Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Your not the cream of the crop. I applaud what you do. There’s knowledge above you however.

You are right. The knowledge above me -- from the countless scientists throughout almost every country working on studies/treatments/vaccines, epidemiologists, virologists, infectious disease experts, and other medical professionals -- all seem to say the same thing. Papers are being published on this within topic scientific journals at an extraordinary rate DAILY. 

No wait -- all those people are in cahoots. I must have forgot to attend that meeting to defraud the world. Let's forget all that and listen to the conspiracy theorists who probably have never read an entire book on infectious disease and pandemics. Like I said, you can tell a post from someone who really has no clue about medicine and epidemiology and has no connection to the medical world. 

Please everyone, I urge you, that if something is not in your field of expertise, you should seek answers from multiple experts and sources instead of just posting your "gut feelings".

Edit: Also, the Qanon was in response to the poster after you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gordon MVP said:

You are right. The knowledge above me -- from the countless scientists throughout almost every country working on studies/treatments/vaccines, epidemiologists, virologists, infectious disease experts, and other medical professionals -- all seem to happen to agree with me. Papers are being published on this within topic scientific journals at an extraordinary rate DAILY. 

No wait -- all those people are in cahoots. I must have forgot to attend that meeting to defraud the world. Let's forget all that and listen to the conspiracy theorists who probably have never read an entire book on infectious disease and pandemics. Like I said, you can tell a post from someone who really has no clue about medicine and epidemiology and has no connection to the medical world. 

Please everyone, I urge you, that if something is not in your field of expertise, you should seek answers from multiple experts and sources instead of just posting your "gut feelings".

Edit: Also, the Qanon was in response to the poster after you. 

Maybe you should start seeking out knowledge from those who disagree.

Smartest man I ever befriended said to me once “If you only seek out knowledge from those who you agree with, you have learned nothing. You’re overindulging yourself with your own ****.”

I know this virus is different. Not saying it should be taken lightly. I’m saying the fear I have seen is in fact being orchestrated. The way people are responding is a concern (hoarding toilet paper, assaulting Asian Americans, etc) 

We have seen zoonotic viruses before. 

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Maybe you should start seeking out knowledge from those who disagree.

Smartest man I ever befriended said to me once “If you only seek out knowledge from those who you agree with, you have learned nothing. You’re overindulging yourself with your own ****.”

I know this virus is different. Not saying it should be taken lightly. I’m saying the fear I have seen is in fact being orchestrated. We have seen zoonotic viruses before. 

That's not how medicine and epidemiology works. Again, another reason why you're misinformed.

Nobody came to the conclusion that this was a pandemic UNTIL the numbers and evidence started piling in when the virus first started spreading 2nd/3rd week in November. No one just guessed "pandemic!!!!!" and then tried to "confirm their beliefs";  We started seeing the devastating effects on other countries and we ran the numbers. We aren't armchair keyboard warriors like you guys on facebook. We look at scientific facts and testing. This supposedly smart quote really has nothing to do with what we're seeing now. 

Secondly, I don't know one top infectious disease expert, epidemiologist, virologist that has disagreed. The consensus within the medical community on this issue specifically is quite amazing; especially considering that this community in specific loves disproving one another. 

So, because we've seen zoonotic viruses before, all viruses are therefore the same? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one. 

• Upvote 1

Not that I discredit doctors at all, but in many cases they are receiving instruction in an indirect way from Big Pharma and corrupt Universities that have received funds from silent donors whom have agendas. Guess who is one of the largest donors to Harvard?  George Soros....... a very, very bad man....

Honestly most people are sheep and will follow the false narrative of a corrupt media that is partially owned by Soros and other deep state operators. I’ve been following this for 2 years and have an IQ of 142, so I’m no dummy. I have watched many sources of media from all sides both conventual and unconventional.  

I have found one thing to be true in life and that is to question everything, because people lie all the time; there’s no accountability anymore. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

That's not how medicine and epidemiology works. Again, another reason why you're misinformed.

Nobody came to the conclusion that this was a pandemic UNTIL the numbers and evidence started piling in when the virus first started spreading 2nd/3rd week in November. No one just guessed "pandemic!!!!!" and then tried to "confirm their beliefs";  We started seeing the devastating effects on other countries and we ran the numbers. We aren't armchair keyboard warriors like you guys on facebook. We look at scientific facts and testing. This supposedly smart quote really has nothing to do with what we're seeing now. 

Secondly, I don't know one top infectious disease expert, epidemiologist, virologist that has disagreed. The consensus within the medical community on this issue specifically is quite amazing; especially considering that this community in specific loves disproving one another. 

So, because we've seen zoonotic viruses before, all viruses are therefore the same? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one. 

China notified the US government back in December. 

Look up Professor Jihad Bishara. 

