Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

You guys should really check out the full interview of the above quotes. Especially those who think we did a poor job yesterday. All your questions are answered. 

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-open-mike-26936807/episode/magic-president-of-basketball-operations-jeff-57186593/?cmp=web_share

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Fwiw I think it's highly likely we package Gordon and our pick in a bigger move this summer. 

I could see that. Weltman alluded to some bigger moves that just didn't work out. I think everyone is on the table some to lesser extent obviously. 

9 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Fwiw I think it's highly likely we package Gordon and our pick in a bigger move this summer. 

I agree. I also think if we had a healthy Isaac and Aminu that Gordon probably would’ve already been moved. We need a shooter/scorer at the 3 and embrace Isaac as a do it all 4. I think 2 of the 3 of Gordon, Vucevic and Fournier will be gone this summer.

Where do you see Ennis fitting in for the rest of the season? Does he get minutes off the bat? I just don’t see who he would replace in our 9 or 10 man rotation based on position that he’s better than. We also know Clifford won’t play small. Maybe the Ennis trade signals the starting of Iwundu over Khem and a bench of MCW/Ennis/Ross/Bamba?

27 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

As long as it doesn't mean we re-sign Evan I could be on board with this for the right move (would have to be huge).

However, I don't think I want to move on from Gordon. I'd like to see him as part of the final product of roster the FO is trying to build. I'd love to see him as part of a Fultz - (Athletic 3&D) - Gordon - Isaac - Bamba lineup, this is with a full potential Fultz, Isaac and Bamba, if not Bamba then a center in the mold of what we think his potential could be. I really think Gordon will thrive on a running team like that, his defence will be huge and the miss match that he and Isaac will present every night will be a huge strength of ours. I think the current way the team is built and played works against Gordon too much (and it's not modern basketball, and won't be a successful product in the foreseeable future).

1 hour ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

You guys should really check out the full interview of the above quotes. Especially those who think we did a poor job yesterday. All your questions are answered. 

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-open-mike-26936807/episode/magic-president-of-basketball-operations-jeff-57186593/?cmp=web_share

I think listening to this pissed me off more!

Weltman made a good point that we haven’t clicked this year. Chemistry doesn’t seem great from a viewer’s perspective. 

I saw on Twitter yesterday someone say that the team looked like they were disappointed they were still together and I have to agree. 

Hopefully there are moves to be made in the summer to shake things up and get this team playing the right style of basketball for the players we have. 

3 minutes ago, Magician09 said:

Weltman made a good point that we haven’t clicked this year. Chemistry doesn’t seem great from a viewer’s perspective. 

I saw on Twitter yesterday someone say that the team looked like they were disappointed they were still together and I have to agree. 

Hopefully there are moves to be made in the summer to shake things up and get this team playing the right style of basketball for the players we have. 

The bottom line is top end talent.  We can talk about this and that but it means nothing unless you strive to get that talent.  There has never been a winner in the NBA without top end talent.

12 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

The bottom line is top end talent.  We can talk about this and that but it means nothing unless you strive to get that talent.  There has never been a winner in the NBA without top end talent.

Couldn’t agree more.

From the way Weltman was talking, it sure does sound like AG is the odd man out with a healthy JI, Aminu and Okeke. If Fournier does end up opting in, his expiring deal coupled with AG and some picks could be enough to get in the conversation for a Beal or maybe even a Booker if he’s had enough in Phoenix. 

We're gonna have to find a way to get rid of Vucevic and Fournier before we get rid of Gordon.  I'm fully interested in what the strategy would be without those two.