Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Can we still trade Fournier before he take his player-option? If he takes the player-option can he still be traded in the offseason?

Do you think the Spurs would trade us Aldrige & White for Vuc and a pick (2rd)?

My dream would be: Trade Fournier and a 1rd Pick (lottery protect) for LaVine and trade Vuc and a 2rd pick for Aldrige and White.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

FACT-CHECKING

Some of Donald Trump's Most Misleading Coronavirus Claims

Editors:  Oliver Milmann - The Guardian    
               Marshall Cohen and Curt Merrill - CNN
               David Leonhardt - The New York Times

A List of Claims/Rejections/Denials  - **In no particular order

1) The president has repeatedly downplayed the threat posed by Covid-19, criticizing concern over the crisis as a “hoax.”

2)  December 31 - Health officials in Wuhan, China, post a notice that says they’re investigating a pneumonia outbreak that is spreading in their city. The World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledges that it “was informed of a cluster of cases of pneumonia of unknown cause.”

3)  January 8 -  The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) publishes a health advisory regarding the “pneumonia of unknown etiology” that appears to have originated in Wuhan.

4)  January 17 -  The CDC dispatches more than 100 staffers to three US airports to screen passengers arriving from Wuhan, a highly unusual step only taken during major health crises.

5)  January 22 -  President Trump made his first public comments about the coronavirus on Jan. 22, in a television interview from Davos with CNBC’s Joe Kernen. The first American case had been announced the day before, and Kernen asked Trump, “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?”

The president responded: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

6) January 24 -  Dr. Nancy Messonnier, a senior CDC official handling the response to respiratory diseases, tells reporters, “We do expect additional cases in the United States and globally.” 

7)  “I would view it as something that just surprised the whole world,” the president said in a press conference earlier this month. “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion.”

8)  There is evidence, however, that not only was the Trump administration warned about the potential of a pandemic and its dangers to Americans, it was given a plan on how to deal with it, which it promptly shelved.

During the Obama administration, the National Security Council drew up a 69-page “playbook on fighting pandemics”, Politico has reported. The document, crafted in the wake of the 2016 Ebola outbreak, contained advice on tracking the spread of a new virus, how to ensure testing was conducted effectively and the need to stockpile emergency resources.

The incoming Trump administration was briefed on the playbook but it was “thrown on to a shelf.”

9)  In February, the president said the virus could “maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows.” He predicted it is “going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle – it will disappear.”

10)  By the end of February, Trump and administration officials started shifting their tone. They spoke about the expected uptick in cases and Trump backed away from his comment that concerns about the virus were a “hoax” peddled by Democrats to help them at the polls this November.

11)  ‘I’ve always known this is a real – this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. I’ve always viewed it as very serious’
As is the case with many of Trump’s statements, his claim he has always taken the pandemic seriously deviates wildly from his previous comments. Perhaps most infamously, Trump said “I don’t take responsibility at all” when asked about the faltering US response.

Sorry, but CNN, NY Times and The Guardian isn’t gonna do it for me. They lied about the Meuller case for 2 years.

• Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

If you only knew how badly trump failed this country at the onset of this outbreak ...that’s ok you guys aren’t the ones actively fighting against this without proper PPE in areas where the virus is heavily concentrated 

Everything thus far has been a step late and it’s costing not only lives On the front line but also prolonging  the length of these measures. 

this guy was talking about it being a democratic hoax when he should have been preparing companies to be spitting out tests and protective equipment a month  ahead of time. 

https://www.cato.org/blog/coronavirus-nih/cdc-funding

Let me tell you something, CDC saw this coming. They tried to get into China back in December. Chinese government denied them and kept insisting its animal to animal. The Chinese government even hid the history of this virus from CDC. Chinese being the communists they are even controlled the media from being leaked. They wouldn’t even announce it even though CDC knew about it. China flat out denied it.

Do you know how this virus got it’s foothold?

4 hours ago, matthi32 said:

Can we still trade Fournier before he take his player-option? If he takes the player-option can he still be traded in the offseason?

Do you think the Spurs would trade us Aldrige & White for Vuc and a pick (2rd)?

My dream would be: Trade Fournier and a 1rd Pick (lottery protect) for LaVine and trade Vuc and a 2rd pick for Aldrige and White.

Plus one ^

I’m on board, any trade that sees us trading buddy ball. 

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

Sorry, but CNN, NY Times and The Guardian isn’t gonna do it for me. They lied about the Meuller case for 2 years.

Magicpassion, my dear friend. How are you?

First of all, 'I don't have a dog in this fight.' You all know that I'm retired. I spend a lot of time on my computer and have my tv going at the same time. The tv stations show Donald Trump's briefings, and I have watched Donald say some of the quotes I listed in the "Fact-Checking" that I posted--like, "It's a hoax"; when the first American case was announced, he was asked if he was worried, then Trump said, "No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control." 

I also heard him predict it is “going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle – it will disappear.”

There are a number of times that Trump does not follow his own experts' advice. I have heard him say things like, "I will personally fix it."

Those are just a few of the comments 'I' heard and saw him make on national tv. So, Magicpassion, I guess you don't trust me either, huh?  :)

Here is another website located right here in the state of Florida--Donald Trump's home state, a state that helped him get elected:

Website. www.poynter.org. The Poynter Institute for Media Studies is a non-profit journalism school and research organization located in St. Petersburg, Florida. The school is the owner of the Tampa Bay Times newspaper and the International Fact-Checking Network.

