Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

4 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Conspiracy theory time:

We drafted Chuma (in addition to his skill set that we value) because of the fact that he's going to be out for the year, and I think this is what was the tiebreaker between him and other guys on our draft board.

I think WeltHam was planning on drafting/redshirting Chuma so he would be our rookie in a relatively weak 2020 NBA draft. I also think they were planning on trading our 2020 first in a package with AG on draft night, to try to either move up or trade for a good proven player. They saw that the 2020 draft was going to be weak and so they decided to punt on that draft and bring a redshirted guy from 2019 in instead. This would allow them to trade our 2020 first since I'm not entirely convinced they love bringing in two rookies in the same year on a team with playoff aspirations. Maybe they're trying to stockpile on picks in future drafts where high school prospects will be allowed to enter? Maybe they wanted to package our 2020 first and AG for a proven star?

What do you guys think?

We drafted chuma because our analytics department had him as a top 5 pick and he fits what we like in players. If he was healthy we would have drafted him. 

I don't think we want 2 rookies. I think we're looking at dumping our pick. I'm not sure Gordon comes into play with that. 

11 minutes ago, Fultz4thewin said:

We drafted chuma because our analytics department had him as a top 5 pick and he fits what we like in players. If he was healthy we would have drafted him. 

I don't think we want 2 rookies. I think we're looking at dumping our pick. I'm not sure Gordon comes into play with that. 

Yeah thats my point, we drafted Chuma so we could trade our 2020 pick because of how weak of a draft it is and they wanted Chuma to be the rookie for that year. I just said AG because I think Chuma will eventually win the starting F role next to Isaac, and we have the depth to trade AG when everyone's healthy. We signed Aminu in case of an AG trade as well as for F depth. 

4 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yeah he calls his left knee Evan. And his right knee Nikola. 

Hahaha! You are so funny, Fan! I love it!

Edit:  This is in reference to your reply about AG's injuries.

18 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

Yeah thats my point, we drafted Chuma so we could trade our 2020 pick because of how weak of a draft it is and they wanted Chuma to be the rookie for that year. I just said AG because I think Chuma will eventually win the starting F role next to Isaac, and we have the depth to trade AG when everyone's healthy. We signed Aminu in case of an AG trade as well as for F depth. 

No. There's a difference. 

We drafted chuma

We don't mind getting off of our pick. 

Those are facts that aren't necessarily linked by causation. I think we would have drafted him regardless if he was injured or not. 

3 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Weird timing

Not really. Takes us through the trade deadline

Edit: remember, if we trade one of our guys for 2 players, even if we don't want the second player and he was only included for salary matching we need a roster spot for that guy before we waive him. 

So Clark takes us through the trade deadline. If we need his roster spot we can waive him from his 10 day to create the roster spot and then waive the new player and resign Clark for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Not really. Takes us through the trade deadline

Edit: remember, if we trade one of our guys for 2 players, even if we don't want the second player and he was only included for salary matching we need a roster spot for that guy before we waive him. 

So Clark takes us through the trade deadline. If we need his roster spot we can waive him from his 10 day to create the roster spot and then waive the new player and resign Clark for the rest of the season. 

It kind of sounds like this might be/have been the plan all along - otherwise we probably would have signed him to the second 10-day before the Heat game.

Was just talking to my Brother who now lives and Kansas City and is trying but failing to get a super bowl ticket.  We started to reminisce about going to game 4 of the 2009 ECF against Cleveland and how incredible it was.  We both agree it was near the top of sporting events we have ever been to.  Those memories with my Brother will last forever.  It also reminded me of how electric this town was rooting for our only pro franchise.  I remember meeting people I would never meet in normal life and hugging them just because we both loved the Magic.  Damn I really want those days again:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'd like us to get Marcus Morris off the Knicks for cheap if we can.

He's tough. Good all rounder and can shoot. Especially spotting up. He would fit in nicely.

12 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'd like us to get Marcus Morris off the Knicks for cheap if we can.

He's tough. Good all rounder and can shoot. Especially spotting up. He would fit in nicely.

And a $15 mill expiring, I believe. So if it doesn’t work we get the cap space. But also, we can’t give up too much for him if he’ll only be a 30 game rental