Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

13 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

Well yeah I mean I agree with you that the media hysteria is causing food shortages. But media hysteria isn’t responsible for curfews, lockdowns, and economical depressions. The president and his pandemic team are the ones enacting this. So are the senators and governors. As we know, trump doesn’t give a **** about the media and what they say. So to watch him actually freak out is showing you that this is a very serious problem. 

And all these consequences are exactly what happens in a bad pandemic — the economy of the entire world is suffering.

Curfews and lockdowns are there to flatten the curve so the healthcare system doesn’t get overwhelmed like we see in Italy. As we saw in Florida during spring break, some people just cannot be trusted to abide by common sense rules.  This virus in particular has been sending people on ventilators and to the ICU’s rather quickly and we don’t have enough to hospital space in this country ti deal with a ton of people getting really sick all at once. New York is already starting to get overwhelmed. Then we run out of PPE. Once that happens, the mortality rate starts climbing, healthcare  workers start dying, then revolting and stop working  and the mortality rate continues to climb even higher. 

this is a national disaster with far reaching consequences. There is no way to sugar coat it. 

We’re not Italy

Ive been through numerous things. I won’t disclose what I do. I’ve seen a lot. I’ve gathered research before coming to an opinion. There’s not enough here to warrant some of this. And the this I’m referring to is from the citizens who have let media influence this like we’re in the middle of an apocalyptic plague.

Its an zoonotic virus. We’ve seen them. They’re all different but the panic, the hoarding of supplies, the curfews, lockdowns, is ridiculous.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

In case anyone missed it, League pass is free for 30 days.

Any suggestions for games to watch from the last two seasons? :)

The below came to mind so far:

January's win vs the Lakers

Isaac's almost 5x5 vs Dallas

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

We’re not Italy

Ive been through numerous things. I won’t disclose what I do. I’ve seen a lot. I’ve gathered research before coming to an opinion. There’s not enough here to warrant some of this. And the this I’m referring to is from the citizens who have let media influence this like we’re in the middle of an apocalyptic plague.

Its an zoonotic virus. We’ve seen them. They’re all different but the panic, the hoarding of supplies, the curfews, lockdowns, is ridiculous.  

Fortunately  that’s not your decision to make: since your clueless about epidemiology. so we probably shouldn’t listen to you. Our medical leaders are the ones trying to contain this. Thats because they understand the serious nature. Again, not keyboard Facebook warriors who watch Alex Jones 

im sorry but people who speak outside their expertise need to be called out on it.

id love for you to also knock on Jeff weltman door and tell him how we should be rehabbing Isaac too. I’m sure he’d love to hear your opinion on it 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Fortunately  that’s not your decision to make: since your clueless about epidemiology. so we probably shouldn’t listen to you. Our medical leaders are the ones trying to contain this. Thats because they understand the serious nature. Again, not keyboard Facebook warriors who watch Alex Jones 

im sorry but people who speak outside their expertise need to be called out on it.

id love for you to also knock on Jeff weltman door and tell him how we should be rehabbing Isaac too. I’m sure he’d love to hear your opinion on it 

What’s not my decision?

I don’t listen to Alex Jones.

Simple research shows we’re nothing like Italy. They have the largest population of elderly in Europe. They also are one of the largest smoking populations. Their healthcare is nothing like ours. Their culture is different in the way they greet one another. They also have lax sanitation practices compared to ours. I can list a few other things.

So far you’ve brought nothing substantial to this. Just insults and panic.  Same **** I see from the people buying up all the toilet paper. So far you are the keyboard warrior.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

What’s not my decision?

I don’t listen to Alex Jones.

Simple research shows we’re nothing like Italy. They have the largest population of elderly in Europe. They also are one of the largest smoking populations. Their healthcare is nothing like ours. Their culture is different in the way they greet one another. They also have lax sanitation practices compared to ours. I can list a few other things.

So far you’ve brought nothing substantial to this. Just insults and panic.  Same **** I see from the people buying up all the toilet paper. So far you are the keyboard warrior.

I've already discussed why we could become Italy, you just aren't listening.

The reason Italy is in the shape they are in is because their hospital system is too overwhelmed. They didn't do enough to contain it at the onset. Right now, they have enough ventilators, ICU beds, medical personel to deal with that many sick people at the same time. Again, because you don't understand this concept, your making vague oversimplifications.

