Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

points per game is different from offensive rating, but they both tell the same story...we're not very good on offense

Record: 21-27, 7th in NBA Eastern Conference 

Last Game: L 92-113 at MIA

Next Game: Saturday, Feb. 1 vs. MIA

Coach: Steve Clifford (21-27)

Executive: Jeff Weltman

PTS/G: 103.5 (29th of 30) Opp PTS/G: 104.7 (1st of 30)

SRS: -0.77 (15th of 30) Pace: 97.9 (27th of 30)

Off Rtg: 105.6 (26th of 30) Def Rtg: 106.9 (7th of 30)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

points per game is different from offensive rating, but they both tell the same story...we're not very good on offense

That’s right. Thanks for the clarification.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Still...We need to fix this. 

Meh. A big chunk of this issue is being caused by going from Isaac to Birch and I don't really know why we're still forcing that lineup other than to avoid playing mcw-Ross-iwundu-Birch-Bamba lineups. 

Another big problem is we've been an average defensive team for a while which is impacting the offense. Subtracting Isaac, aminu, and MCW simultaneously has really hurt us. 

Another big problem is missing augustin. He was really carrying our bench scoring before he got hurt. It's forcing Ross to do too much. 

Hopefully with some rest fultz and Gordon pick up the offense starting Saturday because I'm afraid "fixing the offense" is going to be investing in Fournier and replacing iwundu with Wayne Ellington. 

We were not all that better with Isaac (12-19 actually I think)

We were not that good last year with good luck with inurjes. (and it's not like this season we've missed both Curry and Klay for almost all the games...)

I agree with Soul Bro there, a lot fo this things we've discussed recently about our style and long term plan, but unfortunately management is still in evaluation mode... :(

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

We were not that good last year with good luck with inurjes. (and it's not like this season we've missed both Curry and Klay for almost all the games...)

I agree with Soul Bro there, a lot fo this things we've discussed recently about our style and long term plan, but unfortunately management is still in evaluation mode... :(

You don't think Isaac gives us a few extra wins?

43 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

It’s not just Isaac though. Vooch missed a bunch of games, Gordon’s missed a bunch of games, MCW’s missed a bunch of games, DJ’s missed a bunch of games, Aminu has been out forever... I think our fully healthy ceiling was probably around 44-38, so though I’m disappointed with where we are now I’m not surprised. This is the time to be patient and smart. Try to move Fournier and/or DJ at the deadline just due to asset management. Need to be patient and wait until summer for a huge move unless an offer floors us at the deadline.

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

You don't think Isaac gives us a few extra wins?

Obviously yes, even if our record with him is actually worst than the one we have now, but was really that the point we're discussing here? Are the few wins the target of the franchise and of the fanbase? What Soul Bro was writing, and what a few of us in the forum are repeating quite a few times, is that this team, as constructed, is going nowhere, and the management, after the moves of the last offseason, as a big question mark over the way they operate.

We can find excuses like the injuries (All Eyes on Me, I obviously know that there were other injuries to key players, but not season ending ones as other team has, and as Soul Bro wrote, last year we were healthy and we were not all that better anyway) or the fact that the important year is 2021. But IMO that's just a way to postpone the problems and accept the status-quo, something we obviously tend to do as fans, and we've done recently with Henningan too... a lot of his moves were well accepted during his tenure, and then when the proyect failed and folded, everyone was critizing him. I really hope we don't have to accept another failure in a couple of years, but right now I've not a lot of reasons to be optimistic.

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeaaah.. just saw the “female like tendencies” quote... woof.. pass

Pass on that why? Coz he said that?

37 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Obviously yes, even if our record with him is actually worst than the one we have now, but was really that the point we're discussing here? Are the few wins the target of the franchise and of the fanbase? What Soul Bro was writing, and what a few of us in the forum are repeating quite a few times, is that this team, as constructed, is going nowhere, and the management, after the moves of the last offseason, as a big question mark over the way they operate.

We can find excuses like the injuries (All Eyes on Me, I obviously know that there were other injuries to key players, but not season ending ones as other team has, and as Soul Bro wrote, last year we were healthy and we were not all that better anyway) or the fact that the important year is 2021. But IMO that's just a way to postpone the problems and accept the status-quo, something we obviously tend to do as fans, and we've done recently with Henningan too... a lot of his moves were well accepted during his tenure, and then when the proyect failed and folded, everyone was critizing him. I really hope we don't have to accept another failure in a couple of years, but right now I've not a lot of reasons to be optimistic.

You want short term answers to long term problems and that's not really necessary. 

The only thing this franchise needs to do is not sign Fournier this summer. 

The general strategy is fine because the general strategy has nothing to do with Vucevic. He's just training wheels for fultz and Isaac. 

41 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Might make Fournier not opt out

Blah...the original tweet made it sound worse than it actually is. Still an increase just not as much as expected. 

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Blah...the original tweet made it sound worse than it actually is. Still an increase just not as much as expected. 

Yeah. 200 million in revenue only increases the cap by 3.33 million.