Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

12 hours ago, jec said:

Must be nice having taxes going to something that helps everybody instead of “defense” contractors’ new yachts.

That's another story, better no enter in that, we already have other problems now... money wasted is usually the common thing about every country, one way or another.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

That's another story, better no enter in that, we already have other problems now... money wasted is usually the common thing about every country, one way or another.

Yep. While not perfect, there are a lot of good things about our military, especially for our young people who need a good start in life.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, JJZFL said:

There is no country in which this virus has infected a significant percentage of the population.  Even in Italy with 30k known cases,  or whatever the current number is, the population is 60 million.  I don’t see any reason to believe the projections that half our population will become infected (although it would help greatly to have herd immunity in the younger population).

Italy is around 60k cases right now, and while I agree that the virus hasn't infected a significant percentage of the population, how we know what was going to happen if no measures were taken?  Here in Italy Lombardia is the region where all started, the centre of the epidemy. 27k of the total cases (around 47%) are in that small portion of the country. The entire region has a 10m population, so that means that 1 person out of 370 has been infected. But that population, is completely blocked at home without the possibility to go out, only basic services are maintained, in the last two weeks. So, how we know what would have happened without that decision? We're at 1 out of 370 with people no having contact, we could be easily 1 out of 100 now with the contact persisted. How we know how much could have spread? And since it's all over the place, it's more difficult to control.

I perfectly agree and understand that stopping the economy has other kind of terrible consequences. But without the limitation, we really don't know what could have happened.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Italy is around 60k cases right now, and while I agree that the virus hasn't infected a significant percentage of the population, how we know what was going to happen if no measures were taken?  Here in Italy Lombardia is the region where all started, the centre of the epidemy. 27k of the total cases (around 47%) are in that small portion of the country. The entire region has a 10m population, so that means that 1 person out of 370 has been infected. But that population, is completely blocked at home without the possibility to go out, only basic services are maintained, in the last two weeks. So, how we know what would have happened without that decision? We're at 1 out of 370 with people no having contact, we could be easily 1 out of 100 now with the contact persisted. How we know how much could have spread? And since it's all over the place, it's more difficult to control.

I perfectly agree and understand that stopping the economy has other kind of terrible consequences. But without the limitation, we really don't know what could have happened.

Right, Italy has been on complete lockdown so to say a significant portion of their population hasn’t been affected as of today —well —  this is actually a testament that lockdowns actually work in some capacity.

Second, I’d love to hear other ideas on what to do considering what I’ve already posted previously. 

Guys guys guys it was already solved for you by the QAnon video guy a few pages ago.  Open your eyes!

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

No one is advocating doing nothing.   It’s not a binary choice between doing nothing vs shutting down the entire economy.  See David Katz’s article in the NYTimes from the past few day’s for a different approach.  

In S Korea, they kept the virus from infecting a large proportion of the population without shutting everything down.  Even in Italy, where the argument is that things were done too late, we’re still only talking about 0.1% of the total population being infected.  

• Upvote 1

For the record, I’ve been hearing an awful lot of talk about almost half of these Corona test are giving false positives. There’s a lot of conspiracy attached to these claims, so we’ll see how it all plays out.

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

For the record, I’ve been hearing an awful lot of talk about almost half of these Corona test are giving false positives. There’s a lot of conspiracy attached to these claims, so we’ll see how it all plays out.

Wait so are you not trolling? The trolling would be kinda funny but it's REALLY funny if you actually believe all the QAnon/Soros/pizzagate/Deep State Westworld style **** you're spouting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

No one is advocating doing nothing.   It’s not a binary choice between doing nothing vs shutting down the entire economy.  See David Katz’s article in the NYTimes from the past few day’s for a different approach.  

In S Korea, they kept the virus from infecting a large proportion of the population without shutting everything down.  Even in Italy, where the argument is that things were done too late, we’re still only talking about 0.1% of the total population being infected.  

The main difference is S. Korea has tested right away and running through thousands of tests daily; Nearly 20,000 people are being tested every day. We aren't. We still aren't. We're way behind. This is the missing piece right now. 

I ask again, considering all the information you now have with regards to mortality and the critically ill, including those under the age of 50 and also taking into consideration the lack of tests we have, what would you do?

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Wait so are you not trolling? The trolling would be kinda funny but it's REALLY funny if you actually believe all the QAnon/Soros/pizzagate/Deep State Westworld style **** you're spouting.

Yup, 195 countries, including all their  scientists and doctors, including enemy countries of the United States, are all uniting just to falsely test for Coronavirus. Donald Trump, the enemy of the deep state, is also now in on this! This may be the biggest conspiracy in the history of the Universe.

Just ignore him dude. This is for real, scientific discussion here. We can't be wasting time on conspiracy theory fantasies. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Right, Italy has been on complete lockdown so to say a significant portion of their population hasn’t been affected as of today —well —  this is actually a testament that lockdowns actually work in some capacity.

Second, I’d love to hear other ideas on what to do considering what I’ve already posted previously. 

Unfortunately, the discussion is a no win - even if the isolation has managed to flatten the curve, now many will say it probably wasn't that virulent to begin with and we wasted all that time/money for nothing. Apparently they've never heard the saying "better safe than sorry". I can't say I'm honestly surprised, as our society has become so focused on the almighty dollar, with it's most fervent acolyte in the White House.

But let's just extrapolate based on numbers we do have. The Lombardy region of Italy has suffered 3,456 deaths out of approximately 27,000 cases. That is an extremely high 12.8% mortality rate. The next region over has experienced 10.7% mortality rate, with 816 deaths in approximately 7,600 cases. We got a better jump on isolation and social distancing than either of those regions, but these two regions of Italy are horrific examples of what can happen if the spread becomes so fast that we don't have sufficient staff/equipment/supplies to deal with the influx of seriously ill people; the mortality rate escalates without sufficient resources to care for them.

The fact that Italy's totals are approximately 5,500 deaths in 59,000 cases bears witness to the fact that the lockdown has worked for the remainder of the country. So far, Italy has provided us with pretty clear examples of what does work, and what doesn't. It is now our choice of which example to follow. 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1099389/coronavirus-deaths-by-region-in-italy/

• Like 1