Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

NBA WORLD REACTS TO AARON GORDON BEING ROBBED IN SLAM DUNK

COMPETITION AFTER DUNKING OVER TACKO FALL

By Matt Johnson  February 15, 2020  

Four years after he was robbed as Slam Dunk champion, Gordon was robbed again in one of the wildest dunk contests in NBA history.

Gordon and Miami Heat forward Derrick Jones Jr. put on a show throughout the night. The high-flying stars put on an absurd display of unbelievable dunks, ultimately sending it to a dunk-off. After the pair each earned 50s with a pair of dunks we might never see again, it all came down to the final dunk.

Jones’ dunk was certainly impressive, but the NBA world collectively stood up on its feet in shock when Gordon brought out Boston Celtics 7-foot-5 center Tacko Fall. No one thought it was possible that Gordon would leap over the NBA’s tallest player, then he somehow achieved the impossible.

I'm like legit heated.

I'm a 49ers fan as well and I'm more pissed off about this than I was the Super Bowl loss.

The NBA clearly wanted Miami to shine and to bury Orlando. Miami is their darling franchise. Can't have a player from Orlando in the NBA spotlight, even for a day.

Like, it might "just" be the dunk contest, but if they can't even get this little thing right, how can they have integrity for the big games?

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

In the article you posted, it said this: 

". . .the judges awarded him a 47 for his final dunk, with Candace Parker, Chadwick Boseman and Bulls Hall of Famers all giving him nines rather than the 10s he was awarded for all of his previous dunks."

Notice that they mentioned Parker and Boseman by name but did not print Wade and Pippen's names as 2 of the judges that gave Aaron 9's. Instead, they referred to them as Bulls Hall of Famers.

HERE ARE THE CORRECT SCORES GIVEN BY EACH OF THE JUDGES (I found on another site) 

"(The individual scores from each judge on Gordon's last dunk: Dwyane Wade, 9; Common, 10; Candace Parker, 10; Chadwick Boseman, 9; Scottie Pippen, 9.)"

Link:  https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-slam-dunk-contest-2020-aaron-gordon-robbed-all-star-weekend/1u9cymwglrrsm1nf319rmwa5jn

I think the NBA have done some decent damage to the contest again after it has been trying to make a comeback. A lot of people are super upset, including stars, not just Magic fans... why would anybody with a decent reputation risk their health and put in the work if the league is willing to let the contest be rigged for freakin Derrick Jones Jr.?! I’m half expecting some sort of rebuke or decision change to come from the league office to try to save face. Literally the only people happy with the result are Heat fans

I didn't see it. It totally sucks he got robbed again, but I am looking forward to watching AG's dunks on youtube. From the sounds of it, he did even better than last time, which surprises me because I never thought there would be a better dunk than the one where he jumps over Stuff (my avatar). That's just crazy athletic!