Fultz4thewin

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

7 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Zion is ELECTRIFYING!! WOW!!

17 points in 3 mins

You just gotta hope he stays fit and injury free

The draft we should’ve tanked for

It was impressive by Zion. But if I was a pelican fan I’d be pissed. If he needed a blow then sit the guy for a couple minutes. But put him back in with the game on the line. He was not struggling physically obviously. And don’t give this minute restrictions bs. 

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

It was impressive by Zion. But if I was a pelican fan I’d be pissed. If he needed a blow then sit the guy for a couple minutes. But put him back in with the game on the line. He was not struggling physically obviously. And don’t give this minute restrictions bs. 

The medical team made that decision. Zion and the coaching staff were upset. 

4 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If that’s the case then they have more influence than they should. Doctors smdh

It's hard to get that balance. When you give coaches and players full autonomy you run into the Chicago situation where Thibs ran Deng, Noah, and Rose into the ground and now we're seeing that maybe if Rose was managed a little better he wouldn't have dealt with 5 wasted seasons of his prime. 

On the other hand there needs to be some leeway. There can't be that much risk with 22 minutes over 18 minutes in a single game. Maybe that difference compounds over a month of games but when you have a guy go on a 17 point run by himself in his first game just let him push the limits a bit. 

But New Orleans medical staff is the old Phoenix medical staff. They're literally the most respected staff in the league. They probably know what they're doing.