Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

32 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'd like us to get Marcus Morris off the Knicks for cheap if we can.

He's tough. Good all rounder and can shoot. Especially spotting up. He would fit in nicely.

Ummmmm...

What's the point of a rental if we are all but pegged to be the 7th seed? If we make a move it should be for depth that cost us pennies or a move towards the future that cost us whatever the market is. Morris changes nothing for this team. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

We are now 21-27. We have lost 4 in a row. We have the second to last offensive rating in the entire NBA. We are tied with Brooklyn for the 7/8 seed, though I believe we own the tiebreaker. Chicago, which is a bad team, is only three games back. 

After all of these years following Dwight’s departure, how can we be this bad? How have we built a subpar roster around vets like Fournier, Ross and Vooch? Why is this acceptable? 

At some point, the definition of insanity has to kick in. At some point, I’d hope our management would say we’re not okay with mediocrity. I really hope we dump some of our vets to allow our future guys to develop. Staying this course should not be okay. Let’s move forward. Go Magic.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

We are now 21-27. We have lost 4 in a row. We have the second to last offensive rating in the entire NBA. We are tied with Brooklyn for the 7/8 seed, though I believe we own the tiebreaker. Chicago, which is a bad team, is only three games back. 

After all of these years following Dwight’s departure, how can we be this bad? How have we built a subpar roster around vets like Fournier, Ross and Vooch? Why is this acceptable? 

At some point, the definition of insanity has to kick in. At some point, I’d hope our management would say we’re not okay with mediocrity. I really hope we dump some of our vets to allow our future guys to develop. Staying this course should not be okay. Let’s move forward. Go Magic.

Yup. So let’s trade for another defensive minded forward! 

31 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

how can we be this bad?

Last year we lost 51 games due to injury from our rotation players. 35 of those games were Bamba

A normal team misses around 100 games for the whole season from rotation players due to injury

Today, if Isaac misses the whole season, we're already at 171 missed games from rotation players. 

Nobody wants to hear it because they're using this as an excuse to vent about the teams real problems but we're meeting expectations for our situation. 

I spent the entire summer saying we're not going to be much better this year because we're not going to have an outlier level healthy season. I can go back and find the posts. But instead of having a normal level of health we're having almost a worst case scenario level of health. And we're handling it pretty well. 

On top of that we've had the 7th hardest schedule to date and just came off of the longest road trip in franchise history. But that's over. We've cleared that. Going forward we have the second easiest schedule. We'll end up as the 7th seed with 39 wins

5 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Also, not that it changes things much but we don't have the second worst offensive rating. We're at 26. 

Still...We need to fix this. 

22 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Last year we lost 51 games due to injury from our rotation players. 35 of those games were Bamba

A normal team misses around 100 games for the whole season from rotation players due to injury

Today, if Isaac misses the whole season, we're already at 171 missed games from rotation players. 

Nobody wants to hear it because they're using this as an excuse to vent about the teams real problems but we're meeting expectations for our situation. 

I spent the entire summer saying we're not going to be much better this year because we're not going to have an outlier level healthy season. I can go back and find the posts. But instead of having a normal level of health we're having almost a worst case scenario level of health. And we're handling it pretty well. 

On top of that we've had the 7th hardest schedule to date and just came off of the longest road trip in franchise history. But that's over. We've cleared that. Going forward we have the second easiest schedule. We'll end up as the 7th seed with 39 wins

None of this changes much for me. Last year we were lucky with injury and still average. This year we’ve been unlucky with injury and below average. The high usage vet core of this team has a low ceiling. If we stay the course with this current core of vets I think it’d be a huge mistake.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2