Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

24 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I look at guys like Dejountay Murray and Ja Morant who are rookies playing with vets but they take over when needed by their respective teams. I don’t buy the whole needing to earn respect from the vets when those vets aren’t helping your team win. If you’re a baller and know it it should show on the court there’s no need to be passive or scared to show them up because that’s why you’re in the best league in the world with the best talent in the world. If Fultz had the IT factor he would show it more on the court. Maybe the coach is telling him to set his guys up more than look for his own shot but that’s why we are in this shambolic mess to begin with. Entitled vets who aren’t held accountable for terrible play night in and out. 

Murray has a smaller role than fultz and Morant joined a team starting from scratch, not a team with an established identity

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

Murray has a smaller role than fultz and Morant joined a team starting from scratch, not a team with an established identity

And which identity is that? The one where we play the same way and lose a bunch of games? Murray has been on a tear as of late. Let’s take his last game for example: 21 points on 9-14 shooting and 3-5 from 3 point range. He also got 6 assists 5 boards and 2 steals in 28 minutes of action. I would hardly call that a smaller role than Fultz.

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

And which identity is that? The one where we play the same way and lose a bunch of games? Murray has been on a tear as of late. Let’s take his last game for example: 21 points on 9-14 shooting and 3-5 from 3 point range. He also got 6 assists 5 boards and 2 steals in 28 minutes of action. I would hardly call that a smaller role than Fultz.

Are you honestly sitting here quoting a single game back at me and calling that "lately"?

Should I bring up his zero point 0-7 shooting effort in 21 minutes the other day and act like that's an honest representation of his game?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Fultz4thewin said:

Are you honestly sitting here quoting a single game back at me and calling that "lately"?

Should I bring up his zero point 0-7 shooting effort in 21 minutes the other day and act like that's an honest representation of his game?

So you are gonna seriously pull up one game where he didn’t score and tell me he isn’t improving? I get it you don’t like when other people contradict you but you are something else. Cool story though bro. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don’t know how much of a larger role Fultz could take on.  He tries to drive but the lane is often clogged because our overall outside shooting is so poor that the spacing is bad.  Maybe on a team with 4 good long range shooters he’d have an easier time, but right now I don’t see him having the ability to do much more on offense than he’s currently doing.  

I have to admit his 3 point shot continues to concern me.  He visibly hesitates, has an awkward looking motion, and often misses very badly.  On this team in particular, with our shooting problems, he’s going to struggle to be more effective offensively unless his 3 point shot improves.  

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

So you are gonna seriously pull up one game where he didn’t score and tell me he isn’t improving? I get it you don’t like when other people contradict you but you are something else. Cool story though bro. 

Contradict? You're being intellectually dishonest. By your logic Ross is playing like an mvp lately

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Contradict? You're being intellectually dishonest. By your logic Ross is playing like an mvp lately

No I’m just giving you evidence as to why Murray has been improving as of late and has a bigger role than Fultz and putting up better numbers. Also I never stated Ross is playing at an MVP level but sure go ahead and put words in my mouth. 

Murray is averaging 10.6ppg this season. 

Over the past 5 games he's averaging 11

Over the past 10 he's averaging 14. 

Over the past 15 he's averaging 12

Over the past 20 he's averaging 11. 

Seems like random ebbs and flows

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

No I’m just giving you evidence as to why Murray has been improving as of late and has a bigger role than Fultz and putting up better numbers. Also I never stated Ross is playing at an MVP level but sure go ahead and put words in my mouth. 

I'm pointing out how single game samples aren't good at defining players

6 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

I'm pointing out how single game samples aren't good at defining players

I was giving you the most recent game as an example not using that as the baseline to define him or his play as of late. I simply stated he’s improved as the year has progressed and is doing so playing with plenty of vets on the team.  That was the argument from the beginning. You stated they’re in the same situation putting up similar numbers but I beg to differ and that’s ok if someone doesn’t share your same opinions or views. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I was giving you the most recent game as an example not using that as the baseline to define him or his play as of late. I simply stated he’s improved as the year has progressed and is doing so playing with plenty of vets on the team.  That was the argument from the beginning. You stated they’re in the same situation putting up similar numbers but I beg to differ and that’s ok if someone doesn’t share your same opinions or views. 

But he hasn't improved as time has gone on. He's been around the same numbers all year. 

And when one guy averages 10.6ppg 4.1 assists and 1.7 steals a game and the other guy averages 11.7 ppg 5.2 assists and 1.3 steals that's pretty similar