Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

8 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

No. I mean I got it. Nobody is mad about someone getting cheated out of a thing that doesn't really matter and this is going to bring more attention to his effort than it probably would have otherwise. 

It just sucks that someone put in a lot of effort into something and then had that accomplishment taken away from them by a cheat. 

When I was 7 or 8 years old I was playing in a youth basketball game. We scored to go up 1 with something like 2.7 seconds left. The parent of an opponent was reffing the game and he had them change the time remaining to 15 seconds. We ended up losing. It still bothers me. I wouldn't remember the game if we won. We all have these lessons in our lives where you can put in effort and do the right thing and be a good person and be good at something and have nepotism or corruption or favoritism take priority over you. It just sucks that had to enter a dunk contest. 

So I'm not mad about Aaron not getting formal recognition as a dunk contest champion. I'm mad for Aaron that he was cheated out of something that he put a lot of effort into. 

This +1

I know that referees make the wrong call a lot, whether it is football or basketball. But as Jay Magic said, this was blatant because right after the competition was over, the judges admitted the "fix". The admission wasn't like the next day, it was that night after the event was over. 

It's like when a child steals something of value from a store. If an employee identifies him as the thief and the child admits that he stole the item, his parents would have to make restitution and put the child on punishment. As some of you have said, how can the league let this stand. It should have at least been declared a tie. The results should have been overturned and both AG and James Jr. should have received a trophy. 

I read where if there is a tie, then the judges would break the tie.

I wouldn't trust that in this case because of Wade's Miami connection. In law, it's called conflict of interest or lack of impartiality.

5 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I don't care what anybody says in one draft Memphis and New Orleans are suddenly small markets that are nationally relevant.  It can work and we continue to fake like we are anything more then an after thought.  

I'm not sure Memphis is more relevant than we are. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Right now yes

if Isaac were healthy we’d be in much better shape

that kid is a legit two way star in the making

13 minutes ago, jec said:

Right now yes

if Isaac were healthy we’d be in much better shape

that kid is a legit two way star in the making

I don't know if that's the right way to measure relevance. 

Like Toronto is significantly better than Philly but Philly is definitely more relevant to basketball discussion because there's not really much to talk about with Toronto. They just keep chugging along. 

2 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

What? They are in a playoff spot in the west after trading away all of the old core they had. Yes Ja dropped into their laps but can't blame them for that.They refused to trade Dillon Brooks several times and took advantage of Toronto's playoff push to get a great center in JV. They deftly used cap space and trades to acquire several interesting players including Jones,Melton,Jackson and Winslow. And oh yeah they drafted Brandon Clarke, why didn't we draft him again?

7 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I don't care what anybody says in one draft Memphis and New Orleans are suddenly small markets that are nationally relevant.  It can work and we continue to fake like we are anything more then an after thought.  

I'm taking a fully fit Magic squad over both them teams as constructed. 

Morant and Williamson are going to be great though. 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

What? They are in a playoff spot in the west after trading away all of the old core they had. Yes Ja dropped into their laps but can't blame them for that.They refused to trade Dillon Brooks several times and took advantage of Toronto's playoff push to get a great center in JV. They deftly used cap space and trades to acquire several interesting players including Jones,Melton,Jackson and Winslow. And oh yeah they drafted Brandon Clarke, why didn't we draft him again?

What does any of that have to do with relevance?

• Downvote 1

Our attendance numbers are better than Memphis both home and road. 

Our TV numbers are better than Memphis. 

In the national discourse going on lately a magic player is constantly being included in discussions whether that's Gordon's dunk contest, Gordon trade discussions, a discussion about Gordon's ceiling and whether he can reach it in Orlando or if we're to blame for that, discussions about how much we like fultz and whether or not that's a mistake at this point to be married to him, or fournier being discussed as a potential prize in this free agency class and what we plan to do with him. 

We're definitely more relevant than Memphis. 

• Upvote 1