Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

35 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'd take a flyer on Bender

I think signing Clark for the rest of the season was our buyout move. Like it or not, and not sure who likes it based on recent results, but this is the team we’re rolling with for the rest of the season. We should get DJ back at some point, but that’s about it.

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

I don't know and you don't know either right now.  9th highest payroll is going to take some time to get that down.  My point was to just have a plan.

Cap room isn't a plan. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think signing Clark for the rest of the season was our buyout move. Like it or not, and not sure who likes it based on recent results, but this is the team we’re rolling with for the rest of the season. We should get DJ back at some point, but that’s about it.

I'm gonna go ahead and say J.I comes back before the season finishes and we upset the 2nd seed in the first round!

Bender is a nice option to have but I dont really see much of an upgrade there from Clark. In fact, I see Clark more serviceable at the moment. I rather have Clark. 

Now that the trade deadline is over; what do we have? Mediocracy; sad but true. In fairness, it’s been rough going with injury and lack of continuity; a byproduct of injuries. What’s next, the big looming decision on Evan. He’ll want over 80 mill for 4 years; is he worth it? Who else can we sign/trade to replace him? Should we trade AG and let JI play the 4? who many believe he is best suited for. Our core is real young; JI and Bamba need to consume 10,000 calories a day and hit the gym hard. Fultz needs the gym also to build his upper body strength and range. We are not there yet and it scares me to invest most of our payroll to Vooch, Evan and AG. I think it sets us up for average for a long time. 

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I realize that you can take upbeat music and put it behind the best plays of someones year and make them look like they're amazing.

However...

I can't help but ask what would our year look like if Fultz, Isaac, and AG had a year together? I think we'd be in a very different position both in wins/losses and team/fan morale. I think there is still hope. We just need to realize who we are. We have to transition to a fast pace team now that we have a fast paced point guard.