Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

20 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Spot on and a thumbs up and yes; Trump all the way! I give this analogy to my diehard liberal friends and wife from Canada:

let’s pretend for a moment that you have a corporate job and your employment is solid, your 401k is fat, your getting raises and have security, but your CEO is a jerk: would you want to fire him? Probably not.

now there will be those who are negative as usual and say that’s not the case right now, but if China didn’t act so irresponsible with the virus we may not be in this position, but things will get back to normal and by bringing manufacturing back we are ensuring stability in the future; basically reversing everything Obama did. One of my predictions is Obama will be charged with Tyranny in time. 

People have to realize that in order to essentially run the free world you need an alpha dog to deal with these dictators and liars like China. You need a tough SOB that most people including myself wouldn’t want to share a beer with. Results matter in this world!!!  I don’t like Trump, but I respect him and what he’s sacrificed for all of us and it is plain as day how the media is corrupt and have an agenda. Trump didn’t need this crap as he was a billionaire and now his life is in jeopardy as well as his family members. Dammit he even donates his 400k salary to charities. 

Nicely said! Not sure about Obama and the tyranny thing, but everything else I agree with wholeheartedly. I love the part about Trump being the Alpha dog. It sure beats Clinton and her hope for a New World Order.

P.S. Take it easy, dude. This is the last post from me on this forum. Go Magic!

Just a regular Magic fan signing off...

...[beep]

• Downvote 1

I don’t understand the open border policy and giving money to people that break the law to get in here; it makes no sense to reward people for breaking the law and do people realize that by offering this to the illegals it comes from our pot of money which ensures our standard of living goes down; the money has to come from somewhere. A lot of the younger generation doesn’t understand fiscal responsibility. If your parents have always provided for you and whenever you need something just ask, well that’s not the real world and that is precisely what their selling, it’s scary because much of the youth has come to expect it and they don’t realize it comes with a price different then what their parents offered with their love and a foot up in this world.

• Downvote 1

Thanks,

Interesting Bill Gates! I don’t  trust him and I especially don’t trust the media and you know the old saying; birds of a feather flock together, something just doesn’t smell right. You know Bill had to step down from his board along with a record number of CEO resignations. This tells me they all conspired together to accomplish something that will hopefully be revealed to the public shortly. The Great Awakening is almost upon us....

• Downvote 1

If you only knew how badly trump failed this country at the onset of this outbreak ...that’s ok you guys aren’t the ones actively fighting against this without proper PPE in areas where the virus is heavily concentrated 

Everything thus far has been a step late and it’s costing not only lives On the front line but also prolonging  the length of these measures. 

this guy was talking about it being a democratic hoax when he should have been preparing companies to be spitting out tests and protective equipment a month  ahead of time. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/23/2020 at 5:37 PM, Just a regular Magic fan said:

Yeah? How so? What are they going to learn that is detrimental to society? 

They’re gonna be nice disposable people. Apparently this forum is full of morons. Good riddance.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

If you only knew how badly trump failed this country at the onset of this outbreak ...that’s ok you guys aren’t the ones actively fighting against this without proper PPE in areas where the virus is heavily concentrated 

Everything thus far has been a step late and it’s costing not only lives On the front line but also prolonging  the length of these measures. 

this guy was talking about it being a democratic hoax when he should have been preparing companies to be spitting out tests and protective equipment a month  ahead of time. 

I'm not a Trump fan, but this seems like one of those 'hindsight is 20/20' things. Sure, he could have done that. And so could every other country. Basically no one did that. Nationally we're handling this worse than a few of countries, better than a few. It certainly hasn't been a win for Trump, and as usual his tendency to speak in nothing but hyperbole hasn't helped, but he did do some things that were good, like cutting off travel from China nice and early (which a lot of left-leaning people criticized him for, claiming it was somehow racist). Virtually everyone in the world has been a step late on this, partly because China lied and imprisoned people who were trying to warn the rest of the world about it, and partly because this is a unique situation, and partly because people make mistakes even when they have the best of intentions. I'm not saying Trump has done a great job with this. I'm saying, again, blaming Trump for this virus and what it's done to the world, even this country, is too much.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

From what I could see unless you have a different link: Bloomberg and climate change Oct, 2015

So this is what I mean, I was given a - for this comment that I made asking about some information; so this idiot obviously is being childish by giving me thumbs down. It’s not even an opinion, just asking a question you ... Chatted with another solid person on this forum that’s leaving this board as well because of these jerks. Your driving good people away that have good positive insight. Grow up....

