Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Welcome back Magicpassion.

Really don't know if I want to chose any of the top team for playoff crossing.. TOR without Leonard is still a very tough team, and would be depressing if we're beaten badly again without their top player back. Point is: I'm not really worried by other teams, more about our team ability right now.

26 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m back folks, got suspended by Fultz4thewin for basically disagreeing and challenging him on certain topics, but I’m here to continue with my own opinions and insight no matter what. After all, this is what the board is about: a healthy exchange of ideas and insights where we’re all suppose to be given that right. 

Welcome back and I look forward to reading your posts and hearing your opinions. Nobody should be suspended for voicing their opinions because that’s exactly what a message board is for. 

• Upvote 2

I THOUGHT I HAD BEEN SUSPENDED.

Because I posted a very important topic that was related to the Magic and the entire NBA league Friday night.

And NO ONE posted their thoughts on the topic. . .NO ONE!

JJGator is the only one that had a private conversation with me (messaging), but not about the topic I posted.

Article:  The NBA wants to hear teams' CoronaVirus plans by Tuesday. They have recommended 'no fans' at games.

Link:   https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28859953/nba-wants-hear-teams-coronavirus-plans-tuesday

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Welcome back Magicpassion.

Really don't know if I want to chose any of the top team for playoff crossing.. TOR without Leonard is still a very tough team, and would be depressing if we're beaten badly again without their top player back. Point is: I'm not really worried by other teams, more about our team ability right now.

Thanks Luke and I hear ya, Frankly, I’m just looking for incremental improvements particularly from the young guys. I feel our team as constructed now is a constant low seed team. I’m hoping for some change this summer; please send shooting......

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I THOUGHT I HAD BEEN SUSPENDED.

Because I posted a very important topic that was related to the Magic and the entire NBA league Friday night.

And NO ONE posted their thoughts on the topic. . .NO ONE!

JJGator is the only one that had a private conversation with me (messaging), but not about the topic I posted.

Article:  The NBA wants to hear teams' CoronaVirus plans by Tuesday. They have recommended 'no fans' at games.

Link:   https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28859953/nba-wants-hear-teams-coronavirus-plans-tuesday

No doubt an issue for sure, True, but I feel this will pass in a short while as history proves this. If you reflect in the past many of these viruses come up during election years; I not saying anything, but it is interesting and being a bit of a conspiracy theorist I can’t help myself.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

No doubt an issue for sure, True, but I feel this will pass in a short while as history proves this. If you reflect in the past many of these viruses come up during election years; I not saying anything, but it is interesting and being a bit of a conspiracy theorist I can’t help myself.

Yeah, the last one was ebola back in 2018. I don't hear anything about that one anymore.

I know you don't have answers  to what the NBA is proposing that teams make plans that might affect fans and possibly zero attendance at games, but I guess no one can say what should or should not happen.

Thanks Magicpassion.

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

With 19 games to go and a pretty favourable SOS I think we should be aiming for the 7th seed and a .500 record. At that point we'd be looking at the Raptors or Celtics in the playoffs. Can't say I'm overly optimistic about either of those matchups but a second straight year of playoff basketball is still a positive.

I don't see a 50% record. Best case is 38/39 wins imo, most likely we end up lower than even that. We would need to go 13 and 6 for the remaining 19 games to finish 41/41. We are no way near consistent enough or good enough for that.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I'd take us Vs the Raptors out of the 2

Raptors would 4-0 us. Maybe we could possibly steal an early game at best but to say you would take us over them in a series is pretty ridiculous. I, as always, love your optimism though! I think I would be disappointed in you if you ever said we would lose a series lol.

• Like 1

I echo your sentiments. Hey Crispy, I’m heading to Manchester to do a real estate show in May. I would imagine it will be cold and wet, is that the norm that time of year? Looking forward to the culture and history if I get the time. 

54 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I echo your sentiments. Hey Crispy, I’m heading to Manchester to do a real estate show in May. I would imagine it will be cold and wet, is that the norm that time of year? Looking forward to the culture and history if I get the time. 

Manchester is known for it raining all the time but you should be fine by May lol

40 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

Hey Magicpassion. Who knew? I'm impressed with the members of this message board. We have members from different countries, backgrounds and walks of life. It reminds me of the reality tv show, The Voice and the blind auditions. You really don't know who you are having a discussion with. 

I love this message board because we are family, and even though we sometimes argue with one another, we are above all, true Magic fans! We have the #1 NBA fan base.

I agree TrueMagic, although it’s very hard sometimes to always shed light when darkness peeks his ugly head from time to time. I do my best to navigate with the light no matter how difficult it is; that’s everyone’s challenge in life and we should exalt the negative people for given us the opportunity to hone our craft. Easier said then done! 

10 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I agree TrueMagic, although it’s very hard sometimes to always shed light when darkness peeks his ugly head from time to time. I do my best to navigate with the light no matter how difficult it is; that’s everyone’s challenge in life and we should exalt the negative people for given us the opportunity to hone our craft. Easier said then done! 

I know, my friend. I appreciate you. I've always said that I don't understand everything about the in's and out's about basketball and it's operations. But I do learn and respect others' opinions.

Hang in there! As you said, it's a message board and everyone is entitle to their opinion.   

tEqj21.png