The Poynter website lists the same claims that The New York Times, the Guardian, and CNN published.

'We have it totally under control.'  A Timeline Of President Donald Trump's response To The Coronavirus Pendemic    

Link:   https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2020/we-have-it-totally-under-control-a-timeline-of-president-donald-trumps-response-to-the-coronavirus-pandemic/

By the way:  Let's talk about Trump's expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, NIAID Director. In WH briefings on national tv, Dr. Fauci would go to the podium and explain his findings and recommendations about the Coronavirus situation, then Trump would follow Fauci and put his own spin on the situation and makes decisions that went against how Dr. Fauci viewed the situation. In one briefing, I saw Dr. Fauci standing behind Trump (while Trump was at the podium speaking) and Fauci was looking down, rubbing his forehead.

**Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., NIAID Director | NIH: National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases**

Dr. Fauci has advised six Presidents on HIV/AIDS and many other domestic and global health issues. He was one of the principal architects of the President's 

As I said, "I don't have a dog in this fight."

It’s not I don’t trust you it’s I don’t trust your info sources. Trump puts his foot in his mouth all the time; that I will agree with, but results matter as to what he had done fo this country up til this point until the Chinese govt started this. It will pass and more information will come to light that I think may change your stance on most of this. I have made a lot of predictions and I feel most of them will come true as I mentioned the Fed would reorganize as they did a few days ago. As my predictions come true I will remind the haters on this board of this and then I will be off this board for good. 

quick question? If not Trump who? Joe Biden please...... this guy can barely speak, lol or Hillary.... really....... Bernie is going to get screwed again, but he’s probably in on it to get votes for Biden. Bernie was the only one with a consistent message; I’ll give him that. 

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I'm not a Trump fan, but this seems like one of those 'hindsight is 20/20' things. Sure, he could have done that. And so could every other country. Basically no one did that. 

No other countries did it? Well that's not true at all. When you look at countries that have proper PPE and robust testing like South Korea, you see the minimal deaths it's causing there.

This is not a hindsight 20/20 thing. This is absolute failure. There have been multiple reports of people warning him about this from before the first case even came to the country.

US intelligence warned Trump in January and February as he dismissed coronavirus threat

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/politics/us-intelligence-reports-trump-coronavirus/index.html

He didn't even give himself a chance because he actually fired the guy who's supposed to blow the whistle for us when pandemics are starting to form in China

U.S. axed CDC expert job in China months before virus outbreak; the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China, Reuters has learned.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-cdc-exclusiv/exclusive-u-s-axed-cdc-expert-job-in-china-months-before-virus-outbreak-idUSKBN21910S

He didn't act on it because he isn't nuanced enough in daily world affairs to actually understand that these things take proper planning. It's why you don't have a fake billionaire who's bankrupted so many companies because of poor planning and asset management actually run an entire country such as the USA -- because running a country is not even close to running a business. 

• Upvote 1

Video emerges showing Trump talking about cutting pandemic team in 2018, despite saying last week 'I didn't know about it'

Mr Trump said of the pandemic team that “some of the people we’ve cut they haven’t been used for many, many years and if we ever need them we can get them very quickly and rather then spending the money”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-video-trump-pandemic-team-cut-2018-a9405191.html?Repost&utm_source=reddit.com

This guy apparently can't even remember firing probably the most important team that could have helped curb this disaster. Jesus Christ. 

21 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

This guy apparently can't even remember firing probably the most important team that could have helped curb this disaster. Jesus Christ. 

Gordon, I had not  planned to join this ongoing discussion, but I have to say that I agree with everything you have said. If people don't agree with what certain news outlets print, then let Google be your friend. There is always videos published online that you can get a link to for audio-video of actual comments or conversations that you can see and hear.

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

No other countries did it? Well that's not true at all. When you look at countries that have proper PPE and robust testing like South Korea, you see the minimal deaths it's causing there.

This is not a hindsight 20/20 thing. This is absolute failure. There have been multiple reports of people warning him about this from before the first case even came to the country.

He didn't even give himself a chance because he actually fired the guy who's supposed to blow the whistle for us when pandemics are starting to form in China

He didn't act on it because he isn't nuanced enough in daily world affairs to actually understand that these things take proper planning. It's why you don't have a fake billionaire who's bankrupted so many companies because of poor planning and asset management actually run an entire country such as the USA -- because running a country is not even close to running a business. 

CNN, there’s a legitimate source. 

Isn’t it up to the hospital to order the right amount of PPE?

• Downvote 1

Folks, CNN is not news; it’s propaganda. Did you not see them for 2 years saying that Meuller had the goods on Trump and he was going down and then nothing...... that is just one sampling, but significant. They are one of the lowest rated news sources as well as Morning Joe. To get the real news you have to dig deep and look at alternative sources as well and then contemplate everything.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Folks, CNN is not news; it’s propaganda. Did you not see them for 2 years saying that Meuller had the goods on Trump and he was going down and then nothing...... that is just one sampling, but significant. They are one of the lowest rated news sources as well as Morning Joe. To get the real news you have to dig deep and look at alternative sources as well and then contemplate everything.

Should research Poynter. Not exactly unbiased.

• Downvote 1