• Downvote 1

FACT-CHECKING

Some of Donald Trump's Most Misleading Coronavirus Claims

Editors:  Oliver Milmann - The Guardian    
               Marshall Cohen and Curt Merrill - CNN
               David Leonhardt - The New York Times

A List of Claims/Rejections/Denials  - **In no particular order

1) The president has repeatedly downplayed the threat posed by Covid-19, criticizing concern over the crisis as a “hoax.”

2)  December 31 - Health officials in Wuhan, China, post a notice that says they’re investigating a pneumonia outbreak that is spreading in their city. The World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledges that it “was informed of a cluster of cases of pneumonia of unknown cause.”

3)  January 8 -  The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) publishes a health advisory regarding the “pneumonia of unknown etiology” that appears to have originated in Wuhan.

4)  January 17 -  The CDC dispatches more than 100 staffers to three US airports to screen passengers arriving from Wuhan, a highly unusual step only taken during major health crises.

5)  January 22 -  President Trump made his first public comments about the coronavirus on Jan. 22, in a television interview from Davos with CNBC’s Joe Kernen. The first American case had been announced the day before, and Kernen asked Trump, “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?”

The president responded: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

6) January 24 -  Dr. Nancy Messonnier, a senior CDC official handling the response to respiratory diseases, tells reporters, “We do expect additional cases in the United States and globally.” 

7)  “I would view it as something that just surprised the whole world,” the president said in a press conference earlier this month. “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion.”

8)  There is evidence, however, that not only was the Trump administration warned about the potential of a pandemic and its dangers to Americans, it was given a plan on how to deal with it, which it promptly shelved.

During the Obama administration, the National Security Council drew up a 69-page “playbook on fighting pandemics”, Politico has reported. The document, crafted in the wake of the 2016 Ebola outbreak, contained advice on tracking the spread of a new virus, how to ensure testing was conducted effectively and the need to stockpile emergency resources.

The incoming Trump administration was briefed on the playbook but it was “thrown on to a shelf.”

9)  In February, the president said the virus could “maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows.” He predicted it is “going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle – it will disappear.”

10)  By the end of February, Trump and administration officials started shifting their tone. They spoke about the expected uptick in cases and Trump backed away from his comment that concerns about the virus were a “hoax” peddled by Democrats to help them at the polls this November.

11)  ‘I’ve always known this is a real – this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. I’ve always viewed it as very serious’
As is the case with many of Trump’s statements, his claim he has always taken the pandemic seriously deviates wildly from his previous comments. Perhaps most infamously, Trump said “I don’t take responsibility at all” when asked about the faltering US response.

• Upvote 1

For those who think trump is on your side, either you are very well off monitarily or very far off. And no I’m not on the dems side either. They have bailed out large corporations again while leaving the people in the lurch AGAIN!!! And I’m talking about both sides.

like Carlin said “it’s a big club and you ain’t in it”

40 trillion has been pumped into Wall Street in the last month and now they just gave the richest 1% another 1.5 trillion in this bill that can turn into 20 trillion. While the people and hospitals got 350 billion.

wrap your head around that and it got 100% congress approval. Now tell me who again is on the side of the people. 

Wake the F UP!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

FACT-CHECKING

Some of Donald Trump's Most Misleading Coronavirus Claims

Editors:  Oliver Milmann - The Guardian    
               Marshall Cohen and Curt Merrill - CNN
               David Leonhardt - The New York Times

A List of Claims/Rejections/Denials  - **In no particular order

1) The president has repeatedly downplayed the threat posed by Covid-19, criticizing concern over the crisis as a “hoax.”

