Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Eh. You might want to temper your expectations. He's got significant upside but he's probably going to be something like a more productive Joe Ingles or a Morris brother without the baggage and a higher basketball IQ. 

"A Morris brother without the baggage and a higher basketball IQ" is something I would take almost any day, certainly compared to some of what we have seen on our bench the last few years. Even a more productive Joe Ingles isn't a bad addition. I definitely got a chuckle over the Morris brothers comment! Baggage indeed!

5 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

"A Morris brother without the baggage and a higher basketball IQ" is something I would take almost any day, certainly compared to some of what we have seen on our bench the last few years. Even a more productive Joe Ingles isn't a bad addition. I definitely got a chuckle over the Morris brothers comment! Baggage indeed!

Yeah. I'm really happy about adding him I just want to maintain proper expectations. He hits the right analytic numbers for "guy who surprises people and becomes a star seemingly out of nowhere". But it's not right to throw that on him today when the most likely career path is a 4th or really good 5th starter

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Yeah. I'm really happy about adding him I just want to maintain proper expectations. He hits the right analytic numbers for "guy who surprises people and becomes a star seemingly out of nowhere". But it's not right to throw that on him today when the most likely career path is a 4th or really good 5th starter

I agree - I think many people are going to be pleasantly surprised. I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check for him as well. 

17 of our next 20 games are against similarly talented teams to us or worse.

Benchmark for success is 12-8 or better. 

That leaves us with 36 wins with 7 games remaining, 5 of which are against playoff teams. 

14 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

That leaves us with 36 wins with 7 games remaining, 5 of which are against playoff teams. 

I’m having a hard time grasping how we’re 5-24 against teams that are over .500.. that’s impressively bad. Then again, the talent discrepancy between the top of the league and bottom is huge right now.

16 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Sounds about right. I think losing Isaac really hurt us.

Curious who’s gonna fall out of the rotation when DJ gets back. Probably Clark, but then who gets the back up 4 minutes? Clifford hates playing small up front, so maybe it’s not Clark, it’s Ennis or Iwundu