Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

I agree with FFTW... Most of these games that Isaac has been out i Clearly see at least 3 Shots that would have been altered or Blocked by Isaac... And its not wishful thinking he was averaging almost 3 blocks a game. That's a Difference of about 4-6 points and his presence in the paint or restricted area would have severely hampered some of these teams that have feasted on us with their inside scoring - I guarantee Schroeder would not have dropped a season high in points on us...however chris paul might have, lol

Quick question if anyone knows (I'm looking at you FFTW), since Chuma Okeke did not get a rookie contract last year, is he locked in at the rookie scale for 2019/2020, or does he now get the rookie salary based on the 2020/2021 rookie scale? I'm pretty sure he gets the 20/21 scale, but I've actually read both. 

15 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Quick question if anyone knows (I'm looking at you FFTW), since Chuma Okeke did not get a rookie contract last year, is he locked in at the rookie scale for 2019/2020, or does he now get the rookie salary based on the 2020/2021 rookie scale? I'm pretty sure he gets the 20/21 scale, but I've actually read both. 

20/21. 

This is the incentive for him. He makes a bit more money over the course of his deal

24 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Gotta trade him

You're kind of arguing both sides here though. Can't say "gotta trade him" in one post and "gotta fix the offense" in another. 

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

You're kind of arguing both sides here though. Can't say "gotta trade him" in one post and "gotta fix the offense" in another. 

Kinda but I think our offense would be more consistent if we shifted our philosophy. Game against LA for example. 

21 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Kinda but I think our offense would be more consistent if we shifted our philosophy. Game against LA for example. 

I don't think that's sustainable for a while season though. We just efforted our way through that one. 

I'm all for it but it's almost assuredly going to make us worse on offense but better on defense. 

That's actually kind of what we're trying to do long term though. Play like that but with better players in some of those roles. 

So it looks like Gordon is going to be in his 3rd Slam Dunk contest, yet he has been complaining that he has these nagging injuries with Achilles, knee and foot; interesting! I mentioned in a post a week or so ago that maybe he is playing up the injuries due to his poor numbers and of course I got whacked with a bunch of -.

So, I’ll just leave it at that and root for a third time being a charm. 

11 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

So it looks like Gordon is going to be in his 3rd Slam Duck contest, yet he has been complaining that he has these nagging injuries with Achilles, knee and foot; interesting! I mentioned in a post a week or so ago that maybe he is playing up the injuries due to his poor numbers and of course I got whacked with a bunch of -.

I get that AG likes to compete and entertain. However, I would rather he spend his spare time practicing shots that matter in a game, not acrobatic dunks for a contest. Do we want to win games and finish the season strong or what? Note: I know my avatar is AG from the dunk contest, but I believe this year it is more important to try and turn things around. Our team is disjointed and the only way to get back on track is through practice.

8 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

So it looks like Gordon is going to be in his 3rd Slam Dunk contest, yet he has been complaining that he has these nagging injuries with Achilles, knee and foot; interesting! I mentioned in a post a week or so ago that maybe he is playing up the injuries due to his poor numbers and of course I got whacked with a bunch of -.

These guys are professionals I'm not sure any of them would "play up" injuries while actively missing games and coming out of the locker room in a soft cast. 

I mean what would be the benefit?