Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Alright, here is the look ahead. Currently 22-31. How are we going to finish? I'm predicting 37-45

• 2-10 -- vs Hawks
  • 2-12 -- vs Pistons
  • 2-21 -- vs Mavs
  • 2-24 -- vs Nets (away)
  • 2-26 --  vs Hawks (away)
  • 2-28 -- vs Twolves
  • 2-29 -- vs Spurs (away)
  • 3-2 -- vs Trailblazers
  • 3-4 -- vs Heat (away)
  • 3-6 -- vs TWolves (away)
  • 3-8 -- vs Rockets (away)
  • 3-10 -- vs Memphis (away)
  • 3-12 -- vs Bulls
  • 3-15 -- vs Hornets
  • 3-17 -- vs Pistons (away)
  • 3-19 -- vs Cavs
  • 3-21 -- vs Kings
  • 3-23 -- vs Nets (away)
  • 3-25 -- vs Pacers
  • 3-27 -- vs Nets
  • 3-29 -- vs Pelicans
  • 4-1 -- vs Hornets
  • 4-3 -- vs Celtics (away)
  • 4-5 -- vs 76ers (away)
  • 4-8 -- vs Knicks (away)
  • 4-10 -- vs Celtics
  • 4-11 -- vs Pacers (away)
  • 4-13 -- vs Bulls (away)
  • 4-15 -- vs Raptors

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Malik Beasley with 20 points and 6-9 from 3 in his first half in Minnesota. We really should’ve made a stronger play for him 

Came here to write this..lol

4 hours ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Alright, here is the look ahead. Currently 22-31. How are we going to finish? I'm predicting 37-45

• 2-10 -- vs Hawks
  • 2-12 -- vs Pistons
  • 2-21 -- vs Mavs
  • 2-24 -- vs Nets (away)
  • 2-26 --  vs Hawks (away)
  • 2-28 -- vs Twolves
  • 2-29 -- vs Spurs (away)
  • 3-2 -- vs Trailblazers
  • 3-4 -- vs Heat (away)
  • 3-6 -- vs TWolves (away)
  • 3-8 -- vs Rockets (away)
  • 3-10 -- vs Memphis (away)
  • 3-12 -- vs Bulls
  • 3-15 -- vs Hornets
  • 3-17 -- vs Pistons (away)
  • 3-19 -- vs Cavs
  • 3-21 -- vs Kings
  • 3-23 -- vs Nets (away)
  • 3-25 -- vs Pacers
  • 3-27 -- vs Nets
  • 3-29 -- vs Pelicans
  • 4-1 -- vs Hornets
  • 4-3 -- vs Celtics (away)
  • 4-5 -- vs 76ers (away)
  • 4-8 -- vs Knicks (away)
  • 4-10 -- vs Celtics
  • 4-11 -- vs Pacers (away)
  • 4-13 -- vs Bulls (away)
  • 4-15 -- vs Raptors

34-48 is my guess. I don't see more than twelve wins there. We'll lose a couple we shouldn't, and I don't trust us in a toss-up anymore.

Just now, Justin Jaudon said:

Honest question:

If we manage to collapse ourselves out of the playoffs, does Cliff lose his job?

Nah, the issue here is roster construction. I’ve been critical of him and he probably won’t be our coach when we start to make the big push back to the top, but Clifford is here and should be unless he decides to quit.

Clifford needs to be nearly perfect for us to win with this roster and he’s proven to be far from perfect. He’s not “the” issue but his coaching probably wouldn’t yield him a positive WAR as far as coaching goes. He’s about as good a coach as our roster imo 

Not making a statement about whether he should be fired. I think he's got his positives and negatives: he's consistent, and coaches good defense; but his offense is too rigid and predictable. He's like a sane version of Skiles, in that way, though certainly they run very different systems. But I honestly think the idea of him as a coach is similar to what it was with Skiles, for this team. I'm just of two minds on whether his rigidity on offense is helping our young guys learn to settle into an offense or just hindering their figuring things out. It's a long-term game we're playing with letting him hinder the young guys, hoping that once they get used to playing within the rules of his offense they'll figure out how to play around the edges of his system when they're more comfortable. But is his offense a safety blanket, or a straight jacket? Hard to tell at this point.

What I'm wondering is whether he WILL be fired (or at least be on the hot seat) if such a collapse happened. Understand, I think it's entirely likely my prediction of 34 wins gets us into the playoffs. Missing the playoffs would, I think, require us to continue to look this bad for the rest of the year. Lose multiple games to teams below us and not pick up any games from those above us. Home losses to the Bulls, Hornets, Cavs, Hawks. That's the kind of collapse I'm talking about. Because at this point, it's not out of the realm of possibility, considering how lost and disinterested this team looks.

We need a modern bright young coach to succeed, not a stubborn old school assistant coach. Clifford is limiting his players, playing them out of position, we lost a few games when he was afraid to give extra 3-4 minutes to starters or key reserves. He has automatic rotations and no changes during the game. He is a great assistant coach but not a head coach in the modern NBA.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Babir_9 said:

We need a modern bright young coach to succeed, not a stubborn old school assistant coach. Clifford is limiting his players, playing them out of position, we lost a few games when he was afraid to give extra 3-4 minutes to starters or key reserves. He has automatic rotations and no changes during the game. He is a great assistant coach but not a head coach in the modern NBA.

Agreed. He’s good to get you from point A to point B (playoff contention), but then he runs out of ideas