2)  December 31 - Health officials in Wuhan, China, post a notice that says they’re investigating a pneumonia outbreak that is spreading in their city. The World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledges that it “was informed of a cluster of cases of pneumonia of unknown cause.”

3)  January 8 -  The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) publishes a health advisory regarding the “pneumonia of unknown etiology” that appears to have originated in Wuhan.

4)  January 17 -  The CDC dispatches more than 100 staffers to three US airports to screen passengers arriving from Wuhan, a highly unusual step only taken during major health crises.

5)  January 22 -  President Trump made his first public comments about the coronavirus on Jan. 22, in a television interview from Davos with CNBC’s Joe Kernen. The first American case had been announced the day before, and Kernen asked Trump, “Are there worries about a pandemic at this point?”

The president responded: “No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

6) January 24 -  Dr. Nancy Messonnier, a senior CDC official handling the response to respiratory diseases, tells reporters, “We do expect additional cases in the United States and globally.” 

7)  “I would view it as something that just surprised the whole world,” the president said in a press conference earlier this month. “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion.”

8)  There is evidence, however, that not only was the Trump administration warned about the potential of a pandemic and its dangers to Americans, it was given a plan on how to deal with it, which it promptly shelved.

During the Obama administration, the National Security Council drew up a 69-page “playbook on fighting pandemics”, Politico has reported. The document, crafted in the wake of the 2016 Ebola outbreak, contained advice on tracking the spread of a new virus, how to ensure testing was conducted effectively and the need to stockpile emergency resources.

The incoming Trump administration was briefed on the playbook but it was “thrown on to a shelf.”

9)  In February, the president said the virus could “maybe go away. We’ll see what happens. Nobody really knows.” He predicted it is “going to disappear. One day it’s like a miracle – it will disappear.”

10)  By the end of February, Trump and administration officials started shifting their tone. They spoke about the expected uptick in cases and Trump backed away from his comment that concerns about the virus were a “hoax” peddled by Democrats to help them at the polls this November.

11)  ‘I’ve always known this is a real – this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. I’ve always viewed it as very serious’
As is the case with many of Trump’s statements, his claim he has always taken the pandemic seriously deviates wildly from his previous comments. Perhaps most infamously, Trump said “I don’t take responsibility at all” when asked about the faltering US response.

"This is not a time for people to freak out and be overly concerned," Cetron said. "This is a time for vigilance and awareness." 

He added that much more common illnesses, such as the flu, are "much bigger threats" to Americans than the new virus from China.

Do you think it’s possible that if the director of the CDC's division of global migration and quarantine says this to the public, he said the same thing to Trump telling him they got this which is why Trump would say three days later they got it under control?

Then read that Jan 24 transcript where the CDC head executive echoes Trump’s comment about it being a traveler from China and praise the efforts of the federal, state, and local governments.

Same CDC that back in October (2 months before the virus popped up) had a summit about how to deal with Coronavirus’s with good ol Bill Gates and some media executives. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

For those who think trump is on your side, either you are very well off monitarily or very far off. And no I’m not on the dems side either. They have bailed out large corporations again while leaving the people in the lurch AGAIN!!! And I’m talking about both sides.

like Carlin said “it’s a big club and you ain’t in it”

40 trillion has been pumped into Wall Street in the last month and now they just gave the richest 1% another 1.5 trillion in this bill that can turn into 20 trillion. While the people and hospitals got 350 billion.

wrap your head around that and it got 100% congress approval. Now tell me who again is on the side of the people. 

Wake the F UP!!!!!!!!

The corporations are the ones who employ the masses. Like it or not. 

I’ll never be <insert any politician name> fanboy. I vote for whoever upholds the constitution and doesn’t take my rights. Then I look at other factors like economy but a fanboy? Absolutely not. I don’t want to be in their club.

There’s a lot here though. A lot going on outside of just health care. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1