Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

2 hours ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

In a perfect world we would be developing our young talent while creating two max slots for big time free agents like Brooklyn did or like the great John Gabriel did years ago!  

Gabriel was really smart because he was one of the first GM's to do that. He set up a situation where Orlando was pretty much the only team with cap space. 

In 2021 almost every team will have cap space. Cap space isn't a great strategy when every team has it. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

I just read the story about Cliffords fine

not one but 2 missed calls

yet he gets fined

If you call a ref a mother ****** in blatant view of cameras you're gonna get fined. 

Especially in post game when you say "I don't care if they fine me, they need to be better professionals"

i know he was unprofessional about it 

he shouldn't have done it

but people get angry and in the moment

i was more surprised that they admitted the 2 mistakes and still fined him

but hey, he hasn't given up caring  lol

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Gabriel was really smart because he was one of the first GM's to do that. He set up a situation where Orlando was pretty much the only team with cap space. 

In 2021 almost every team will have cap space. Cap space isn't a great strategy when every team has it. 

You first assumed I was talking about the summer of 2020 now you are assuming I am talking about 2021.  I simply was stating the Magic have a much better chance of attracting stars if they have 2 slots available where they can attract 2 stars that might want to play together to come here.  Why do you assume things so much?  You  might want to listen more.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1