Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m not even mad about the outcome, because Derrick Jones Jr was great,

I don't agree with you Mauro. I am mad about the outcome. They both were great, but Jones, Jr. did a safe dunk in his final dunk, running and jumping from the free throw line. The power with which he slammed the ball through the hoop made his dunk(s) appear to be thrilling. On the other hand, AG did a more difficult dunk, jumping over 7'5" Tacko, slamming the ball through the hoop and got a lesser score than Jones?

18 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I don't agree with you Mauro. I am mad about the outcome. They both were great, but Jones, Jr. did a safe dunk in his final dunk, running and jumping from the free throw line. The power with which he slammed the ball through the hoop made his dunk(s) appear to be thrilling. On the other hand, AG did a more difficult dunk, jumping over 7'5" Tacko, slamming the ball through the hoop and got a lesser score than Jones?

Not only this, if you watch the dunk where he “jumped over” Bam again, he clearly pushes off his left shoulder to launch. Aaron got robbed and I’m still mad about it.

The only thing I wish Aaron did differently last night is said his next goal is to make the Sunday game, not win the 3 point shootout.

That judge group also didn’t read the room at all. The winner always seems to be the guy who gets the rest of the players to rush the court, act amazed, etc. That had a big impact on Lavine beating AG bc he had KAT and Wiggs and a bunch of other guys doing it for him, putting pressure on the judges. Aaron had that happen on the backboard 360 cup windmill and the Tacko dunk. 

Not only that, but the fact that there is a well known narrative that he was already robbed. You’re going to willingly repeat that? Ultimately it was Wade doing the most inexcusable thing, but they could’ve just given Aaron a 50 and ended it without the intent to go to the tie cop out.

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Not only this, if you watch the dunk where he “jumped over” Bam again, he clearly pushes off his left shoulder to launch. Aaron got robbed and I’m still mad about it.

The only thing I wish Aaron did differently last night is said his next goal is to make the Sunday game, not win the 3 point shootout.

I agree. I went "huh"? when I saw that he wanted to win the 3 point shootout.  3 pt. shooting is not what he's good at.

31 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I agree. I went "huh"? when I saw that he wanted to win the 3 point shootout.  3 pt. shooting is not what he's good at.

Think it was somewhat sarcastic.

Was probably saying since it doesn’t have biased judges involved in outcome.

5 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Ja Morant said he wouldn't even participate in it after Aaron got screwed

Love me some Ja Morant; by the way there is a petition going around; I signed it. 

This Slam dunk contest makes me really hate the Heat now; and I was born in Miami. I don’t know how Jones can accept that Trophy in good faith. There will always be an asterisk by he and Levine‘s name. Actually AG will get some good mileage out of this. 

Edited by Magicpassion
Wrong name

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

It was definitely a salty comment

1 hour ago, Magicman28 said:

Just now, jec said:

It was definitely a salty comment

Ahh, makes sense. I’ve only read the transcript, haven’t watched the video 

1 hour ago, Magicpassion said:

This Slam dunk contest makes me really hate the Heat now; and I was born in Miami. I don’t know how Jones can accept that Trophy in good faith. There will always be an asterisk by he and Levine‘s name. Actually AG will get some good mileage out of this. 

Greedy. Some people don't mind accepting something they didn't deserve. They don't have a conscience so it doesn't faze them one bit. They will accept a job, money or reward by any means necessary, and especially if cheating in their favor was involved.

First of all, congrats to AG on being a two time NBA Slam Dunk Champion. Perhaps there is something important to remember here. 'Remember' being the key word. Does anyone remember who won the dunk contest last year or the year before ? Probably not right ? But you know for sure that everyone REMEMBERS AG being screwed over not once but twice. In a strange way this works in AG's favor. 

Now on to the "Judges". Did you all see AG make an appearance on TNT on Tuesday night to discuss the dunk contest ? TNT had Shaq, Wade, Candace Parker, and some other clown as host. They all took veiled shots at AG, basically accusing him of being high on marijuana. They showed no respect for him at all. Then last night Shaq refused to let AG jump over him on the last dunk. That's why he chose Taco Bell or whatever his name is. To top it all off D-Wade rigs the whole thing for his ex teammate to snag the trophy.