“Right now, the major concern that I have, and that other public health experts have, is the risk of outstripping health care capacity,” said Frieden, who is currently a senior fellow for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations. “This would be catastrophic. It’s what we’re seeing in Italy now, and it’s what we could see in communities around the U.S. soon. -- Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

“Fauci said the goal now is to "blunt" the curve of confirmed cases, keeping the number of those infected low enough so as to not overwhelm the U.S. hospital system. "If you let the curve get up there, then the entire society is going to be hit," he said.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, U.S.’s top infectious-disease expert

“The capacity in northern Italy hospitals is a preview of a movie that is about to play in the United States,” said Marty Makary, a Johns Hopkins University surgeon and health policy expert. 

No guys! Let's listen to the guy whos never worked or managed a hospital and doesn't even have a medical degree. He says the hospital system wont get overwhelmed!

Rest assured that this is a recipe for a lot of people dying, quickly. 

In fact, when you extrapolate John Hopkins data comparing our numbers to Italy’s, their curve looks a lot like ours. So please tell me your opinion on this graph:

italy_us_gap_10.jpg

And newsflash for you, our population within the US isn't that healthy. In fact, Obesity is a risk factor for ICU admision and death with coronavirus, and I don't need to put obesity statistics to you: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6304312/

You may take it as an insult, but frankly were tired of people who keep speaking outside their expertise. They spread false news and are probably the reason this virus is going to spread. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gordon MVP said:

I've already discussed why we could become Italy, you just aren't listening.

The reason Italy is in the shape they are in is because theyre hospital system is too overhelmed. They don't have enough ventilators, ICU beds, medical personell to deal with that many sick people at the same time. Again, because you don't understand this concept, your making vague oversimplifications.

“Right now, the major concern that I have, and that other public health experts have, is the risk of outstripping health care capacity,” said Frieden, who is currently a senior fellow for global health at the Council on Foreign Relations. “This would be catastrophic. It’s what we’re seeing in Italy now, and it’s what we could see in communities around the U.S. soon. -- Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

“Fauci said the goal now is to "blunt" the curve of confirmed cases, keeping the number of those infected low enough so as to not overwhelm the U.S. hospital system. "If you let the curve get up there, then the entire society is going to be hit," he said.
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, U.S.’s top infectious-disease expert

In fact, when you extrapolate John Hopkins data comparing our numbers to Italy’s, their curve looks a lot like ours. So please tell me your opinion on this graph:

italy_us_gap_10.jpg

And newsflash for you, our population within the US isn't that healthy. In fact, Obesity is a risk factor for ICU admision and death with coronavirus, and I don't need to put obesity statistics to you. 

Their hospital system is nothing like ours.

Smoking directly affects respiratory and immune system. Italy has one of the highest smoking populations.

6 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Their hospital system is nothing like ours.

Smoking directly affects respiratory and immune system. Italy has one of the highest smoking populations.

It's already started

Coronavirus Cases Strain New York City Hospitals: ‘We’re Getting Pounded’

Swiftly rising number of patients, sooner than expected, leads to supply shortages and concern about what is to come

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-cases-strain-new-york-city-hospitals-were-getting-pounded-11584719908

It's shameful what you're doing really. While healthcare workers are running out of PPE because the hospital systems are overwhelmed, your here spreading fake news about how it's not gonna happen. 

Just now, Gordon MVP said:

It's already started

Please stop. You're insulting my friends and colleagues right now putting themselves in danger because were running out of PPE in hospitals all over the US because its getting overwhelmed. You should be ashamed.

There getting pounded not because of the crazy amount of covid 19 cases but because people are panicking when they get symptoms.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

There getting pounded not because of the crazy amount of covid 19 cases but because people are panicking when they get symptoms.

Wrong, just wrong. Jesus Christ. You do realize that within 3 weeks we now have 26,909 cases right now within the US? That's going to be 65,000 confirmed cases by next week? That's an insane number of sick people within a short period of time. 

• Upvote 1

Younger adults are large percentage of coronavirus hospitalizations in United States, according to new CDC data

A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention analysis of U.S. cases from Feb. 12 to March 16 released Wednesday shows 38 percent of those sick enough to be hospitalized were younger than 55.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/19/younger-adults-are-large-percentage-coronavirus-hospitalizations-united-states-according-new-cdc-data/

25 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Wrong, just wrong. Jesus Christ. You do realize that within 3 weeks we now have 26,909 cases right now within the US? That's going to be 65,000 confirmed cases by next week? That's an insane number of sick people within a short period of time. 

Or those people were sick and just didn’t get tested.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Or those people were sick and just didn’t get tested.

Alrighty, I can take a hint on when someone has already made up their mind.

If anyone else has any questions on this virus let me know.