Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Not taking this personal at all. Just found it funny you think a person can’t watch what all 5 of our players are doing on our offensive and defensive sets. It’s safe to say most of this board/fans in general are on the Bamba is nowhere near ready camp. If you need proof check out that reddit link someone posted earlier. They put it a lot more eloquently than I did lol. At the end of the day we are all just frustrated Magic fans and sorry if you though I took it personal I’m just passionate about basketball and my Magic. 

I didnt say that. I meant every player on every team. It’s hard to give a fair judgement bob somebody you only see 240 min a year. That’s all I meant.

1 minute ago, jec said:

I didnt say that. I meant every player on every team. It’s hard to give a fair judgement bob somebody you only see 240 min a year. That’s all I meant.

Ah gotcha fair enough. I was specifically talking about watching our guys and their sets. I don’t have time to watch other teams much other than the occasional highlight. Also incremental improvement from year to year is a big indicator and Bamba hasn’t shown any growth other than his muscles. Granted he’s been injured but he doesn’t take advantage of his minutes while on the floor. 

Bamba has potential, but he may never unlock it. It might take a pivotal career moment like being dropped from the rotation completely and him realizing things won't come easy for him any more. It might be being cut or not offered a contract. But also none of these things might give him the spark to give his all. He looks like, and it's been mentioned before, that he is the type of guy that doesn't care too much for basketball, took it up cos of his physicals and coasted it to the NBA. 

He needs a HELL of a lot of work in many facets of his game. It will take him putting in 100% commitment to basketball which it's clear he hasn't yet. This may or may not happen, it might happen at his next team, or the one after that (because he will bounce around if things don't change, teams will give up on him if he has this kind of commitment. He'll get picked up again because of potential but won't stick unless he changes his mindset). Now I'm not saying that there is some switch he can flick in his mind that will plot him on course to be a hall of famer, but I do think a lot of his potential is up to him to uncover, and to put in the work to unlock it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Ah gotcha fair enough. I was specifically talking about watching our guys and their sets. I don’t have time to watch other teams much other than the occasional highlight. Also incremental improvement from year to year is a big indicator and Bamba hasn’t shown any growth other than his muscles. Granted he’s been injured but he doesn’t take advantage of his minutes while on the floor. 

Yeah sorry I was unclear my man

41 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

It’s all good bro I enjoyed our discussion and look forward to having more in the future. 

For sure, my dude. Even if I don’t reply I read everybody’s posts.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’ll be the first to say... I’m a T-Ross apologist... but his drop off this season has been alarming

I’m most disappointed this season with AG, TRoss & Bamba, in that order. Most folks thought AG would break out this year. I was looking at his stats and it’s alarming, plus his body language has been suspect. I want him to succeed but something is up, I feel it. I’m sure he’s heard the trade attempt chatter. Ross shot 38% last game but was a -17 and has been horribly inconsistent, Bamba is just a flat out enigma. 

10 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m most disappointed this season with AG, TRoss & Bamba, in that order. Most folks thought AG would break out this year. I was looking at his stats and it’s alarming, plus his body language has been suspect. I want him to succeed but something is up, I feel it. I’m sure he’s heard the trade attempt chatter. Ross shot 38% last game but was a -17 and has been horribly inconsistent, Bamba is just a flat out enigma. 

Yeah. Perfectly honest, the only guys that haven’t given us a reason to be disappointed in them this year are Fultz, Fournier and if you don’t punish him for health, MCW.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah. Perfectly honest, the only guys that haven’t given us a reason to be disappointed in them this year are Fultz, Fournier and if you don’t punish him for health, MCW.

I would include JI on that list as well because he was having quite the year on defense and was becoming more assertive on offense before he got injured. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I would include JI on that list as well because he was having quite the year on defense and was becoming more assertive on offense before he got injured. 

Ahh, yeah, you’re right on that one. I just am terrified that he missed at least half of 2 of 3 seasons

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Ahh, yeah, you’re right on that one. I just am terrified that he missed at least half of 2 of 3 seasons

The only thing that has been holding him back are those reoccurring injuries. Luckily it isn’t his ankles again but the guy can’t catch a break. He’s the main reason why we are in such a spiral this year and have no defensive identity whatsoever. 

• Upvote 2

Someone must not like me to downvote 3 of my posts back to back to back lol. How about you stop hiding behind the computer and let’s have a discussion about what you disagree with. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2