No. All zoonotic viruses are not the same.  H1n1pdm09 was somewhat close to the original H1n1 back in 1918 but had some differences.

My problem isn’t that we should be cautious of the virus. We should always be cautious with viruses since we are always introduced with new ones we’re not immune to. We should also do daily things to keep the immune system strong.

My problem is the hysteria that’s causing toilet paper shortages, the food shortages, curfews, lockdowns, economical oppression, and the media that influences this behavior.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Well yeah I mean I agree with you that the media hysteria is causing food shortages. But media hysteria isn’t responsible for curfews, lockdowns, and economical depressions. The president and his pandemic team are the ones enacting this. So are the senators and governors. As we know, trump doesn’t give a **** about the media and what they say. So to watch him actually freak out is showing you that this is a very serious problem. 

And all these consequences are exactly what happens in a bad pandemic — the economy of the entire world is suffering.

Curfews and lockdowns are there to flatten the curve so the healthcare system doesn’t get overwhelmed like we see in Italy. As we saw in Florida during spring break, some people just cannot be trusted to abide by common sense rules.  This virus in particular has been sending people on ventilators and to the ICU’s rather quickly and we don’t have enough to hospital space in this country ti deal with a ton of people getting really sick all at once. New York is already starting to get overwhelmed. Then we run out of PPE. Once that happens, the mortality rate starts climbing, healthcare  workers start dying, then revolting and stop working  and the mortality rate continues to climb even higher. 

this is a national disaster with far reaching consequences. There is no way to sugar coat it. 

• Upvote 1

On a lighter note, Fox Sports is showing a Magic game from the end of last season, where we blow out Atlanta 149-113.  That is the game that evened our season at 40-40.  I will pretend I missed that game and watch it.

On the other topic, can someone explain to me the connection between an infectious respiratory disease and toilet paper?  I could see a panic for Kleenex, or paper towels, but toilet paper?

Are people who smoke more likely to have serious problems with respiratory diseases?

The next panic buy will be megaphones so we can stand farther apart to talk to people on the street or in stores.  Start stocking up on megaphones.

Edited by HighAngleDad
added one word (just one)

47 minutes ago, HighAngleDad said:

On a lighter note, Fox Sports is showing a Magic game from the end of last season, where we blow out Atlanta 149-113.  That is the game that evened our season at 40-40.  I will pretend I missed that game and watch it.

On the other topic, can someone explain to me the connection between an infectious respiratory disease and toilet paper?  I could see a panic for Kleenex, or paper towels, but toilet paper?

Are people who smoke more likely to have serious problems with respiratory diseases?

The next panic buy will be megaphones so we can stand farther apart to talk to people on the street or in stores.  Start stocking up on megaphones.

With regards to toilet paper, a few reasons:

Some people started this trend thinking they may have to self isolate for long periods of time. They stock up selfishly for less trips to the grocery store and less exposure to the general population. Media covers it. Bandwagoners see what other people are doing and make the situation worse. We cant seem to keep up with the demand. People who missed out on the previous run now selfishly grab some for themselves whenever its finally restocked thinking they may never get a chance like this in a few weeks. Rinse and repeat. Supermarkets should have limited the amount people could buy a bit earlier, but hindsight is 20/20. 

With regards to smoking, there has been a lot of different studies on it with various outcomes, some smaller studies showing no statistical difference in mortality between smokers and non-smokers.  One of the later studies, probably with the biggest amount of participants, showed smokers were 1.4 times more likely to have severe symptoms and approximately 2.4 times more likely to be admitted to an ICU, need mechanical ventilation or die compared to non-smokers. Considering this virus has been causing respiratory failure at an alarming rate, I would have to say that any limitation in lung function is likelier to have a bad outcome. 

Just now, Gordon MVP said:

With regards to toilet paper, a few reasons:

Some people started this trend thinking they may have to self isolate for long periods of time. They stock up selfishly for less trips to the grocery store and less exposure. Media covers it. Bandwagoners see what other people are doing and make the situation worse. We cant seem to keep up with the demand. People who missed out on the previous run now selfishly grab some for themselves thinking they may never get a chance like this in a few weeks. Rinse and repeat.

With regards to smoking, there has been a lot of different studies on it with various outcomes, some smaller studies showing no statistical difference in mortality between smokers and non-smokers.  One of the later studies, probably with the biggest amount of participants, showed smokers were 1.4 times more likely to have severe symptoms and approximately 2.4 times more likely to be admitted to an ICU, need mechanical ventilation or die compared to non-smokers. Considering this virus has been causing respiratory failure at an alarming rate, I would have to say that any limitation in lung function is likelier to have a bad outcome. 

Thanks.  The game being shown tonight is our game against Philadelphia.  Einnis just drew a foul on Isaac.