent? They might have to give up their 4th vacation home.

On 4/4/2020 at 12:21 PM, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The NBA has asked players to take a 50 percent pay cut while games are on hold, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Link:  https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/coronavirus-nba-wants-players-to-take-50-percent-pay-cut-union-counters-with-25-percent-per-report/

Personally, I think it should be split - if you are on a rookie contract or are a veteran making less than a mid-level contract - 25%, if you are a veteran on a mid-level contract or above - 50%. Easy to figure out and reduces the impact on the guys that don't have that 4th vacation home. 

23 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Personally, I think it should be split - if you are on a rookie contract or are a veteran making less than a mid-level contract - 25%, if you are a veteran on a mid-level contract or above - 50%. Easy to figure out and reduces the impact on the guys that don't have that 4th vacation home. 

Yeah, something like that would be good. Or just take 100% from the owners; I'm sure they'll be fine. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/coronavirus-nba-players-association-investigating-options-for-rapid-blood-tests-to-diagnose-covid-19/

I think it's probably a longshot that we will see more games this season, but I guess it's good they are exploring this.

1 hour ago, jjgator said:

Not a fan but that’s pretty funny. I played a ton of Tecmo, Double Dribble and Blades of Steel. Honorable mention for Little League Baseball on NES as well. Fat boy from Texas hits for power. 

On 4/4/2020 at 4:44 AM, ~O~ said:

Staying inside for so long has been brutal since we are naturally social creatures who connect verbally or through gestures.   

The covid is like a whip of attrition.  This is most vulnerable I've ever seen the united states in my lifetime.  Everyone, specifically medical personal, looks defeated.  They themselves if course getting infected. This is the most I've sought out for news in a decade in a half.  

Today I went out and nearly damn near everyone has a mask now. I havent been out for 2 weeks.  Reality has set in for many as everyone is sharing the experience of being associated with someone who succumbed.  

A media detox is in order but boy, do I miss talking to people face to face normally.  

Stay safe friends.  

I am an extremely introverted person (INFP) so I have been training for this my entire life.  I am doing OK, but I miss my family and worry about them so I will be glad when this ends.

• Like 1

We have a road game against the Brooklynettes tonight at 8PM.  If recent trends continue, the first half will not be so great, the second half will be excellent, and we will win by two.  That is my prediction.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cj-mc-collum-estimates-a-third-of-nba-players-live-paycheck-to-paycheck-184128783.html

This doesn't surprise me at all. They should probably take a look at their financial decisions though if they are living paycheck to paycheck. The minimum is like 898 thousand (and that's just for rooks. I think it goes up to 1.4 mil in year 2). I get that It's peanuts compared to the owners, but some Americans make less than 898 thousand in their lifetimes.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, HighAngleDad said:

I am an extremely introverted person (INFP) so I have been training for this my entire life.  I am doing OK, but I miss my family and worry about them so I will be glad when this ends.

I hear you, HighAngleDad. I guess you can call me a "tweener". I've been training for it since my mom and sister passed away. Not married, no children. Google is my best friend at the moment. I have brothers but, "eh". . .?

We could start a club. . .hahaha!

Big game tonight against Minnesota, I predict we will have one of our best offensive games of the season.  I am warming up the popcorn machine.

On a sadder note though, one of the regional airlines that is based in Minneapolis, Compass Airlines, has gone out of business.  My son and his wife both worked for them for several years so they are sad to see a lot of friends lose their jobs at a very bad time to go unemployed in the airline industry.  My son left there about 18 months ago for his current position in Greensboro.