Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

13 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Is this for any practical reason or just out of principle/optics? I get why you don't want to trade a guy to a division rival in the NFL.  In the NBA is there any major detriment other than the 3rd criterion of a two-team playoff tiebreaker (higher win % in division)?  If not, that doesn't seem like a huge risk.

I think conference is a bigger deal than division, seeing the guy you dealt 4 times a season and much more likely in a playoff matchup than shipping him to the other conference where you’re only gonna see him twice unless you see him in the Finals

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

Is this for any practical reason or just out of principle/optics? I get why you don't want to trade a guy to a division rival in the NFL.  In the NBA is there any major detriment other than the 3rd criterion of a two-team playoff tiebreaker (higher win % in division)?  If not, that doesn't seem like a huge risk.

It's just a common thing. Russillo just went on a rant the other day about how Houston really wanted to trade Capella out of the West. It's pointless. 

It's more about having to face a potential mistake I think. We're guaranteed to play Washington 4 times every year and potentially another 7 times in the playoffs. That's a lot of reminders about how things went wrong. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think conference is a bigger deal than division, seeing the guy you dealt 4 times a season and much more likely in a playoff matchup than shipping him to the other conference where you’re only gonna see him twice unless you see him in the Finals

Yeah.

40 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It's just a common thing. Russillo just went on a rant the other day about how Houston really wanted to trade Capella out of the West. It's pointless. 

It's more about having to face a potential mistake I think. We're guaranteed to play Washington 4 times every year and potentially another 7 times in the playoffs. That's a lot of reminders about how things went wrong. 

Yeah I get that part of it.  I guess I was just trying to make sure there isn't some major difference that I'm not thinking of for "in-division" vs. "in-conference" in the NBA.  Players get traded in-conference decently often so in-division shouldn't really be any different aside from a couple tiny things and the perception issue.

6 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Even if he was a free agent, unfortunately we will not have cap space at all this summer.

Fair enough. I usually don’t look at the contract numbers until the summer so pardon my ignorance. 

I'm an eternal optimist...I understand that

But I think we're going to win out the rest of February. I think the team started to look good before the break, the sham of a dunk contest will fuel Gordon for the rest of the season. I think we steal the 7 seed from the Nets. I think Vuc starts to get into a groove and we play well to finish the season. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

But I think we're going to win out the rest of February. I think the team started to look good before the break, the sham of a dunk contest will fuel Gordon for the rest of the season. I think we steal the 7 seed from the Nets. I think Vuc starts to get into a groove and we play well to finish the season. 

Then we get swept by the raptors. And Vooch folds like a lawn chair. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Then we get swept by the raptors. And Vooch folds like a lawn chair. 

Eventually he’ll be gone. One day.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 8:40 AM, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Someone must not like me to downvote 3 of my posts back to back to back lol. How about you stop hiding behind the computer and let’s have a discussion about what you disagree with. 

It was me all this time!  I've been down voting you this whole time!  (Joking but I know i know how you feel)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I feel we will get 7th. I also feel we will do well or win the series against whoever we play apart from the Bucks.

Not one of them teams frightens me whatsoever. Especially if we get J.I back

7 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

It is really pointless unless the team is hoping for addition by subtraction I guess, but even then... but yeah. I know they probably wouldn't, but god it would help us and to me the Wizards product on the floor every night is already enough of a reminder of what has gone wrong. They really just need a clean sweep, a deep breath and probably that mind wipe pen from Men in Black