Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

What the hell looool

I have  tried to tell ya'll that DJ is one of the reasons we have stayed in the hunt for a climb in the playoffs--before his injury.  ;)

DJ is the yin to fultz's yang (as the backup point guard). The two complimented each other, brought balance  to the team because each has a talent that balances out the other players talent--defensively or offensively.

You tell them John Denton!

Edit: The other thing is that Evan was at times trying to play the point which was ineffective. Evan does not know how to drive the paint without turning the ball over.

4 hours ago, Fultz4thewin said:

Their minutes coincide too much so it only ends up as 4.6 minutes per game with fultz on the court without Fournier. So these numbers are pretty much worthless but his field goal attempts go up by 4.3 per 36, his points go up to 18.1 from 14.8 per 36. 

Naysayers, the truth has spoken. In the arms of justice I yet again have submitted myself to the NBA gods. These stats do not lie! 

Lakers at 76ers Saturday, Jan. 25th.  (76ers won  108-91)

Look at the minutes played and scoring from key players after Davis and LeBron.

Also, it is noted by ESPN that LeBron passes Kobe for 3rd on all-time scoring list.

Starters:

Anthony Davis     PF    31 Mins.   31 pts.

LeBron James     SF    35 Mins.   29 pts.

Dwight Howard     C    16 Mins       2 pts.

Avery Bradley      PG    18 Mins.     7 pts.

Danny Green       SG     31 Mins.    2 pts.   (Danny Green -  2 pts.?)

Bench:   

Kyle Kuzma         PF     27 Mins.    4 pts.   (Kyle Kuzma -  4 pts.?)

Rajon Rondo       PG    15 Mins.     2 pts.

K. C. Pope           SG    33 Mins.    7 pts.    

8 hours ago, Gordon MVP said:

They have a rookie who’s already looking like a future all star. I want to know since our teams are similar — which player is already looking like a superstar? We all know we have “potential ones”. I’m not talking about those. 

This argument is silly. In no way, shape or form are we where we should be 8 years into a rebuild.

I wouldn't say superstar, but I would say that AG is starting to hold his own. I could be wrong, but it is looking like he is starting to figure things out a little bit. His shot selection has been better these last few games, he isn't trying to do too much, and at times he is imposing his will around the basket. If the trend continues he could be a vital piece for us moving forward, imo. The guys I don't want to trade are JI, AG, and Fultz. I am giving Bamba a pass this year.

At this point a value more Iwundu and MCW than a lot of other players on this team. Not because they are better or more talented  but because they seem to understand their roles well and appreaciate their time with the team and you can see that passion and  effort translate into the court. No sure I can say the same about others in the team. You can develop talent and ability to play this game correctly but personality and effort is something that you cant teach nor develop.  I need to see another year from Bamba before I make a final  judgment on him. 

Fournier needs to go. He is expiring and We can win without him as we all saw in that Lakers game. I dont think we can afford to loose another key player this year. We, However, Should start exploring option of trading Vooch in the offseason. Not now. 
AG can be frustating but unless we get a win now talent OR another young talent back(SG), we should continue riding with him and wait until next year trade deadline. By then, we will have a better idea how and if Okeke can fill that role. 

DJ is a very key player for the playoff run and I rather keep him and let him expire. Any trade for him will not bring any value back worth exploring. I dont value 2nd rounders more than what he can bring to the court come playoff time. Not to mention his ability to continue helping Fultz develop. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

DJ is a very key player for the playoff run and I rather keep him and let him expire. Any trade for him will not bring any value back worth exploring. I dont value 2nd rounders more than what he can bring to the court come playoff time. Not to mention his ability to continue helping Fultz develop. 

Thank you, magicdoc1.  I just don't see why other posters, who are calling for him to be shipped out, don't get it. They are looking at his height and are of the opinion that he cannot guard taller point guards.

I thought we wanted to make a leap in the playoff run from last year. DJ was a key to us making the playoffs last year. MCW  cannot give us the balanced point guard scoring (and passing ability) that DJ and Fultz will give us.

Some of you are looking at DJ's age. Well, heck, Steph Curry is 31 also, and our very own hometown boy, Vince Carter is 40 and is still providing minutes for the Atlanta Hawks.

As magicdoc1 mentioned, 'DJ's ability to continue helping Fultz develop'.                                                          

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Just a regular Magic fan said:

I wouldn't say superstar, but I would say that AG is starting to hold his own. I could be wrong, but it is looking like he is starting to figure things out a little bit. His shot selection has been better these last few games, he isn't trying to do too much, and at times he is imposing his will around the basket. If the trend continues he could be a vital piece for us moving forward, imo. The guys I don't want to trade are JI, AG, and Fultz. I am giving Bamba a pass this year.

Huh? AG is looking much worse this year than previous years