Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

35 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Bamba should never be in the post lol. That’s not his game. Shots around the basket, put backs and threes are the only shots Bamba should be taking.

When’s the last time you’ve seen Gobert dominate in the post? That’s not his game.

Why can’t he develop a little go to move when he gets the ball down there though? These guys are in the NBA the highest level of play arguably in the world. Now why can’t a guy put some work in and do that? It’s useless when he gets an offensive rebound on most possessions because he usually fumbles it out of bounds or gets it stolen. Gobert can’t shoot 3’s so I wouldn’t compare the 2 especially since he was already an elite defensive talent as a rookie and Bamba is nowhere near that. It’s predictable when all you do is fade to the 3 and shoot the ball. Put some weight on and get a go to move down low and you’ll see how his game opens up. 

38 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

And the eye test is prone to exaggerating biases and predisposed opinions on a player. 

Or it tells you exactly what you see which is a player who isn’t ready to play. Advanced stats are there to back up the eye test with numbers not the other way around. 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Why can’t he develop a little go to move when he gets the ball down there though? These guys are in the NBA the highest level of play arguably in the world. Now why can’t a guy put some work in and do that? It’s useless when he gets an offensive rebound on most possessions because he usually fumbles it out of bounds or gets it stolen. Gobert can’t shoot 3’s so I wouldn’t compare the 2 especially since he was already an elite defensive talent as a rookie and Bamba is nowhere near that. It’s predictable when all you do is fade to the 3 and shoot the ball. Put some weight on and get a go to move down low and you’ll see how his game opens up. 

Agreed, with his length he could have an unstoppable sky hook like Kareem, but he appears to be more of a perimeter guy as it’s too hard to bang with the brutes. Granted the game has changed but you should always exploit mismatch’s when you can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Or it tells you exactly what you see which is a player who isn’t ready to play. Advanced stats are there to back up the eye test with numbers not the other way around. 

Totally agree, I see these stats on Bamba, but when I watch him I see a guy who can get hot at the 3 pt but is very inconsistent and I see him slow to react to coverages and frankly weak on the block due to high center of gravity and of course his lack of strength. His stats appear to be better then his eye test for sure.

So there is a discussion going on about Mo Bamba on the Orlando Magic reddit page. It seems the general opinion of him there is a lot worse than on here. Just thought I'd post it in case anyone wanted to read it.

Link

4 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

It tells you what YOU see. 

and then you can use stats for any narrative

cant watch every player all the time either

15 minutes ago, jec said:

It tells you what YOU see. 

and then you can use stats for any narrative

cant watch every player all the time either

I can watch every player and I see what all 5 of our players do on O and D that’s the kind of person/fan I am. Who are you to tell me what I can and can’t do lol? Nah anyone that actually knows basketball doesn’t need analytics to backup the obvious. Bamba is trash and won’t be anything relevant if he continues with his lazy uninspiring play. Everyone sees his flaws and lack of b-ball IQ.  I understand you like Bamba but sometimes you can be wrong and that’s alright. 

• Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I can watch every player and I see what all 5 of our players do on O and D that’s the kind of person/fan I am. Who are you to tell me what I can and can’t do lol? Nah anyone that actually knows basketball doesn’t need analytics to backup the obvious. Bamba is trash and won’t be anything relevant if he continues with his lazy uninspiring play. Everyone sees his flaws and lack of b-ball IQ.  I understand you like Bamba but sometimes you can be wrong and that’s alright. 

Why are you taking this personal?

im saying we all have flawed perspectives 

9 minutes ago, jec said:

Why are you taking this personal?

im saying we all have flawed perspectives 

Not taking this personal at all. Just found it funny you think a person can’t watch what all 5 of our players are doing on our offensive and defensive sets. It’s safe to say most of this board/fans in general are on the Bamba is nowhere near ready camp. If you need proof check out that reddit link someone posted earlier. They put it a lot more eloquently than I did lol. At the end of the day we are all just frustrated Magic fans and sorry if you thought I took it personal I’m just passionate about basketball and my Magic and won’t accept excuses for Mediocrity we’ve had enough of that the last 10 years.