Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

51 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Also for what it's worth sabonis is an all star like Vucevic was an all star last year. 

Sabonis is good but let's not act like he's a franchise player now. 

Who would you take. Sabonis or Vooch?

14 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Who cares? Neither creates a significant win difference.  

Simple question really. Pacers are 31 & 17 ...  For what its worth I'd probably take Vooch as his best is probably better than Sabonis best.

7 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Sure but we were focusing on a rim protector. Sabonis isn't a rim protector. Sabonis is like the version of Vucevic that's actually ok with contact making his post moves more effective. 

We were looking at skal if we were going big and Wade Baldwin, Beasley, or hopefully dejounte Murray if we were going small

I just don't understand this basketball stuff and how to build a team, etc. On the whole, I am pretty ignorant because I didn't play. It's way beyond my mental processing ability. If it were me, I would go BPA all the way, every draft, and find a team need (like a rim protector) another way. Teams passed up Kobe, Jordon, Trae Young, etc. and I just don't get it. You all are much smarter than I am. The little details with basketball are more than I can comprehend. I still enjoy watching it though. :-)

10 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I guess.... I feel your frustration deeply! I know we’ve had injuries, but it feels like we’ve regressed this year some. I would give strong consideration to blowing it up if we don’t righten the ship once we’ve rested and healed a bit; perhaps this summer. We have a horrible offense and the Vooch and Evan (offensive guys) show is getting old. It’s almost a guaranteed 1st round out every year. 

I don't see a first round out in the Magic's future this year. There is still half a season to play and they should be dropping to eighth or lower soon if changes aren't made.

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Who would you take. Sabonis or Vooch?

Sabonis

Edit: Because Sabonis can actually work with a guy like Myles Turner. You can call either of them a 4. I don't think Vuc can do that

Not meant as a comment on the above conversation, but something I just looked at -- there's only one qualifying center (Bobby Portis) who is shooting a worse percentage from the field than Vooch.

14 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Ok

Exactly what I meant.

But I'm still curious to know where I've wrote that I want a short term answer. If you use an argument against another user, you should also be able to back it up.

3 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Exactly what I meant.

But I'm still curious to know where I've wrote that I want a short term answer. If you use an argument against another user, you should also be able to back it up.

Your main premise is "the team as it's currently constructed is going nowhere" that's inherently a short term problem because the hope of this franchise and everything from a long term perspective is fultz and Isaac (and Bamba once he shows ability to be a starting player). Those are all guys on rookie contracts and a few years away from reliably carrying a team. 

So roster construction isn't all that important today because we're not sitting here thinking "we just need to add one piece to this team to become a contender". Our goals are entirely "get fultz and Isaac ready to carry us when it's time and build the best team around them as possible". 

Now there's two schools of thought here for how to accomplish this

1. Throw guys into the deep end and see if they'll sink or swim. Give them all the minutes they can handle and eliminate threats to those minutes. There's a lot of evidence lately that this method doesn't work and I think a lot of the flaws in Vucevic and fournier's games come from developing bad habits in losses. 

2. Give guys small roles and let them earn more on good teams over time. Make them face consequences of failure. Lot of good players today coming out of this philosophy whether intentionally or as a matter of circumstance. Lowry, George, Kawhi, siakam, Butler, etc. 

So back to the first point. I don't expect Fournier and Vucevic to be on this team in two years. They're just a means to an end. It doesn't matter if the team as currently constructed is going nowhere because the team as currently constructed is a short term entity. 

33 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Not meant as a comment on the above conversation, but something I just looked at -- there's only one qualifying center (Bobby Portis) who is shooting a worse percentage from the field than Vooch.

Is it the tweaks Clifford did with our offense and Vooch being further away from the basket the reason why? It seems he is uncomfortable and is even having trouble with the bread and butter shots he had before.